Old 09-22-2012, 07:50 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 251.5/196.5/137.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by snolover View Post
I used this recipe:

Cauliflower IP Pizza #1 - 8oz protein + 2 cups Veggies
2 eggs whites
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4430615-post5.html
Pizza Toppings: Italian Seasoned Ground Turkey, Fresh Basil Leaves, Tomato Slices, Bell Peppers, Mushrooms, etc.
Optional: Veggie Cheese, sparingly (talk with your coach first)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
1. Combine cauliflower with garlic in a food processor and pulse until crumbly, being careful not to overmix (you don’t want it to become a paste). You can also use a box grater to shred the cauliflower.
2. Microwave cauliflower ~8-10 minutes, allow to cool slightly and squeeze out excess water.
3. Stir this mixture together with eggs whites and Italian Seasoning.
4. Form into pizza crusts and bake them alone for ~15-20 minutes (or until golden).
5. Meanwhile, prepare any toppings you want: brown meat, sautee veggies, etc.
6. Remove pizza crusts, add Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce, pizza toppings, and optional veggie cheese
7. Bake for another 10 minutes.

*You can use your puree as a pizza sauce!
*TWO pizza options available - either using your 2c veggies (for the crust and toppings combined), or alternatively below you can use an IP packet.
*Cauliflower Crust Inspiration Recipe: http://www.ahappyhippymom.com/2012/0...rb-recipe.html
*1 medium-sized head of cauliflower (~4 cups chopped) yielded me two large pizza crusts.
*The crispy edges of the crust were the best part, next time will try making little mini-pizzas to maximize that part!

So no cheese since we can't on ideal protein. I guess I should have put more egg whites and made only 1 large pizza. It didn't stick very well. And I will also use parchment paper next time. It was very time consuming...
Wow - Lovely recipe. I will try it tonight! Is this considered 2 portions or 4?

Thanks,

vvei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for your input. I will try again when I'm over my frustrating Friday night trying to make pizza. lol Maybe the cauliflower wasn't cooked enough and I will definitely try adding more egg whites.
snolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:26 PM   #18  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Just had this for lunch and I gotta say "Wow!"

I used 1 cup of shredded calui w/ 1 egg white and some garlic - was just for me. Topped it w/ WF tomato/basil sauce, 2 oz. of turkey sausage, yellow peppers, mushrooms, some veggie shreds. That made a 6 - 8" crust.

It was a bit of work, but I am a happy camper!

I wonder if these would freeze well? Would be really handy to have them ready to go.
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #19  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Finally made this last night. I loaded it up with garlic, because I was going to try making it more like breadsticks- It was fantastic!

Smelled like a buttery garlic roll while it was cooking and tasted like one too. I think I will spread it really thin in the pan next time so I can use it as a wrap.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 223/198/160

Height: 5'7

i am currently making this and it has been in the oven for about 20 mins already and it does not seem to be sticking together should i let it keep cooking and hope it bakes together?
kelseys928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #21  
Superhero

S/C/G: 244/230/164

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
I made it last night and I definitely did NOT use cheese and it stuck together fine. My only suggestion would be to make sure you squeeze the excess moisture out of cauliflower.
Looking fabulous in your pics! keep it up. I love seeing pictures like yours, it really motivates me.
SkinnyChiz is offline   Reply With Quote