Old 11-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Default MRC November 2013

Thought I would start this month's thread off.

Hope everyone has a successful month!
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #2  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

My kids came home from the Harvest Carnival with 3 pounds of candy - all of it the good chocolate fun sized bars and stuff too! Since I'm no longer on plan, I picked out one fun sized 3 musketeers and made sure to log it. Yummy, but no more for me. Candy is now in my husband's closet. Feels so good to be in control!

100% in control during the month of October. November here I come!

Chocolate PB2 oatmeal for breakfast with a serving of fruit. Now on to my exercise bike before the kiddos wake up and wonder where all their candy went!
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #3  
Beware the Harpie

S/C/G: 225.4/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

I went in to my center last night and I'm down another pound. My total inches lost so far is 23.75 in two months, or as my coworker said, "you've lost nearly two feet." That's a great way to put it into context.

I also got complemented by two coworkers (one male, even) on how much weight I've lost and my counselor at the center uttered disbelief when she asked my age and I had to admit I was 40.

So while I wish I was down 25 instead of 21 lbs, I'm glad that the results are showing in other ways as well as on the scale.
CelticHarpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticHarpie View Post
I went in to my center last night and I'm down another pound. My total inches lost so far is 23.75 in two months, or as my coworker said, "you've lost nearly two feet." That's a great way to put it into context.

I also got complemented by two coworkers (one male, even) on how much weight I've lost and my counselor at the center uttered disbelief when she asked my age and I had to admit I was 40.

So while I wish I was down 25 instead of 21 lbs, I'm glad that the results are showing in other ways as well as on the scale.
Congratulations to you.. You are doing real well.. I always felt fantastic when my inches were coming off, also.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #5  

Going 4 Fit...

Good for you.. You have a great attitude and will do well.

I have a challenge tomorrow..Having friends over for pizza . Well, that is a trigger food for me, so I will not eat that, which is no problem.. I will make a huge Greek salad to go with pizza, and I will eat the salad with a glass of wine.

Here is the challenge.. All the snacks and dips that I serve with drinks before the pizzas.. I know I won't have any, but it is a challenge.. If there are any snacks left over, I will pack up and give to someone to take home, and I know that will not be a problem, someone always will take . I don't tempt myself by keeping that food in the house. I am weak, and why tempt myself, so better to give away.

Also, gave the rest of candy away that was left from Halloween. One of my biggest triggers is chocolate, and I can't eat one piece, I would have to eat the whole bowl or bag, so I don't tempt myself at home..

Wishing y'all a great November with great losses.

Patzi
Old 11-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #6  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Wtg patzi....knowing your triggers and sticking to them! Wish I could, doing better this time though.

Yay on the losses celtic!!

Wel ive had to go back to the pre conditioning menu, the 200 grams of protein they had me on a day is and was not doing well with me; ive been having bathroom issues for 2 days and am always hungry.
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #7  
5 kids and fat

S/C/G: 208/182/154

Height: 5'7

I helped my daughter make a Halloween cake for the family. She did an awesome job. I am very proud to say that I did not have any of the cake last night. I was gone all day, when I came home the cake was GONE!! I do not know how my teenage son can eat more than 1/2 a cake in one day!! He won't even gain a pound. I would have gained 10 and died of a sugar overdose!! Hope everyone has a good weekend.
aschooley29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:41 PM   #8  
5 kids and fat

What do you ladies think about this:

http://www.krdo.com/news/health/stud...z/-/index.html
Old 11-02-2013, 12:44 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschooley29 View Post
What do you ladies think about this:

http://www.krdo.com/news/health/stud...z/-/index.html
One of the comments mentions that likely it doesn't mean of the size in the photo.

I think if comparing two people of the same weight, carrying the weight in ones butt is better than belly weight. But, am I healthier at 129(ish) compared to 204(+ as I was higher than this a few months before starting MRC)? Definitely YES!
Old 11-02-2013, 12:55 AM   #10  

Picked out a new coat today! None of the coats I own fit anymore. Now, honestly, it seems silly to buy a coat when it was 82 here today. But I've been looking for a couple of weeks, and hadn't found anything I liked. And, I don't need a coat very often here, but there are some days when I need one, plus we are going to Colorado for Thanksgiving, and I definitely will need it there. Anyway, it's a cute Calvin Klein black coat with faux leather trim and off-center zip. I love it!

I sent a photo to my husband to see what he thought. He was meeting with his business partner, whom I haven't seen since before I started MRC (we just don't see each other often). Anyway, when he told her what I was doing, she wanted to see, and completely didn't recognize me! The other cool thing is that even he says he's surprised when he sees photos or even sees me because of the change...

As to my old coats/jackets, some jackets fit my husband, and are unisex. My old dress coat should fit my mom, if she wants it. If not, any extra are going to a drive our local chamber has each year to collect coats for the homeless.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:00 AM   #11  

Quote:
I helped my daughter make a Halloween cake for the family. She did an awesome job. I am very proud to say that I did not have any of the cake last night. I was gone all day, when I came home the cake was GONE!! I do not know how my teenage son can eat more than 1/2 a cake in one day!! He won't even gain a pound. I would have gained 10 and died of a sugar overdose!! Hope everyone has a good weekend.
GOOD JOB on avoiding the cake! Teenage boys are like that.

Have a good weekend yourself! We are going to go on a short trip this weekend, going to a trade show for my husband, and staying at a B&B. They are having a wild game dinner in town as well, so we are going to that. Should be interesting. Expect lots of meat, hoping for some veggies or salad...
Old 11-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #12  

Quote:
Great job staying on program.. Pat yourself on the back.. Teenagers have something I think I lost a long time ago.. LOL...

Wishing you all a great weeekend and great weigh ins.

Patzi
Old 11-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #13  
5 kids and fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleneV View Post
GOOD JOB on avoiding the cake! Teenage boys are like that.

Have a good weekend yourself! We are going to go on a short trip this weekend, going to a trade show for my husband, and staying at a B&B. They are having a wild game dinner in town as well, so we are going to that. Should be interesting. Expect lots of meat, hoping for some veggies or salad...
Have fun this weekend. You deserve it, you have done wonderful. Enjoy your new coat (well when the weather gets cold). I can't wait to buy new clothes once I am my new size!!
Old 11-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 5"

So excited! Dropped another jean size today. Back down to an 8.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:50 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
So excited! Dropped another jean size today. Back down to an 8.
Fantastic Jen.. You are doing so well.. Happy for you.

Patzi