Old 10-31-2013, 07:09 AM   #1  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Default November WW Chat

October is ending, can't wait for a wonderful November!
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:40 PM   #2  
Level 5 Vegan

S/C/G: 289/171/140

Height: 5'4"

After only losing .4 in October, I'm hopeful that it was a much-needed rest for my body and I'll have a better November. On the bright side, spending a whole month around one weight, I sort of got to mentally adjust to the fact I'm so much smaller now than I was last year.
PUPMOM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #3  
Goal is health

Let's talk Thanksgiving. I have decided to be on point the entire week, except for Thanksgiving Day. I am going to enjoy my food and not overeat and over analyze. What are your plans?
Old 11-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #4  
Level 5 Vegan

We always go to his grandma's for Thanksgiving and it's the BIG family holiday (not Christmas). However, I will still stay on plan - mostly because I don't like the way his mother always praises my efforts on one hand and (I feel) pressures me (to the point where it's awkward) to indulge on the other. I might save my WP and have a piece of pie, but I am always hyper-aware of what I eat around other people (except hubby) so I usually eat very little.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/188/150

Height: 5'2

I can't wait
this year not only am I doing the plan so is my husband so I have help...we do have family and friends coming but I do all the cooking! I already have WW desserts planned and will make the traditional food but more healthier...I'm going to try sneaking in cauliflower mashed potatoes and see if anyone notices
SarainMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #6  
Goal is health

That's great you two. I don't think I will go completely off plan. I think I will just use my extras that day and try to stay at daily allowance the other days.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #7  
Looking for Zen

S/C/G: 315/267/180

Height: 5' 10"

Thanksgiving is always hard because we have two Thanksgivings. Lunch with the in-laws then dinner with my family.

Luckily, I'm usually burnt out on the sweets by all the baking by then, so it's more watching out for huge portions for me.
Jilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #8  
Level 5 Vegan

Jilu, ah - there is where my debate lies. I love baking, I bake during that season - I eat what I bake, none of it healthy. So do I forgo baking altogether, or do I try to plan for indulgences (which will probably become binges)? I could try to bake healthier, but let's face it, it just isn't the same!
Old 11-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #9  
Goal is health

Counteract with some extra activity points?
Old 11-02-2013, 09:31 AM   #10  
Level 5 Vegan

I'm beginning to wonder if I haven't taken activity for granted. I used to walk quite a bit (60 minutes 5 or 6 times a week, because it helps my back) but sort of got thrown into craziness for work/school and had no time. In November, I'm going to focus on my activity.

And if I really want to bake, maybe just a little.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #11  
Goal is health

On WW, did anyone's cycle change? This is my third time making the lifestyle change (got to goal the last time) and I am almost a week late (6 days) I have never missed a period since I started my period. I hope it just coming really late and not missing.

Last edited by DrivenByAmbition; 11-02-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #12  
I dream in sci-fi

S/C/G: 222/150/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByAmbition View Post
On WW, did anyone's cycle change? This is my third time making the lifestyle change (got to goal the last time) and I am almost a week late (6 days) I have never missed a period since I started my period. I hope it just coming really late and not missing.
I've noticed my hormones have changed since I lost weight. I never missed a period after changing my eating (I have missed it entirely due to stress), but I now spot for several days before my period instead of for just one day like before. Also, my body is super pissed that I've lost weight when there is a prospect of pregnancy every month. It doesn't listen to me when I tell it there will be no babies in our future ever, and insists that I put back on all the weight I've lost over the past year and a half in the week before my period just in case. So it's entirely possible that your hormones have gone a bit wonky from weight loss.
JuvenileNarcissist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #13  
I dream in sci-fi

S/C/G: 222/150/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm saving my extra points for Thanksgiving and the night before. Every year we have a cheesecake party at my boss's house where we get together and make cheesecake for the next day. There's usually a lot of unhealthy snacks there. And I plan on adding to that by bringing caramel apple cookies that I made for my boss and she loved. Thanksgiving I don't think will be that hard. I don't like pie, and that's what my dad usually gets. If I eat pumpkin pie, I usually eat a small piece and don't eat the crust. And I usually only eat a small piece of the cheesecake I make at my boss's, and leave the rest at my parents' house, so I don't have leftovers. I'll just have to try to make a concerted effort to eat slowly and only have one helping of turkey dinner. That's my favorite part. I can forgo the sweets, but turkey and dressing and potatoes and gravy are magical. But I don't like candied yams and I can do without cranberry sauce, so I'll leave those out. If I do overeat, I don't think it will be anything like in previous years.
JuvenileNarcissist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #14  
Goal is health

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuvenileNarcissist View Post
I've noticed my hormones have changed since I lost weight. I never missed a period after changing my eating (I have missed it entirely due to stress), but I now spot for several days before my period instead of for just one day like before. Also, my body is super pissed that I've lost weight when there is a prospect of pregnancy every month. It doesn't listen to me when I tell it there will be no babies in our future ever, and insists that I put back on all the weight I've lost over the past year and a half in the week before my period just in case. So it's entirely possible that your hormones have gone a bit wonky from weight loss.
Pretty sure I'm not pregnant but will take a test in the next few days if it doesn't start to be sure.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:46 AM   #15  
Martha

S/C/G: 231/224/130

I plan to eat my weeklies and activity points on TG. I'll have to remember that the day after is my weigh in day. I could just skip the day all together. It wouldn't hurt my feelings. It might disappoint my aunt though. Maybe I will go and leave with the excuse I've got to go get in one of those crazy shopping lines.
powerwalker is offline   Reply With Quote