View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #17
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Simply Saturday

GOOD NOVEMBER AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

This day in the ♥-Land it is currently 57s with 47% humidity with a 16-20 MPH wind blowing. I feel pretty much back to exact from that quick trip there and back to & from CA.

I was looking through the handouts I have gotten from WW and there is a recipe I am going to try this day. It is called “Mini Zucchini Quiche” and are made in those little cupcake pans and you put only 1T of the mix into each cup in the tray. They are only 1P+ each also and they say they freeze beautifully. The recipe makes 48 muffins and it looks like I can half it easily and make 24 since there are just the two of us. Here is some egg-cellent advice: Test an egg’s freshness by placing it in a bowl of water – if it lies flat, it’s fresh. Older eggs tend to stand on end, and really old eggs will float.

Later this day we need to go to our motor-home storage and put some anti-freeze in it so the water lines are safe. There are some of the items we have ordered to go in it that can be put in it also. Other items we can keep here in the house until we take a trip next spring. I want to wash some towels in my little washer and see how dry the dryer gets them and how long it takes. It will be interesting to find out how well they work before we do take a trip and need to use them.

We are rearranging the pictures in our front room to accommodate that cattle painting we brought back with us. Makes sense to balance out what we have.

Back again after awhile. We ran our errands before I finished this then I got busy making those mini muffins. They turned out yummy but I used papers in the cups and the muffins stuck tight to the papers. Next time I make them I will not use papers and will spray the pan for there will be a next time for Will likes them also. They will be great for a brunch or with some soup.

JEAN for the clarification about your gift shopping. Somehow I got the impression you were through. I haven't even given it a start but have some thinking of what to get the folks I am getting gifts for. Have a good time at the Sons of the Pioneers. They are a great group and I have always enjoyed their music. They must be getting up in the years if it is the same men that I remember.

Have a great afternoon my Magnolia friends.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Last edited by Maggie : 11-09-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote