View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 04:48 AM   #3
zoesmom

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelBl View Post
I was fat when I met my husband, I was fat when he married me, and I'm still fat 7 years into the marriage.

If you're looking for men that will notice you based on your BMI, you're either looking at the wrong kind of men or not looking at other aspects of yourself closely enough.

To suggest that any of us have to reach a certain BMI before we're considered attractive is insulting. I've seen plenty of women on here that are beautiful, period. To suggest otherwise sells us, and yourself, short.
^^^THIS^^^

I too met DH when I was fat, married him when I was fat, and have been with him for 8 years, still fat. Granted, I weigh less now than he has ever seen me weigh, but he loved me unconditionally, despite the weight. Before him, I had the same mind set, I had to be thin to feel love. Now, I just have to be me. Heck of a lot easier, never have to wonder if he'll leave me if I suddenly gain 70 pounds.

Stage 1: Mini Goal 1: 265 pounds - complete 1/12/13; Mini Goal 2: 250 pounds - complete 4/17/13; Mini Goal 3: 225 pounds - completed 10/21/13
Stage 2: Moderate Obesity BMI - completed 11/26/13; ONDERLAND; Overweight BMI
Stage 3: work in progress

One for every 10 pounds lost:
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote