Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 07:05 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Thursday 11/14/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 11-14-2013, 07:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/188/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Disappointed

I have been on the ideal protein diet for 25 weeks now and I gained .2lbs last week. Is this normal? I have no cheated at all in the 25 weeks. Feeling discouraged
Old 11-14-2013, 07:45 AM   #3  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell73 View Post
I have been on the ideal protein diet for 25 weeks now and I gained .2lbs last week. Is this normal? I have no cheated at all in the 25 weeks. Feeling discouraged
Good morning!

Shell - don't be discouraged by a one week weigh in! I've had weeks when I've stayed the same or gained a little. There's so many things that can effect the scale - TOM, water weight from a higher sodium day, being ill, etc., etc.

You've had great losses so far - sometimes your body just needs a little "re-set" time. Have your inches gone down? Remember, the scale is only one measure of how you're doing - the way your clothes fit and how you feel are also important.

Hang in there!
Old 11-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #4  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Just stop and take a look at your status - 265/188!! You have lost nearly 80 lbs - that is FANTASTIC!! Agree with Ruth Ann - don't do this to yourself - get discouraged and let doubt set in - over one week's result. Look at your overall success so far and know and believe that you are on the right track and will achieve your goal. This is a minor blip. Ignore it and keep in mind all you have accomplished and what you will continue to accomplish. You are doing GREAT!!!
Old 11-14-2013, 08:25 AM   #5  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

Default My first morning after starting Ideal Protein

Good Morning:
I started Ideal Protein for a basic reason to lose weight. I have many things causing stress in my life. My sister just had weight loss surgery and my daughter and I both have weight issues and we've been working out at the gym for months but the weight is not coming off.
A dear friend of mine came to town on Tuesday and I shared my issues with weight with her and I brought up that my boss is doing Ideal Protein and he's lost almost 50 pounds in 2 months and I was wondering if this is something I should do? She's lost about 100 pounds and kept it off for about 2 years and she said that's how I did it. I really thought she is someone I hold in high regard and I want to achieve my weight loss goal. I spent the afternoon with her and felt on top of the world. Good old fashioned quality time with a dear friend makes us think so much clearer. When I got to work on Wednesday I decided to call and talk with the clinic that does Ideal Protein and see if I could have the free consultation and I did and while I was there he realised that I'd done lots of research and I could start right away. I left there and was so excited and knew this is something that I can do and it might be hard eating 2 cups of vegetables two times a day. So I made a great stir fry last night something I don't do very often and it was good. I ate my snack it seemed extremely sweet and drank lots of water....
While on Thursday morning I got up and did the routine of getting on the scale and I hit and new number on the scale 237 wow it does work. I know it might just be water weight but it makes you know those two cups of vegetables might not be that bad today.
I have a question I love tomatoes and it says you shouldn't eat them that often so does that mean once a week.
I love the recipes on this site toooo.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:31 AM   #6  
I did it!

S/C/G: 152.8/129/130

Height: 5'3"

I wanted to come back today and reply to some of yesterday's posts.

First, I hope you bought those jeans!! And, YES! Keep the tags on them!! I had to return 8's for 4's and it was within the 60 days return period! You CAN do it!

I'm so sorry for your loss of the co-worker! I hope you feel comfort in the memories you have of him.

Sorry about not quoting. I don't remember how to do that!

Good luck to everyone on your journey!
Old 11-14-2013, 08:37 AM   #7  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by finale View Post
I have a question I love tomatoes and it says you shouldn't eat them that often so does that mean once a week.
Welcome! You will find coaches differ in their advice, so maybe you should ask your coach, but just this week I had the same question and my coach told me I could have tomatoes every day if I want AS LONG AS the TOTAL for the week is no more than 2 cups. For instance, have 1/4 cup of Pico with dinner one night, 1/2 cup of chopped tomatoes in a salad the next, sliced tomatoes equal to 1/2 c with your turkey burger the next, etc. for a total of not more than 2 cups for the week. She herself has lost over 100 lbs on IP and this is what she did. She said this was actually less of a carb load and has less of an effect on ketosis than having 2 cups in one sitting.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:39 AM   #8  
IP Start Date 11.07.13

S/C/G: 185.6/171.2/135

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! I have been researching IP and poring over the threads on 3FC for months now, and finally started IP last Thursday (11/06). Due to my work schedule, and time constraints, I am doing it over the phone with a coach. Today was my first weigh in and I lost 6.6 pounds! I'm happy with that, especially since I've been sick almost this entire first week.

Thank you to all of the 3FC veterans...your infinite wisdom and guidance found on these threads made me feel like my goal is attainable. This site truly is a wealth of knowledge.

I hope to contribute here more frequently, I am worried that because I'm not physically going into a clinic I'm losing a little bit of accountability. I'm very shy, though...even posting on here feels strange for me!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Hang in there Shell73, you have done amaing nd I totally agree with the other posts. There are going to be weeks with no loss or maybe muscle gain. Lean muscle weighs more than fat and it's what you want to gain. Keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finale View Post
Good Morning:
While on Thursday morning I got up and did the routine of getting on the scale and I hit and new number on the scale 237 wow it does work. I know it might just be water weight but it makes you know those two cups of vegetables might not be that bad today.
I love the recipes on this site toooo.
Hi Finale, congratulations on starting your weightloss journey. Tomatoes are an occasional veggie which means you can chose to have any occassional veggie twice a week. Best of luck

Morning all, so my parents joined IP this week which has been fun and supportive. They have already lost most of their weight through other plans but now are ready to drop some more. My sister had a lap band put in a few years ago so we are all on the road to recovery.
Have a great OP day
Old 11-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #10  

Height: 5 '6

Nice to see my scale moving again after a week of TOM! Hope you all have a great day!!!

Last edited by Hiker88; 11-14-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

I had the butterscotch pudding as a waffle today, best pudding as a waffles thus far. Just starting week three and down 12.6 lbs.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Shell I can imagine that's tough to see. I would hate it. I would pout and mope and just probably cry and call my mom. But you did the right thing! I see that this is your first post in the forum. You came to a place that will help you. I know that if I was struggling with my scale, I'd turn to 3FC so congrats on making a step in the right direction! You can read what people are eating daily, compare it to your journal and maybe get some recipe ideas to spice up your daily menu! I know when I did IP the first time, I lost steam. So I can only imagine what week 25 would be like. But dig into this website and seek inspiration! Good luck!
Old 11-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #13  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Hmmm, still don't have an appetite today :-/
But I'm staying OP, I need to go chug my cappuccino.

Have a great day Lovelies!!!!
Old 11-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning IP!

Yesterday I was too busy to shop but I will be buying those size 8s today. I will keep the tags on them. Holly, I hope you are right and I get to exchange them for 6s! I doubt I will exchange them for a 4 since I don't think I ever was a 4!

I bought seven boxes of IP food yesterday-- my coach looked at me like I was a kook, but I just need variety! Mostly drinks and a few restricted items. I feel like I'm getting enough savory food between veggies and protein.

I thought I would share a little NSV today. I bought these pants a month ago because I loved them (and of course they were on sale), but they didn't actually button. I've been trying them on twice a week and today they fit! I am wearing them. (that's 2" lost on my hips folks, which is HUGE. Am very pleased with my first 8 days of IP.)

Hope everyone has a great OP day.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #15  

I am on Day 2 of IP and I am finding my throat and mouth to be itchy. Has anybody else found this from the IP foods
Closed Thread