Old 11-01-2013, 12:22 AM   #1  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

Default Restarting Monday 11/04/13... Anyone?

I'm having a hard time restarting, second time is harder I heard and now I'm experiencing on my own skin! So frustrated with my own self ... Anyone would like to restart and get this done for good?
foreveryoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:05 AM   #2  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveryoung View Post
I'm having a hard time restarting, second time is harder I heard and now I'm experiencing on my own skin! So frustrated with my own self ... Anyone would like to restart and get this done for good?
I hear you, I will be happy to restart with you on Monday.. although I plan to do my best this weekend, but I am moving this weekend and next so it will be a little crazy .. but I am going to stock up and try and have lots of IP friendly foods.. looking forward to a good weigh in next Thurs.
Clarington45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #3  
Fresh start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarington45 View Post
I hear you, I will be happy to restart with you on Monday.. although I plan to do my best this weekend, but I am moving this weekend and next so it will be a little crazy .. but I am going to stock up and try and have lots of IP friendly foods.. looking forward to a good weigh in next Thurs.
Hi Clarington!
I was planning to start today but have an event to attend tonight, I will try to stay as close to IP friendly stuff, going to get rid off no friendly foods I have around the house also.... I want to see good numbers my next WI.
Looking forward to restart and not to stop till I reach goal
I know we can do this!
Old 11-01-2013, 08:59 AM   #4  
Just doin' it!

S/C/G: 176/153/135

Height: 5'3"

Restarting is better than not starting at all! Let go of frustration and gain that excitement of doing something wonderful for yourselves!! YOU ARE WORTH IT!!
airportchick11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #5  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good luck with your re-start!! Took me 3 years and several failed attempts to get back on the wagon. Then finally one day I said ENOUGH! and started right then and there! No time to wait and try to convince myself otherwise.

I found it really helped to have a lot of veggies already cut up on hand. That way there was no excuse. It was just a matter of opening the fridge and grabbing what I needed.
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good luck with your re-start!! Took me 3 years and several failed attempts to get back on the wagon. Then finally one day I said ENOUGH! and started right then and there! No time to wait and try to convince myself otherwise.

I found it really helped to have a lot of veggies already cut up on hand. That way there was no excuse. It was just a matter of opening the fridge and grabbing what I needed.
agree with everything you said! After Labor Day weekend, I thought about Ideal Protein, got in my car and drove to my clinic.

Every time I go to the grocery store, I come home and chop all my veggies and put them in measured zip locks. It helps so much! I also meausre my meat and hard boil a bunch of eggs...that way if i'm too exhausted to cook anything, I can eat the eggs! Good luck and have a safe weekend moving.
ems70508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

I'm in!! I need some teamwork/support and really do want to get back on the wagon.
ktgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:50 AM   #8  
Fresh start

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportchick11 View Post
Restarting is better than not starting at all! Let go of frustration and gain that excitement of doing something wonderful for yourselves!! YOU ARE WORTH IT!!
I wish I can buy excitement I do believe I'm worthy
Old 11-02-2013, 01:51 AM   #9  
Fresh start

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
I'm in!! I need some teamwork/support and really do want to get back on the wagon.
Yay! We are in! Let's support each other, let's do this
Old 11-02-2013, 03:16 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/125-ish

Height: 5' 1/2"

I had 'started' this past Monday, but a few things came up- such as 15 hours spent baking cakes and icing them (can you say TEMPTING?) and then a big Halloween party. But I've had a few OP days, and I'm getting the idea of the IP plan.
Also, I'm waiting for my order of food to arrive- hopefully mid-week next week!
I am starting tomorrow, Nov. 2. This is my first time on IP.
CleverName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:28 AM   #11  
Restart - June17/15

It will be nice to have someone ( or many ) to restart with.. I bought some IP friendly alternatives and think with moving this weekend, I will have Monday as my "official" re-start date .. I am feeling awful seeing the scale go up a couple of pounds and don't want it to get out of hand..
Old 11-02-2013, 06:29 AM   #12  
Restart - June17/15

Quote:

I think this is GREAT advice - thank you.. having everything handy and ready does make it a lot easier.. and I know my body / digestive system really prefers the IP diet a lot..
Old 11-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 271/271/175

Height: 5'6" restart 11/6/17

I'm in!!! I started IP with alternatives the last day of July and thru August and September I lost 30#. In October I had some personal buisness dealings out of town and was on the road constantly so I went off plan. I still had shakes twice a day and one meal a day, so I was watching what I ate but there was some fat, dairy, etc...included in that meal pretty often. I am ready to be back on plan and dropping weight like crazy!
BetsyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #14  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Height: 5'4"

I have been struggling so much as well. I originally did IP in Apr/May this past spring and lost 26lbs in 5 weeks. I tried to start again off and on through out the summer but only last 1-2 days and "something" would come up and I'd quit. I finally wanted to do this for real Oct 21 and lasted till Friday. Had a horrible weekend and restarted Oct 28. Did great till Oct 31. (Stupid Halloween!) So AGAIN I am restarted today. If I could just get past the four day mark I think I would be ok....I was told the first 4 days are the hardest because of the sugar detox & cravings... I really really want to start this for real. I feel so conflicted and torn. I hate the way I look, none of my clothes fit right, I feel ugly and huge (this is the biggest I've been since giving birth to my 6 year old!!) and I love watching the scale move and have so much determination...then all of a sudden none of that matters and the cravings take over. I could sit down and cry. It is such an internal struggle. Anyway, I woke up determined this morning (again) but hopefully this is my last "restart"
claustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #15  
Fresh start

Quote:

Thank you! I will go veggie shopping tomorrow to stock up my fridge.
Someone also said that we can freeze shred cauliflower so I will try that too.