General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2001, 04:18 PM   #1  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs down

Eat Right 4 Your Type/Live Right 4 Your Type

The Individualized Solution to staying healthy, living longer and achieving your ideal weight.

If you’ve ever suspected that not everyone should eat the same thing or do the same exercise, you’re right. In fact, what foods we absorb well and how our bodies handle stress differ with each blood type.

Your blood type reflects your internal chemistry. It is the key that unlocks the mysteries of disease, longevity, fitness and emotional strength. It determines your susceptibility to illness, the foods you should eat, and ways to avoid the most troubling health problems.

With Eat Right 4 Your Type or Live Right 4 Your Type, you’ll learn:
  • Which foods, spices, teas and condiments help someone of your blood type maintain optimal health and ideal weight;
  • Which vitamins and supplements to emphasize or avoid;
  • Which medications function best in your system;
  • Whether your stress goes to your muscles or your nervous system;
  • What types of exercise benefit you most;
  • How knowing your blood type can help you avoid many common viruses and infections;
  • How knowing your blood type can help you fight back against life-threatening diseases;
  • How to slow down the aging process by avoiding factors specific to your blood type that cause rapid cell deterioration.

The official website is http://www.dadamo.com
The books may be purchased retail at any bookseller. You might also check http://www.half.com for books at reduced prices. There is also a cookbook called “Cook Right 4 Your Type.”

Please make yourself at home here. Post frequently, and please include your blood type (if known. If not, we can tell you where to get it )
Old 04-27-2001, 04:22 PM   #2  
Viva la vida loca!

Hi all!

Hope everyone's day is going great!

My grandma has been hospitalized with a slight stroke and I plan on spending time with her this weekend. This is her second one in three years; otherwise she's doing pretty well for 99.

My program is working well. I miss red meat and fried stuff; otherwise I'm doing okay.

We are going house looking late this afternoon -- not one my favorite things, but I'll endure it

I look forward to hearing from you all soon. Have a wonderful weekend. Our weather is beautiful and I hope to get a bit of yard work done between visits to grandma.
Old 04-27-2001, 07:01 PM   #3  

Angry

That is cute at the end "little bone, lotta fat" This week it has been for me "lot of **** and no weight lost". The doctor gave me an antiinflammatory for my heel. It was great for the pain but it played heck with my stomach and colon. I would take my pill at noon and by 8:30 p.m. I was cramping and living in the bathroom and GAINED two pounds. They changed my prescription today. 10 pills almost $30.00. It was a time-released pill and I am nervous about them. They also prescribed a soft arch support for my shoes. The right heel has something ripping and it is trying to heal but I am walking and on my feet toooo much. But I am a Type A personality how do I stay off my feet?

Well, I have 4 days of school and 1 day of final testing and I will be through my Intermediate Algebra class. I am at the stage of I am about finished and whatever I get is what I will get. I am getting a low C but don't know how. The curve is really curved, I guess.

Need to get off and get my hubby's dinner started.
Old 04-30-2001, 08:08 AM   #4  
Viva la vida loca!

Hey!

Monday! Monday!

Jmtank, don't worry about your gain. Happens every so often, and you've had some topsy-turvy times lately.

Medication will help you gain easily! Happened to me more than once! One day fine; the next day blimp!

Sorry your feet are bothering you, too. Supposedly the food plan helps with feet problems, but it takes a couple of months. Meanwhile, those spurs sure can hurt! The cost of the medication hurts too...YEOW!

Am so happy for you that this is your last week for the Algebra course. I squeaked through it when I took it and boy, was I grateful just to SURVIVE the course. Felt totally lost 90% of the time. Barely made it through by memorizing most everything I needed to remember. My other math classes were easy compared to that one. My hat is off to you

Hope your day goes well.

Okay, Threads, are you a grandma yet? Has the foal arrived? Do let us hear from you when you have time.

Have a great day, all!
Old 05-01-2001, 01:12 PM   #5  

Default blood type?

I would like to know more about this way of eating, but I have no idea what my blood type is. I would like more info.
Thanks,
Ramona
Old 05-01-2001, 05:56 PM   #6  

Bootwoman - The perfect person to help you will be Waterbaby. She is the head of the pack. She is a lot more knowledgable then the rest of us.

I have been reading "4 Blood Types, 4 Diets Eat Right, for (4) Your Type, the Individualized Diet Solutioin to Staying Healthy, Living Longer & Achieving Your Ideal Weight" by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo. Long title. I copied all that was on the front cover. I also another book with the same title down to the The Individualized but the other book has The Practical Kitchen Companion to Eat Right 4 Your Type. This one is a cook-book.

