Old 11-16-2013, 04:08 AM   #1  
Superhero

S/C/G: 244/230/164

Height: 5'3

Post November starts ?

Hey ladies, I started on Nov 10th. Feeling great so far! How's everyone making out so far?
What's your favorite meal ?
How's your body feeling ?
Challenges?
I always had an excuse not to get this going. No more for me. I can't beat myself up anymore. Mistakes happen.
My goals : single digit clothing , tall boots that fit, 20 by Xmas!

Let's do this for each other and ourselves!
Good luck to all!
SkinnyChiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Hi Skinny! I started on the 12th......7 lbs down....

What's your favorite meal ? I dont have one yet, but i really like adding mushrooms to breakfast, helps get in the 4 cups...
How's your body feeling ? Was tired before, slight headache but not as bad as I thought it would be. I seems to have legs that twitch in the night though....and sometimes I feel flushed.......then the other times im freezing lol...

I like my restricted durring the day, i can kind of much on it...a few chips then leave some for later, seems to get me over the big cravings...yesterday i had a dill pickle...helped me too..
Challenges?
locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

I started on the fifth. Down 5-6 (5 at weigh in Wednesday). I was low carb before so no big losses in week 1. All is well so far, just struggling with veggies and occasional cravings. Week 1 I used a sampler pack from the clinic-- glad I have foods I like this week!

My goal is 20 before Christmas as well.
yespositively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #4  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

I started on November 13. Days 2 and 3 were difficult but it is getting better today. I don't have a favorite meal yet. I also have a goal of single digit clothes. Had a NSV this week already. Jeans I couldn't button a week ago now fit beautifully. It inspired me to keep going!
calypso58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

I am going to start on Monday. Need some encouraging "friends" along the way ..very nervous I'm going to fail once again. first goal is to et below 170 which I have not been in 5 years. Look forward to advice and tips
Sealilhannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #6  
Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
Hi Skinny! I started on the 12th......7 lbs down....

What's your favorite meal ? I dont have one yet, but i really like adding mushrooms to breakfast, helps get in the 4 cups...
How's your body feeling ? Was tired before, slight headache but not as bad as I thought it would be. I seems to have legs that twitch in the night though....and sometimes I feel flushed.......then the other times im freezing lol...

I like my restricted durring the day, i can kind of much on it...a few chips then leave some for later, seems to get me over the big cravings...yesterday i had a dill pickle...helped me too..
Challenges?
Salut la Mme de Quebec!
Favourite meal so far is banana pudding. I am also obsessed with broccoli slaw. It's really filling. Add a little home dressing and its great. I'm finding it hard to get in all my veggies also. I dehydrated some kale and spinach last night. Good to throw in a soup or eat on it's own.
Breaking up the snack is a good habit. I'm trying hard to pay attention to when I'm full. It's tough on ketosis, because your not hungry sometimes. I don't eat broccoli cause I love broccoli. I eat it cause it fuels my body.

My sleep has been a little off all week, I think it's because I'm in the burning phases. I am still waking up well rested.

I think it's important to plan your meals. I have picked all my meals for the week. At least my IP meals. labelled them with the days of the week.

Keep it up ladies ! Remember to not beat yourself up when you have a bad day.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #7  
Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealilhannah View Post
I am going to start on Monday. Need some encouraging "friends" along the way ..very nervous I'm going to fail once again. first goal is to et below 170 which I have not been in 5 years. Look forward to advice and tips
We're here for u. Change your definition of fail. Focus each day on what you did right instead. Remember the next day will always be there to start fresh! I wish you luck and know you can do this. Try to have mini goals that don't involve numbers.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

I started back today, i do alternatives, shake in morning and before bed, had a salad with lettuce red bel pepper and celery with 4oz turkey patty for lunch, will have a bar and then 4oz of something tonight with more salad.
Glad to see others starting in November!
BLUEJEWEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 236/216/135

Height: 5'4"

I started this week. I did IP once before, stopping 20 lbs before I reached goal (oh how I wish I could go back to that critical day!). Anyway, my favorite meal is steak with sautéed mushrooms and a big green salad...feels so special, and we can have it!

My favorite IP food is the RTD Chocolate, which I live on. I have tried most of the others, actually tried the new choc chip bar today and it was good!

I feel good for having started again, but physically today tired and slight headache. Can't wait for ketosis to kick in, then I know I'll feel great!

Good luck to all!
mom2hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #10  
Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2hi View Post
I started this week. I did IP once before, stopping 20 lbs before I reached goal (oh how I wish I could go back to that critical day!). Anyway, my favorite meal is steak with sautéed mushrooms and a big green salad...feels so special, and we can have it!

My favorite IP food is the RTD Chocolate, which I live on. I have tried most of the others, actually tried the new choc chip bar today and it was good!

I feel good for having started again, but physically today tired and slight headache. Can't wait for ketosis to kick in, then I know I'll feel great!

Good luck to all!
Welcome, you can do this I know you can ! Loving steak also. a little garlic pawder does the trick ! Good luck
Old 11-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyChiz View Post
Welcome, you can do this I know you can ! Loving steak also. a little garlic pawder does the trick ! Good luck
Thank you, Skinny! This is a great plan, I know it works, as I went from 236 to 155 in about 7 months. I still don't understand why I didn't see it through to goal, but am working through my feelings about that so I won't do the same this time.

Best of luck to you, too!
Old 11-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #12  

Ok I am kinds freaking out. Just went into BJ's to get started shopping for Monday and ended up putting everything back. I know I need a list but I also have 3 kids and a husband to feed (I know I'm not alone there but I feel so overwhelmed trying to get started. Any tips? Sorry to be needy
Old 11-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #13  
Superhero

Quote:
Ok I am kinds freaking out. Just went into BJ's to get started shopping for Monday and ended up putting everything back. I know I need a list but I also have 3 kids and a husband to feed (I know I'm not alone there but I feel so overwhelmed trying to get started. Any tips? Sorry to be needy
My best tip is to have options available to you. Try to include your meals into your family meals. Always have a protein and Veg.....then add extras for the rest of them. It's not easy , I know. I basically told people, I can't go out for awhile to restaurants.
Good luck !
Old 11-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #14  

Quote:
It is a challenge to do this plan when you are the main cook for the family, too. If your family eats dinner together, just always plan on a protein you can have, at least one veggie you can have and then add a starch if needed for the rest of the family. For example, you can make tacos (be sure to use your own seasoning, as the mixes generally have sugar), you can have a giant taco salad with IP friendly veggies, and the rest of the family just makes tacos. Or you can make roasted chicken with an IP friendly veggie and mashed potatoes for the kids.

It does take planning, and lists will be your friend, but it works! Good luck!
Old 11-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #15  

Thanks ladies. I just need motivation