Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 06:46 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Monday 11/11/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 11-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #2  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good morning! Going to spend some time today organizing my IP cupboard - been kind of lax in that department and need to inventory what I have so I can pick up two weeks worth of food this week (coach going on vacation for Thanksgiving week).

Hope everyone has a great Veterans Day and a special thank you to all our vets and their families for their service to our country.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:27 AM   #3  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Woosh!

WI 3 today, I'm feeling more self confidence. Yay!
Old 11-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Happy Monday All!!!! Sending out [COLOR="Purple"]IP POWER[COLOR="Purple"]

Chilly morning here 26 degrees......brrr getting the wood stove going. Loving this 3 day weekend..... needing this extra day.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233/signature/150

Goodmorning everyone. I have a confession to make after 43 days of 100% on plan I fell off yesterday while visiting The Apple Barn. Apple cobbler with fresh apples I only get to go on vacation to the mountain once a year so I justified it alittle. Today I'm back on plan and packing a good salad with grilled chicken left over from Apple Barn to take with us to the National Park. Sounds like fun and since it's 28 degrees this morning I better pack some coffee. Have a great day.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #6  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Ugh woke up this morning after a full nights sleep and still feel rotten. Pretty sure I've got the bug. Heading to the pharmacy for sugar free cough drops to help w the scratchy throat and all.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Surprise - we are human!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misstiff View Post
Goodmorning everyone. I have a confession to make after 43 days of 100% on plan I fell off yesterday while visiting The Apple Barn. Apple cobbler with fresh apples I only get to go on vacation to the mountain once a year so I justified it alittle. Today I'm back on plan and packing a good salad with grilled chicken left over from Apple Barn to take with us to the National Park. Sounds like fun and since it's 28 degrees this morning I better pack some coffee. Have a great day.
What is important her, it seems to me, is NOT that you went OP, but rather that you have a plan in motion to get back where you want to be.

We did not get to where we are without sometimes eating things that we think we should not, but the trick is not knowing or being able to stop.

Something like your trip was a decision you made based on the value of the experience of being on a vacation in the mountains. You thought it out, made a judgment, and are taking action to get back. Good for you!
Old 11-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #8  
Keeping it off

Height: 5" 2'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Ugh woke up this morning after a full nights sleep and still feel rotten. Pretty sure I've got the bug. Heading to the pharmacy for sugar free cough drops to help w the scratchy throat and all.
sorry you feel rotten. It is definitely going around our house, too. Kids and hubby down for the count. I'm keeping my distance!

Be well!
Old 11-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #9  
Keeping it off

Height: 5" 2'

Newbie question: Just started (TOM) for the first time since starting IP. In general how do peoples body respond. Mine seems confused. I had a few really good days leading up to it (3lbs, 3 days) but now scale hasn't budged in 3 days. Just wondering what to make of it.

Thanks!
Old 11-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 275/239/175

Height: 5'2"

Good morning! I am feeling better every day and everyone around me is noticing the difference. So happy I was finally able to find a plan that has helped me do much in such a short period of time.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 252/227.6/170

Height: 5'9"

Good morning fellow IPers. Have a confession to make...we went to 2 parties yesterday (I know...busy day!). Made it through the first one without having anything to eat or drink (other than water). It was an open house type thing, so it was easy to steer clear of everything. However, the second party was a Dawali Party (Indian Festival of Lights). There were only 5 couples and it was a sit down celebration dinner. I did NOT have a single drop of anything to drink but water (the host was shocked to say the least) BUT I did end up eating a bit of food. There was absolutely nothing OP. I stayed away from all the appetizers and only had about 2 TB of each dish (there were 5 dishes I tried). I spread the food around my plate so it looked like I was eating more. I didn't want to offend our hosts as they worked hard and we were helping them celebrate an important time in their culture. While I felt a bit guilty for going off plan, I also was very proud of myself. I think I am learning something while on this protocol. I CAN control how I react to different eating situations. I was able to participate in the dinner with everyone, but was still able to control my calorie intake. AND, even better, I was able to not succumb to the pressure of having a drink. It just wasn't worth it to me. I felt I needed to choose one or the other and the calories from the food were more important than the calories in the wine.

So while yesterday wasn't a total success, in a way, it was. I am learning to take charge of those things and I CAN control and to not worry about those things I can't. There is no point in beating myself up for the tiniest of slips...instead, I need to focus on the success that truly was yesterday!
Old 11-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Yikes. Just realized that I will be out of IP packets before my next WI. What do you suggest as a substitute?
Old 11-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Can you swing by your clinic to pick up more? That is what I do since I weigh in every two weeks.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:38 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

I can't. Unfortunately the reason my WI is Wednesday is b/c they aren't in the office on Tuesday (and closed today for the holiday).
Old 11-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #15  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Woohoo! Weigh in Monday.....And the result is..... -6.8lbs! So excited right now

Last edited by claustin; 11-11-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Closed Thread