I use a yellow highlighter as I eat the books so when I go back through to really sink into my brain the important stuff that pertains to me jumps out at me.

Welcome aboard. You could also jump over to the thread Support we was over there for awhile. And there would be some information over there. But Waterbaby is a great support.
Old 05-02-2001, 08:17 AM   #7  
Viva la vida loca!

Happy Wednesday!

jmtank, thank you for that introduction Gracious!

Good luck on your exam; I know you'll do really, really well. How is your foot feeling?

Ramona, you can find out your blood type in several ways. If you have children, the hospital keeps records of your blood type (in case a transfusion is needed). If you've ever given blood through the Red Cross, they have it, too and it's also on the blood donor card they give you.

You can order a blood type test kit from the D'Adamo website http://www.dadamo.com or purchase one at any Wild Oats Market for under $10. All it takes is a gentle poke in the finger and a drop of your blood.

A sneaky way of ruling out some blood types is this: think of the last time you had a steak. Did you feel energized after you ate it or sleepy? How long did it stay in your system? A Type O will feel energized and process the steak within 3-4 hours. A type A will feel less energy and take 12-14 hours to process the same steak. You're better off getting your blood typed, just to make sure.

I'm a type A, which means that red meat doesn't work well in my system. I plan on having it maybe once every other month or so for a real treat.

Type O uses red meat for their fuel . Type A stores their red meat as fat . Neither do well with dairy products, but type B does well on dairy and is fairly omnivorous (can eat a wide variety of foods).

Dr. D'Adamo's books are available at libraries; you can also purchase them through booksellers, or, if you like, you can find them at good discount prices at http://www.half.com

Hope this helps. We're glad you posted and hope you return

Threads, are you out there, friend? We miss you!
Old 05-02-2001, 08:40 AM   #8  

Yes, THREAD, we are calling you. Are you a grandparent yet? Waiting for a foal is just about as bad as waiting a human baby. I can remember when my dad raised thourghbred horses. We ended up raising one by hand because the mare was so old. She was blood-related to Man-O-War.

My final exam is next Wednesday.
Old 05-02-2001, 08:47 AM   #9  
Viva la vida loca!

Hey!

jmtank, I had your exam on my calendar in Outlook for today. I've moved it to next Wednesday, so you get another mini pep rally then

I worked with horses to pay my way through part of my college. I knew them all by their tails from shoveling - well, you know -

Man O' War was a great champion. The brood mares I worked with were Hanover bloodline. Those ugly, rawboned mares foaled some of the most gorgeous offspring!

I had grits for breakfast. Part of my little experiment to see if slow-burning carbs make me sleepy or energized.

talk to you later!!
Old 05-02-2001, 05:23 PM   #10  

When I was in high school I spent my summers with my dad in Denver at the Centennial Race Track working with the tail end of horses. I earned a horse by the name of Red Lady. She was a Morgan and was bull-headed. Once in a while we would fix up oatkam(misspelled) as a hot mash. We had two black poddles and one started eating Red Lady's mash. She bit the poddle by the back and started shaking her. That dog never got near a horse again. Would you believe that Red Lady was a barrel racer and they had to use skid bootes on her because when she stopped she was sitting on her butt. My freshman year of college Dad sold her and the next time I saw her she was just bones.

Let me know about the grits. I LOVE GRITS. but with things that I probably should not eat. Butter, salt, and pepper and bacon broken up into it. If I am correct I am not suppose to have curred meat.

Got my score back from the last test. It is so curved that I orginally had a 26 and with the curve it became a 48. That was chapter 5. Then Chapter 4 I got a 86. So things I get and somethings I DO NOT GET. The in-classroom joke is "You can FOIL there." I understand foiling VERY WELL. I am copying all my test and blocking all the work and going to take all the test again.

My tutorer and instructor and husband tell that I am too hard on myself. But if the instructor was not curving the grade I would have a low, low D or a F.

Need to go and get dinner started.
Old 05-02-2001, 07:39 PM   #11  

I am back!!!! The filly arrived on Monday morning. She is a real doll. She has a good mommy. The people we work for has her insured already. (big time) I guess you have to do that if you are in the horse business. I got to pet her,,,her coat is like velvet.

Now for confession time..........I have been blowing it big time. And I feel (phyiscally) ill. Why do I do it to myself? I know that ER4YT is the way to go, I know I feel better, but it is like I don't deserve to look and feel good. Lots of head stuff going on.

