Old 10-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #1  
Battling Binge Eating

S/C/G: 228/179/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

Default Back To What Works

I had lost a great deal of weight years ago on Atkins. From 242 to 150. I have kept most of it off but gained 20-25 pounds back.

I've tried too get back on the wagon and kick the carb addiction to the curb, too many times to count. I have not been able to do so. I am hoping this time I will get back to where I was years ago and be free of this carb addiction and binge eating.

I had tried following the 17 day diet but the amount of fruit, yogurt etc, were to difficult for me to control. I need to break the carb craving, atkins works if I follow it. I'm the one that has failed, not it.
mainecyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:22 PM   #2  
Just One Day!

S/C/G: 270/ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Best of luck to you! I started Saturday, and the first two days were the hardest! I decided not to have any artificial sweetners because they were making my cravings worse and I really want to break the addiction! You can do it, just remember you are worth the effort!
tavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:49 AM   #3  

Weight loss is about choices. We choose to do what supports our goal or we choose food over losing weight and being healthy. The choice is up to you. I plan all my meals at least 1 day in advance and then I follow my plan. It keeps me from thinking about what I'll eat next all day long.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #4  
Battling Binge Eating

It is working, for sure. I am done 4 lbs. I am feeling more in control of what I am eating and it is getting easier to not turn to food or binge eat on sugar and flour. I am feeling stronger.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

Good job! That diminished hunger is the thing that makes me know low carb is the right lifestyle for me! I love not having the all-day internal battles.
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #6  
Battling Binge Eating

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahinparis View Post
Good job! That diminished hunger is the thing that makes me know low carb is the right lifestyle for me! I love not having the all-day internal battles.

I have noticed that, the hunger. I tell myself I am not hungry or less hungry because Atkins is working. I have also learned that I shouldn't let my hunger get away from me, eat a snack.

I have noticed I am eating less, but I am also COLD, FREEZING. I have done Atkins once before and I swear Ketosis was gonna freeze me out. My hands and feet become so unbearably cold. Its the only time it happens, so I tell myself I may be cold on the outside but inside I am a hot fat burning machine. I am on day 8, an accomplishment for me after attempting at least a dozen times to do Induction again. I am not thinking about food constantly like I did before, obsessing on it.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Height: 5'9"

Question for those of you having done Atkins before - I read you should stay on induction for two weeks and you can lose up to 15 pounds. If you do not lose 15 pounds in the first two weeks, you should stay on induction until you have.
Is this the latest plan? I am guessing it should only take 3-5 weeks to lose the 15 pounds, but want to make sure I am following the protocol.
kcandponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #8  
Battling Binge Eating

The book says 2 weeks, but that you also can stay on it longer. However, the first time I stayed on induction the entire time because I didn't want to slow down weight loss. I was so wrapped up in losing the weight I didn't learn the rest of the plan and have struggled over the years to learn how to move up the carb ladder and thru phase 2 and 3. Its best to go thru all the phases.

Also, this second time around, after many failed starts on induction again, the weight DOESN'T come off as fast. You can remain on induction, eventually you add berries, nuts, and up carbs. But, make sure you eventually move thru the steps. I haven't read any of the new books. I still have the original Atkins 72 version and the newer ones (plans) have less restrictions and updated info. You could also check the Atkins website.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
I plan all my meals at least 1 day in advance and then I follow my plan.
This is the most simple advice, but so often overlooked. It works like a charm!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #10  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

I have to agree. Success for me comes from pre planning and keeping things interesting. I also try to keep it simple with whole foods.
calee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #11  
Battling Binge Eating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
This is the most simple advice, but so often overlooked. It works like a charm!
I have been following this the past 12 days and it is working. I don't let myself think about any food outside of the box. All meals during the day are planned out for the day, snacks are available although I really don't find myself using them. I have noticed that I've gotten to where my meals are all I need and I'm not craving anything else.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainecyn View Post
I have been following this the past 12 days and it is working. I don't let myself think about any food outside of the box. All meals during the day are planned out for the day, snacks are available although I really don't find myself using them. I have noticed that I've gotten to where my meals are all I need and I'm not craving anything else.
Awesome! As soon as I started planning ahead, I've never veered, I've saved money and time, and I've alleviated stress.

Congrats!!!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:35 AM   #13  

I don't plan exactly what we will eat but I do have a plan and I know pretty much what we'll have. I may switch salads or prepare a different veggie dish depending on my mood but I do know within 2 or 3 choices where we are going.

For those asking about a book..........please buy a book written BEFORE Dr. Atkins died. After his death the company was sold, name and all, so the new folks, under the Atkins name have made very unacceptable changes to the recommendations in the program. Any "New Diet Revolution" published up to and including 2002 are written by Dr. Atkins himself so can be followed with confidence.
Timlin is offline   Reply With Quote