Old 11-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #1  

Default IP - starting tomorrow

Hi Everyone. I am new to this group and very new to IP (my first one-hour session is this evening and I expect to start tomorrow). I have been reading all of the previous posts and am scared and excited all at the same time. My biggest fear is how am I possibly going to be able to live on just the few food and drink choices the program offers, and also getting in all of the veggies. I am not a die-hard veggie lover, but hope I will learn to be creative and make a bunch of positive lifestyle changes.

If anyone has any words of wisdom for me, I can use all of the help and support I can get. Glad you all are out here!

Thanks,
Kellie
klp01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #2  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Best advice I can give is to read this forum, and search the recipes threads, and post questions on the daily thread... I am now into my 10th week on IP and I remember the first few weeks thinking "How am I going to do this for (insert however long) weeks?" But I am loving the simplicity of this program and there is great support on this board!

Welcome, and I wish you the best of luck!
Deana509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #3  

Thank you so much!!!
Old 11-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #4  
IP Start Date 11.07.13

S/C/G: 185.6/171.2/135

Height: 5'5"

Good luck Kellie! I am new too, I just started on 11/07. The best advice I have is to plan ahead. Even in the short time that I've been on IP I've been to multiple parties that had no food that I could eat, but I was ready with a packet.

I have always been a veggie lover, so I can't relate on that front, but search through the recipe threads...there are so many great recipes/suggestions that can be found here. I love making cauliflower "rice". Even though I enjoy veggies, it's nice to switch them up.

Best of luck,
Kelly
kpw30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 275/239/175

Height: 5'2"

Good luck. I can say that most food from IP is very good. Try all at least once if they allow you buy a single package and not the whole box. I have been loving the recipes on here and getting support from others that know what I'm going through.
exesparz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250HW/216.4IP/192.6/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm starting tomorrow too, using alternatives since the closest IP spot is a good 40 minute drive from my house. My mom has lost over 40 lbs in 3 months!
wosmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #7  
Joined IP on 07/15/13

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by klp01 View Post
Hi Everyone. I am new to this group and very new to IP (my first one-hour session is this evening and I expect to start tomorrow). I have been reading all of the previous posts and am scared and excited all at the same time. My biggest fear is how am I possibly going to be able to live on just the few food and drink choices the program offers, and also getting in all of the veggies. I am not a die-hard veggie lover, but hope I will learn to be creative and make a bunch of positive lifestyle changes.

If anyone has any words of wisdom for me, I can use all of the help and support I can get. Glad you all are out here!

Thanks,
Kellie
Kellie

I started on 07/15/13 and so far lost 48 ibs and over 31 inches ! The first (2) weeks were the hardest for me as I had to completely starve my body from carbs and sugar ! I cook a lot but the cravings were not as bad as I was expecting but they do have some good little snacks to curb my sweet tooth ! Plus now after 4 months, I am able to cook all the forbidden food for my family and not even break a sweat !!
Plan ahead and stay strong ! Good luck in your new adventure !
Frenchy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:54 PM   #8  
Started Jan. 22. 2013

S/C/G: 373/359/273

Height: 5'7"

Hello all!....I started up again today. I got off the IP plan at the end of June as I did not want to worry about it all thru the summer however, since September I have tried to get back on with great difficulty.
I put on 16 lbs. while I was off. So my short-term goal is to lose at least the 25 lbs. from now until Xmas. However, today I was told that my goal is not reasonable...so I have adjusted that goal to 16 lbs. anything more than that will be a bonus.
Tough day..and the day is not over yet.
Thought I would get back on this site to occupy my thoughts.
Any suggestions how I can change my way of thinking..need to start thinking skinny!
Rachel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:16 AM   #9  
Just doin' it!

S/C/G: 176/153/135

Height: 5'3"

klp01: I had the exact same reservations. Like others have said, search the forums, look for ways to mix it up a bit. For me, the bottom line was if I was able to commit once and for all and make this my last "diet". The answer was yes and I was scared to death. This is definitely not a program that you will get a fee day on, or a free dinner on, at least not in the beginning. This is a way to get rid of the fat and learn what will work for you for the rest of your life. Phase 1 is tough and I got to say a bit emotional. I have been through a couple ups and downs but besides 3 tortilla chips, I have been faithfully OP since starting. Staying creative, staying excited and keeping your eye on the end result will go far. The support in this forum is incredible and I don't know that I could have done it without these folks. There are days where I hate it but I do it anyway and when I wake up I am so grateful that I just did what I had to do. The feelings and moments do pass and you have to remember it. Phase 1 isn't forever and the more you stay OP, the least amount of time you have to spend in Phase 1. THAT is my motivation.
airportchick11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:17 AM   #10  

Default Thanks!

Thanks all for the motivation and great advice. I am almost through day one. It has been pretty challenging, but looking forward to tomorrow.

Many folks have mentioned a section on this board for IP recipes. Can you point me in the direction to check them out? I am also interested in how you can use the packets with other food, to make a different type of meal.

Thanks again!
Kellie
Old 11-20-2013, 02:16 AM   #11  
Superhero

S/C/G: 244/230/164

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by klp01 View Post
Thanks all for the motivation and great advice. I am almost through day one. It has been pretty challenging, but looking forward to tomorrow.

Many folks have mentioned a section on this board for IP recipes. Can you point me in the direction to check them out? I am also interested in how you can use the packets with other food, to make a different type of meal.

Thanks again!
Kellie
Hi Kellie, I wish you luck ! I just made it to my first weight in. It was worth the first week struggles. Just be prepared.
All the recipes can be found at the top of the ideal protein. I recommend reading thru as much as possible lots of info!
Keep us updated !
SkinnyChiz is offline   Reply With Quote