South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 06:52 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Terrific Tuesday Chat - November 19

Good morning. I'm forcing myself to live up to the title of Terrific. Woke to snow happening and the news that a 3FC friend had passed away. The day has to get better! As soon as this morning darkness leaves things will improve. Today is supposed to be "windy" and a below normal high of 36ºF.

The niggle list gets shorter and then I add to it. I do have some Christmas shopping done and know where the bags and wrapping paper are stashed. I even got some hints from my darling DIL re what to buy my son and granddaughter Tayler.

This morning I'm going to be driving the Township delivering the rest of the Fair schoolwork and prizes. I can't be at the schools until after 9:15 when the last school bus drop-of happens. I hope to be done by early afternoon and will do a bank deposit while I'm on the road. (I love ATMs!)

My neighbour just turned on her porch light and is out there taking down her Halloween decorations. I guess the snow gave her a nudge. She is also packing up to move - she was just renting temporarily since August 1. I really enjoyed having school-age kids next door and will miss them. The house is for sale still and will probably remain empty over the winter.

The sun is supposed to come up at 7:05 but I think the alarm didn't go off as it's still gray light out there. Come on !

So ... off we go into Terrific Tuesday.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Talkin' it Up Tuesday on the Beach 11/19

Good morning chicks! We'll see if I simul-post with anyone, I didn't see anyone's egg lit up .

Yesterday I think I got a bazillion errands done. Not exactly an anxiety free day (HA!), but at least I checked off a lot of boxes on the errand list. It included posting my Gordon's ultrasound for a second opinion, which I am anxiously awaiting.

DH is out of town, today is a long day, but it's all going well. I have a wee bit of leftovers to keep me on track. I'm starting to want to take care of Christmas, but one of my errands included a >$1000 estimate for the van. Ick. Puts a damper on the Christmas spirit!

Anyone have excitement today?
Old 11-19-2013, 07:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Tammy! I was about to start the thread when I saw you were posting. Thanks! I sure hope the cost of repairs on your van ends up a lot less than the estimate. Ouch! Here's to a stress-free day today -

I need to pack an overnight bag since I'm staying with the girls at the farm tonight, and maybe tomorrow night, too. Since we'll have a lot of running to flute and violin lessons after school, I think we'll probably just grab supper out.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:16 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

We could have had a triple simul-post! I merged us - that will probably be a highlight of my day!
Old 11-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth, I think that might be awesome if that's the most exciting thing in your day!

Good morning Cottage! Enjoy your time with the girls .
Old 11-19-2013, 08:06 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I've got the day off to get hings done before my quick DC trip tomorrow. Unfortunately I have unfinished work so not completely off. I'm starting with hair repair this morning, wish I could remember if it's 9 or 9:30! Oh well, better get moving. I'll be back later
Old 11-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Ruth - Sorry about your friend.

Not much happening here. I work this afternoon. For some reason I had quite a wild work nightmare last night. Hmmm. Both boys called yesterday and it hit me that they will be home in just over a week.

Have a great day, chicks.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:00 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The concert was great last night but we did not get home til 11:30 p.m. which makes for a rough waking up in the a.m.

Ruth sorry to hear about your friend

Cottage your are flexible Have fun with the girls

Tywnn ouch hope the expenses come in a lot less for the van

to everyone else

Time to run it's 8 a.m. call time Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Old 11-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good evening took an hour and a half off from work for no particular reason.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. Taking as much OT as possible to get my affairs in order before tuition I the fall yikes!!!

Ruth so sorry to hear about your friend

Tammy I dropped a grand into the pick up last month and haven't recovered yet. Oh well such is life.

Going home to get laundry caught up and relax before errand day tomorrow. Thursday working 12 hours OT. Friday taking my friend to a doctor's appointment. Hopefully date night with Joe afterwards. We are way overdue for one.

Enjoy your evening.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening, ladies!

Ruth, my sympathy.

Jennifer, hope you are feeling better.

Twynn, ouch!! on that repair bill. Maybe it won't be so bad.

Baked chicken and acorn squash in the over for dinner. Our winter squash harvest was awesome and somehow a dozen squash last much longer when it is only DH and I!!!

Starting to get some Christmas shopping done. Let's hear it for online shopping!!

Have a great evening, all!
Closed Thread