We had a sad thing happen, I can't remember if I told you. A mother(38 yrs.) and daughter(16 years) got carbon deoxide(spellin is bad) and died in their sleep. The family is well liked. The memorial service was held at the fair grounds. Someone stopped counting at 1,100 people. The rodeo clubs (high school) from two communities rode their horses out in the arena,,,,then the husband and son came leading the mother and daughters horses out. It was heart breaking. My family has been friends with theirs as long as I can remember. I know that God's wisdom is better than ours, but the human side wonders "Why?"

With that sad note I will close as I have tears in my eyes.
Hugs, Nonie
Old 05-02-2001, 09:38 PM   #12  

I am sorry about the mother and daughter. The one thing you need to remember is that they did not suffer. Carbon monoxide has no smell so they had no idea. I had a carbon monoxide accident in 1966 and my first husband died from it. We had been married only 6 weeks. The doctor told me that the reason I did not die also was that men use their lungs deeped then women. Also, as I look back, he had broken his leg in a hunting accident and so his resistance was low. I had a foggy brain for quite a while. I still can not say some words correctly that I could before.

Am glad about the filly.

I am sure the death of your friends have been hard on your new life style of eating. It is just like riding a new horse and you get bucked off. Just pick up yourself and dirt yourself off and start again.
Old 05-02-2001, 10:49 PM   #13  

Thanks jmtank. Sorry about your husband. That would be a tough one. I didn't know the mother and daughter well, but I know her husband. I am going to wait a couple of weeks and then write him a letter. From what I have observered that will probably be when he will need a friend. There are a lot of people around him now. He will need someone to talk to later.

I am going to do better this week on my eating. We are going away again for the weekend but I can still watch out. We will be stopping at Sam's Club on the way and I will get some low carb bars. Carbohydrates are a real downer for me. Pineapple is suppose to be a good fruit for me, but it sends me to the bathroom. It goes right on through.

Well, it is time to shut this machine off for the night. NLB
Old 05-03-2001, 08:33 AM   #14  
Viva la vida loca!

Hi all!

My gawd, what a time you two have had!

Threads, glad you're back and congrats on the new filly! I am so sorry about your friends and you're right in that the widower will need friends on an ongoing basis. Grief (as we all know) doesn't stop when the funeral is over.

As for "blowing it", well, I think of it more as "getting the bugs out." After all, this is pretty radical stuff. I'm a former meat-and-potatoes girl myself, so the transition to a near-vegetarian lifestyle was really hard for awhile. I still forget now and again, especially when a pork chop goes by

Make little changes along and you'll soon be on program. Are you sure you're type A? If carbs wear you down and pineapple sends you to the bathroom, you may need to reconsider. Too, if you've been doing Atkins in the last six months and your blood type is A, your body has to readjust itself to its normal metabolism and system of processing your food. My body has to work extra hard to process any kind of meat or "avoid" on my "A" list, so I feel really tired after I enjoy a meal with avoids in it.

jmtank, how do carbs and pineapple affect you? I am also so sorry about your first husband's death, especially after so short a marriage. And you seem to be doing the right thing with your algebra course. Too, it will be over soon!

I'm doing pretty well. I started adding a very small potato as a bedtime snack and am sleeping loads better. I know potatoes are an avoid for me; however, my "spuddy buddy" before bed keeps the serotonin levels in my brain even, so I sleep loads better. I learned that little trick from Kathleen DesMaisons' website http://www.radiantrecovery.com She treats nutitional addiction and has some great ideas. The ideas I've incorporated into my diet have certainly worked.

About grits: neutral for A's, avoid for O's. If you're an O, corn, wheat and lima beans make you fat. If you're an A, red meat, shellfish and lima beans make you fat.

Yesterday, the grits kept my energy levels nice and even for almost three hours. then I was truly hungry again, so I ate an enormous salad with black beans. For a snack about 3 pm, it was a couple of rice cakes with the thinnest coating of peanut butter and a little honey.

Have a great day, both of you. I'm so glad you're here!
Old 05-03-2001, 09:02 AM   #15  

Good morning! I am a "0" (negative, but that doesn't count, does it) That is why carbs are bad, although I hadn't made the connection till ER4YT. I lost 12 pounds on the Adkins diet a few years ago, but gained it back when I went back to 'normal " eating. I have a hard time staying off of milk, but that is my goal for the week. I do like soy milk.

For some reason my back(between my shoulder blades) is killing me(as the saying goes). I took a couple of pain pills and am going to lay down. Probably the way I slept. Have a great day!! nlb
Closed Thread