Old 11-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #1  

Default Blue Team Fall into Fitness Chat Thread Week 7 (11/18/13 - 11/24/13)

Hi Blue team hope you've had a good week. I've still been busy working and visiting with my mom. She is doing better but wont be home for awhile I don't think.

This leads to long days, bad eating, and no time for exercise. Hopefully this will change soon. I can feel the need to workout again. Just never seem to be home anymore.

Hope all is well with everyone. I haven't even been on again to read. Sorry about that.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:03 PM   #2  

Okay just went back and read last weeks thread. Most of you are doing well and getting in the exercise with the walking. You'd be surprised when you add up walking with a pedometer when your doing a desk job. Take into account all the bathroom breaks and just back and forth and it can really add up.

Great job all of you for doing any type of movement. It's all accumulates throughout the day so keep going.

I'm going to get myself the fitbit force when it gets released to stores soon. That will be good as I can add people who have one and we can all challenge each other. A few of my friends want to get one too so that would be good. If anyone on here has one and wants to be friends after just let me know. I'll let you all know when I have it in my hot little hands.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello Blue Team!

Hope everyone is doing well. It's a bit overwhelming right now on this end. We have packed up our house and hubby and I are on our way back to Seattle with no job and no place to live once we get there. Oh yeah... we're also travelling across country with 3 dogs and 2 cats in the car with us. Fun times !

I apologize for the delay in posting the weekly numbers as I have now realized this computer does not have access to the spreadsheet I need in order to complete the week. The numbers will get posted as soon as possible.

The FitBit is a brilliant little device and I have been looking at the Force too. Once we are settled that's definitely going to be one of the first purchases in our household. It would be great for us to get a 3fc/FitBit thing going !! Great motivation !

Have a great week 7 Team !
Old 11-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #4  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

I've ordered my Fitbit Force a couple weeks ago. Now waiting on the release date! I wish it was yesterday. Can't believe it is not officially announce. I simply can't wait. I've been working out like crazy the last few months, it would be nice to know the exact calorie burn, instead of guessing that an hour of zumba/pulse fitness may burn 700-1000 calories. I want the exact number of calorie burn, and I want it now.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 277/231/150

Height: 5' 4"

I love my Fitbit One. I did put it through the wash once (a common problem that probably won't occur with the bracelet type Fitbits) and it still works but it now holds a charge for only about 24 hours. I've been forgetting to charge it so I'm going to think about replacing it with a Fitbit Force.

Between My Fitness Pal and the Fitbit I haven't been good about posting here because it means retyping the info I'm already carrying around on my phone. A 3FC Fitbit group sounds interesting. I don't have any "friends" on either program right now but it sounds like there can be a friendly competition among your friends which would probably be very motivating. One more technology thing I would have to figure out how to do...

Last edited by pearlfit; 11-19-2013 at 09:46 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

It has been really challenging trying to get back into the swing of things after vacation. And now with the holidays coming up everything is 'in season' with the mint mochas, gingerbread lattes, pumkin white chocolate lattes. You would think that I was a cbig offee drinker when i'm really not. I need to focus on my weight loss goals a little more.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW194/CW144/GW140

Height: 5.10

Hey all,

I'm still struggling to get my energy back from being sick last week. Did a good workout today even though my body kept telling me to quit.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:41 AM   #8  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Hope you feel better, hiddenstar.

Next week I plan on starting Zumba. My weight has pretty much stalled, and I hope adding Zumba will help.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #9  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

I was just wondering, how many folks initially in the Blue Team, and how many are still active??

I was recording my WI a bit ago, and as I was scrolling down to my post, all I saw was missed weigh in, and eliminated...

And then, it be nice to know how many folks still in the challenge in the Red Team??
Old 11-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #10  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

Hey team. I haven't been on the chat in awhile. Been pretty hectic over here. Started a full time job, going to school part time and my long distance boyfriend is here for a month. Meanwhile my daughter has a bunch of girl scout and school events this month. So I haven't been getting in any exercise really except I have been using the bathroom further away from my office (there's 2 in the building) so it's better than using the one across the hall I suppose lol. Plus my knee injury I got last year has flared up and it's really painful which makes standing in any capacity for more than a few minutes very painful.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:02 PM   #11  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Still hanging in there . . . eating, water, exercise but still stuck. I've been reading a lot about detoxing, which by doing all the above we are all doing. Toxins are stored in fat, and when you "burn" fat, some of those toxins are "re-released" into your system. I've had symptoms lately of upset stomach and headaches which I'm attributing to the toxin release. Further, I read that all this toxin release messes with your thyroid, which I'm already hypo, so I'm thinking this has a lot to do with my "stuckness", lol. Either way, I'm still doing the right things, so hang in there girls, it will still be worth it.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:54 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm still here! I've just had a really stressful week at work, and the weather suddenly got really cold, so I've been hibernating a bit. I've been doing pretty well with food and exercise, even though the cold/stress combo has made it a real challenge.

Doragone: stick with it! You'll see a good change soon I am sure.

Haley: you sound super busy! I hope your knee feels better.

Robot: how's Zumba going?

Hiddenstar: feeling better? It's hard getting back to things after a disruption, and of course you don't want to impede your recovery. I do hope you're doing better and have been able to get back in action.

Sea urchin: I bought this pumpkin spice tea a few years ago that was truly horrible. One cup of that cured me of my fondness for favored seasonal drinks. I guess I'd recommend it. If I remembered the brand.

Bigmid, how's your mom? I hope you've been able to take some time for yourself too this week.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:04 AM   #13  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Swan View Post

Robot: how's Zumba going?

I recently did a step by step dvd and was sweating buckets. This is going to be rough, but fun.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:55 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Blue Team:

Total Lost: -10.1 lbs (-0.46%)

Blue Team Biggest Loser: pearlfit (-1.9 lbs, -0.80%)

Honorable Mentions:

Haley8203 (-4.6 lbs, -1.20%) (Did not post to chat thread)
LittleBlueCat (-1.0 lbs, -0.62%)
hiddenstar (-1.0 lbs, -0.61%)

Congratulations to all the week 6 losers !

It's been one crazy week and this coming week looks like it will be just as crazy. I still do not have Excel available at home so will do the weekly numbers as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience everyone !

We still have 10 team members active as of the 17th and the Red Team has 16 members still active.

We can do this !!

Last edited by LeslieB; 11-23-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 277/231/150

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone - I'm still here - finding it hard to keep the daily logs or contribute much but I'll stick with this until the end! Scale didn't budge all week then this weekend I'm down 4.7 lbs. Although, since I was pretty sick for a few days I haven't felt like eating. So I'm not going to change my ticker quite yet in case it's just a fluke.

If this is for real it's a big one for me - 45 lbs down and no longer morbidly obese! I've been looking forward to 232 for a long time!