View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #85
diyana
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Super quick post as I got into work late due to my doctor appointment. I talked to my doc about my diabetes. She is very pleased that it is so well-controlled with my medications, and no signs of any kidney or liver problems! I asked her about coming off my meds if I got my A1C down to 5.7. She said what the A1C tells her is how well its controlled with the fairly high doses of meds that I'm on. She said that if I can lose roughly 40 lbs (get down to 290), I might be able to come off of one or both of my diabetes meds. She is sending me for physical therapy to help my back and recommending against back surgery for now because I'm not in pain all the time. She said that my thyroid is underactive, so she's putting me on a thyroid med, which should help with my overall energy level and with my metabolism. Tonight after work and after the gym, I'll pick the medicine up at the pharmacy. She'd like to see me exercise at least 45 minutes a day 5 days a week, which will help my blood sugar and metabolism. I'll have to set (and keep) exercise "appointments". One of the grocery stores near my step-mom's place has a post office inside, and it's open 'till 7. I was going to mail the USB flash drive to Jen today, but being Veteran's Day, the post office isn't open. So I'll go tomorrow.

Tomorrow, my step-mom is having outpatient surgery. Her significant other and my step-brother will be around in the afternoon. I signed up for a Reversing Diabetes seminar in the evening, but I'll make sure that they'll be able to be around for her in the evening.

On Thursday, I meet with the nutritionist and have my mammogram.

================
Annie - Ouch on your toe! I think you do need to wear steel toed shoes/boots, or wrap it in bubble wrap. I forgot to reply to your question...I'd be happy to put the photos on a flash drive for you. do you want the ones without captions or with captions? Reason I'm asking is because I made the captions in as large a font as possible so Mellie could read them easily, but the pictures would be prettier without the captions.

Happy - When do you leave bear country and head down to Da Bears country? I didn't even see if the Bears won yesterday. I skipped going to the Packer bar yesterday so that I could spend a little time with D, and also go to the library book sale. I hope you get all your errands run. Yes, there have been changes to the travel regulations...but they aren't that bad once you know them. Wear slip on shoes if possible. Minimize the metal you're wearing. If you bring a laptop with you, take it out of the case. And minimize the bottles of shampoo and stuff (not sure if that applies to checked luggage or just carryon). Also, don't bring your knitting needles in your carryon. And mostly ALLOW MORE TIME. Are you flying into O'Hare or Midway?

Laura - The best part of my gym is that there are 4 fairly close to where my step-mom lives, so I can choose between them. One has water aerobics. Two of the others have more recumbent bikes. I like that it's not really a meat market...not that I've seen anyway. Yes, of course, you have your "beautiful people". But they don't give us heavier folks dirty looks like I've experienced at other gyms. I need to get into strength training. My step-mom asked me to think about what I want for Christmas...so I might ask for a step-bench and some hand weights or resistance tubes.

Ceejay - I'm glad you're sinuses are clearing up. And so nice that your friend is healing nicely.

Shad - Hope you're having a good week.

Love and hugs to all,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 5 days per week 45 minutes per day
2) Stick to a 1,200 calorie a day diet
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery: 224
4) Make the most of each moment

Last edited by diyana : 11-11-2013 at 04:45 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote