Old 11-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180.2/139/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Hair loss

Hi all,
I have been on IP 100% for about 12 weeks and love it! I have lost 35 pounds and feel great. About three weeks ago, I started losing a lot of hair. I have thick, long hair with plenty to spare but I am starting to get nervous. The hair loss is not slowing down like my coach said it would and I'm not sure what to do. I take all my supplements plus I doubled up on my fish oil at the suggestion of my coach. I am wondering what you guys have found works to stop this!!! I remember reading about Biotin and I am willing to try that but wondering if it actually works or if this actually does stop on it's own. Help!
Kellimomo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #2  

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellimomo3 View Post
Hi all,
I have been on IP 100% for about 12 weeks and love it! I have lost 35 pounds and feel great. About three weeks ago, I started losing a lot of hair. I have thick, long hair with plenty to spare but I am starting to get nervous. The hair loss is not slowing down like my coach said it would and I'm not sure what to do. I take all my supplements plus I doubled up on my fish oil at the suggestion of my coach. I am wondering what you guys have found works to stop this!!! I remember reading about Biotin and I am willing to try that but wondering if it actually works or if this actually does stop on it's own. Help!
Finally, after 6 months of hair loss, it has stopped. I phased out for a vacation beginning in August and have been maintaining since then to give my body a break. I was panicking about the hair loss but just in the past week or so I have noticed that it is not falling out at the alarming rate that it had been. I am not bald but it is thinner. I think this break of eating mostly between Phase 1 and 2 has helped. I'm now focused again and have been back on track. I was taking biotin and other supplements but have since stopped. i think my body just needed to get used to the new drastic reduced calorie way of eating that I had adopted.

Last edited by tallgirl231; 11-14-2013 at 04:53 PM.
tallgirl231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:02 PM   #3  

Height: 5'2

I have been on IP for 27 days now and I am really freaked out at the possibility of hair loss. My hair is fine and has always fallen out like crazy. I couldn't afford to lose much more. I've already started taking a biotin supplement and started using special shampoo/conditioner for thinning hair. I was planning to be a bit off plan for a week over Christmas and I wonder if that might help to delay or interrupt the possibility of hair loss. What do you all think?
stephascope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:03 AM   #4  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I think my hair started falling out at about the 4 month mark. I also have very thick, long hair and it is only noticeable to me. Thank goodness! I have been taking Biotin for about a month and a half but I don't know if it is really helping. I have phased off and I think in the last week my hair loss may be slowing down, but that may be wishful thinking. I certainly hope it stops soon.
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote