View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #16
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Tuesday

GOOD NOVEMBER AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It is a windy day in the high 50įs here in the ♥-Land and feels quite chilly. I will get some house cleaning this afternoon for it is just too windy to go out to the range and pop a few caps. Will got me a S&W 22 for my birthday and it is a very low number and in new shape.

Our Cree-off road lights, that go on the top of the front bumper above the wench, came today and we have an appointment to have them installed (wired) on Friday. There is a dash switch inside the jeep that we donít use because it is for a back window washer for a glass window and we have a rag top so we have it disconnected. They can wire the lights to that switch in dash board. They are super bright lights that can be tilted up into the sky or down on the road or right or left or straight ahead. The kid installing them said he is going to order that same kind of lights for his vehicle and asked where we got ours. They will certainly come in handy when we are driving at night on a lonely road up high in the mountains or elsewhere off road or on a lonely one anywhere for that matter. Having them so handily near to switch off when or if we meet any oncoming vehicle is a plus. Usually we havenít met oncoming traffic in those places but you just never know and we certainly need to be prepared to be courteous and not blind the oncoming driver.

I have a meatloaf all mixed up and in its pan in the oven. For the last 15 minutes of cooking I paint the top with a mixture of catsup and Splendaģ brown sugar mix. I look forward to the leftovers because we both love meat loaf sandwiches. I havenít yet decided what veggies I am going to serve with it for dinner. I think I will give Will the chance to choose when he gets out of the shower.

JEAN What kind of casserole was it? Lots of times casseroles are better when they are warmed up another day. Seems like our weather is alike with the wind. I sure use a lot of hair spray. Isn't it funny how all men (or most anyway) save change. I am sure glad our bank counts it for us. I am sure banks have found worse things than a washer in the coins so don't feel so bad. If you were a fly on the wall at your bank I imagine there were lots of odd things in with the coins to be counted. We bought a fresh turkey breast for Thanksgiving and I am going to peel the skin back and lavish the meat with a spice mix then put the skin back on and bake it. If it isn't windy Will may do in on the Barbie. What are your plans?

DONNA FAYE I got a kick about your dreams ~ you even clean in them. Graceous sakes girlfriend. I am so sure those folks will love those items you are knitting for them. Hand made items make such lovely gifts. I have a wonderful throw an elder lady made for me. She is a person that I remember from when I was 5 years old who always gave me a treat when I visited her. It was half an orange that had been cut with a tad sprinkle of salt on it to bring out the juice. She is still alive and just as nice as ever. She and her family lived on the base when we did years back.

SUSAN What has been occupying your time my friend?

Have a great afternoon/evening my Magnolias.
Always remember ~ A setback is only a setup for a comeback.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote