View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
Jacqui_D

S/C/G: 211/168/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Doctors Told to Address Obesity

It's about time! I've always been amazed by how unknowledgeable most doctors are about weight loss. Now they are being told to get serious about it. The only thing is I hope they approach it with common sense. They are being asked to use the BMI scale as a guideline, which is fine, as long as it is used only as a guideline and not as definitive answer for everybody. A muscular person might be told they are overweight when they aren't, based on the BMI scale, unless common sense is used. On the flip side, a person who has extremely little muscle mass might be told they are healthy when they aren't, based on the BMI scale, unless common sense is used. The question I have is, are doctors really going to put that much effort into it? Or are they going to do the bare minimum? If insurance companies are getting involved, you can bet it's going to matter, so I hope they begin to show a real interest, get some real training, and get it right.

http://news.yahoo.com/doctors-told-s...200937050.html

= 10 lbs lost; = 5 lbs lost:
MINI GOALS:
1. 196 lbs = "Overweight" BMI of 29.8 MET GOAL!!
2. 178 lbs = Lowest Weight in 13 years, BMI of 27.1 MET GOAL!!
3. 164 lbs = "Normal Weight" BMI of 24.9
4. 145 lbs = Goal Weight BMI of 22.0
MAINTENANCE GOAL:
Stay between 145 lbs and 155 lbs
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote