View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #80
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 0"

I haven't done so well the last couple days. Did not get my bike ride in either day. Didn't eat so well today.

Tomorrow is a new day.

Feeling kind of blue. Don't know why. Kind of goes in cycles. My sister thinks it has something to do with the full of the moon. Maybe

I think partly, I feel kind of lost sometimes. I lost my job back in August. My husband is trying to work it out so I can retire. I really want that, but guess I am having a hard time adjusting to that. Also, I used to talk to my mom every day ~ 2 or 3 times a day. Usually on my way to work, on my way home from work and right before I went to bed. We joked about that ~ I told her I was calling to get tucked in. But now with my mom in a nursing home, I don't get to talk to her that much. Not always every day, and not for that long of a time. So, maybe after years of talking to her every day ~ I am kind of lonely. Even though she has alzheimers, we were still able to talk and have fun. She has always been a good listener, and she never lost her sense of humor. We joked that she was my therapist.

I get kind of tickled with her ~ she will talk to me for about 10 minutes, then she gets to itching (nosey ) to get back over by the other people to see what is going on. I am glad for her though that she likes to be around the other people and not just sit in her room all alone.

I have friends I can talk to, but the topic eventually turns to my troubles ~ lately with my brother. It just kind of all spills out. So, I hesitate to talk to my friends, I don't want to drive them away by venting about my troubles. They probably get tired of that. Hopefully someday, I will be able to visit with my friends and have a pleasant conversation.

Oh well. Thank you for listening. Writing therapy I guess.
One day at a time ~ never giving up!!

Nobody can force you to have a certain attitude. But life will go so much better if you will simply choose to be positive. When you wake up, choose to be happy. Choose to be grateful for the day. (Joel Osteen)

Last edited by glynne : 11-14-2013 at 10:00 PM.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote