Old 10-27-2013, 11:27 PM   #1  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team Fall into Fitness 2013 CHAT Thread Week 4 (10/28/13 - 11/3/13)

Our team total loss for week 3 was 14.1 pounds (0.35%) last week - way to go! Keep up the good work and let's keep losing!

Individual results:
Rated (3.6 pounds, 2.09%)

Honorable Mentions:
Nightkatt (6.5 pounds, 2.3%)
maryshady (1.4 pounds, 0.86%)
Ficklehearts (2.0 pounds, 0.84%)

Please remember the rules state that you're only eligible to win if you're posting here weekly.

Congratulations to all our losers, maintainers, and even if you gained, cheers for not giving up - keep up the fight! Personally, I'm just happy I didn't gain considering I spent Thursday through Saturday at a conference in Napa. Wine is NOT on plan

I feel like a terrible team leader, I never seem to get back here to post personals, but know I do read everything you write and I'm cheering for you in the background!

The conference I attended was for Computer Using Educators (CUE) and it was AMAZING!!! I learned so much and connected with some amazing educators. So grateful to have had the opportunity. Back to the real world classroom tomorrow.

This week's theme: Motivation! Because I need some! What keeps you motivated to stick to your nutrition plan? What keeps you motivated to EXERCISE???

Have a great week everyone!
Old 10-28-2013, 05:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone and congratulations to Rated Nightkatt, MaryShady and Ficklehearts......GOOD JOB!

I apologize for being absent. I've been really messing up and actually living in "carb overload city" otherwise known as "playing with fire." I have lost well from January this year, but since end of May have been up down up down up down up down up down up down up down (well you get the picture) 10 pounds.....and I've used every excuse in the book.

And then this week I forgot to post my gain.....bleah....

So I'm back on low carb, going to get the move on and move this body some more and take off some more fat.....

I have lots of reasons to continue on my weight loss journey and not a decent reason at all for just doing the up down up down up down weight thingeeeee.....actually I'm disgusted with doing that. I didn't work so hard to get here from 298 just to return to all my old disgusting habits....

So, back to low carb healthy eating....salads, veggies, berries, healthy protein....and need to be more active.....AND need to drink more water and less diet pepsi -- have really increased my diet pepsi intake the last few months and not only is it expensive, but I just need to be drinking more water.

Hope you all have a good day and good week. I'm going to make a effort to drive by here more often to keep in touch.....

Old 10-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/180/145

Height: 5'6"

Grats Rated, NightKatt,and Mary!

Well done!!

I'm just going to go ahead and confess.... This weekend coming up is my 3 year wedding anniversary and we're going to Wild Adventures (amusement park in Valdosta, GA.) I'm super psyched and excited about it! I'm going to try to weigh in on Fri before leaving, but if not, it'll have to be my freebie!

My motivation? Well, originally it was to get healthy enough to conceive, but now it's just getting healthy. I'm tired of being tired all the time, having no energy, and no stamina. Plus, I want to be skinny! I've been fat my whole life, so now it's time to experience the other end of things.

We still plan on having kids and starting on that next year now that the hubby is employed again. I'm hoping to get super close to my end goal by May. Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky on our trip to Sandals because that would just be too funny. We're going to start building a house next summer too, and I'm beyond ecstatic about that. A new me, a new home, and a new life. That's my end goal.

Fitness wise..... Fitbit really makes me push myself. I've yet to go over much beyond 10k steps a day, but I am going to really make that 15k a priority now that my legs are starting to ease up some.

Hope ya'll had an awesome weekend! I plan on pigging out this next one, but also plan on doing a lot of walking, so hoping it evens out LOL. Also got the dreaded TOM coming, so I'm not looking for a loss frankly till that's over with. Blah.

Edit - well, looks like this weekend won't be so bad after all. I forgot the park is closed in November. Oh well.

Last edited by FickleHearts; 10-28-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #4  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

I've kinna been avoiding this challenge. Many apologies!

In August and September, I basically was maintaining in a 5 pound range and not being very diligent about diet and exercise. Then in October I re-focused....and the scale started moving the wrong way. Fortunately the scale seems to now be moving downward, but I'm still not even back to my challenge start weight.

I will get to goal weight. Someday. I will NOT give up.

To answer SuperHeroTeacher's teacher question about motivation....there are two primary things that keep me on this journey.

1. Remembering how I felt when I was hugely fat - uncomfortable and unwell and unhappy and unpretty.
2. Knowing that I am inspiring and motivating others. Not just in regards to weight loss, but knowing they have what it takes to pursue something that they truly want that seems impossible.

Have a great week everyone! Oh, and congrats to this week's losers!
Old 10-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5'5

Congrats to all the Biggest losers last week! I finally broke my barrier this morning and got into the next decade and hope it holds out for Saturday. My hubby comes home tomorrow from his 3 week Colorado hunting trip and as of this morning I am down 7 lbs since he left. I also went out and bought new jeans on Saturday and down 3 sizes since I started.
What motivates me? Lately been pushing myself on the track and started running. I am motivated that in June I could not even walk a 1/2 mile and now am doing 5 miles mostly walking but my fitness is definitely better.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:53 AM   #6  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Congrats Rated, Nightkatt, Maryshady and FickleHearts!

I'm curious to see what the scale shows after vacation, but I'm not going to obsess over it. I've exercised every day but 1, so I think I've done OK in that respect.

My original motivation was a wedding I was in. A good friend asked me to be her maid of honor. I just couldn't stand to be the morbidly obese bridesmaid in her wedding photos forever. If I had gotten my butt in gear when she asked me, I might have been further along by the wedding. Instead I waited til we went dress shopping. The shop told me they'd have to order a size 28 dress (I was in 20/22 jeans at the time), and then alter the dress to drape properly over my big upper belly. I started Medifast, and lost 50 pounds by the wedding.

Since I've been stuck on the scale, I'm working on fitness. This way I can still have some sort of victory on a regular basis. Just this vacation, I've done 4 challenging uphill hikes - I never would have considered that 2 years ago. I also took a stand up paddle lesson - it was awesome, and my months with the trainer made that experience much more doable than if I hadn't been seeing him.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Fickle - That is too bad that the park is closed. Will you re-schedule once it is open again?

Cowgirl- Congrats on being in the new decade! Wow 3 sizes is awesome! You are on a roll.

Riddy - just do the best you can while you are on vacation.

Superficial Motivation:
My motivation is my wedding this summer. I am paying a lot of money for a photographer so I figure I should at least like how I look in my photos. I also have to go dress shopping in December so it would be nice to be down around 30 lbs by then

Health Motivation:
I live in an area with a lot of nature and at the end of the school year every class has to hike up a mountain. It is an all day hike with really steep sections. Last year I almost died and held everyone up. This year I want to be able to keep up no problem.

I am still working on my motivation to exercise. I know I have to do it to reach my healthy goal but I just feel so tired when I get home. I would love to hear everyone else's ideas on exercise motivation.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/180/145

Grats on the upcoming nuptials Rated! I bet your going to look fabulous.

We're still going somewhere for the weekend. Probably to Panama City Beach. This time of year is less crowded and you can get a beach front hotel pretty cheap. There are lots of nice restaurants over that way as well although I'm thinking we'll end up at Margaritaville, for better or worse.

Ya'll have awesome motivations! This morning I woke up and just knew I could do this! I hope this "I can do it" attitude stays around for a while.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5'5

Just checking in. Trying to stay focus for the next couple of days.
Tommorow is Halloween as well as my dd birthday so yes there will be cake. She also wants to order in Chinese but they have a diet plate which is just steamed veggies and chicken or shrimp with a light ginger sauce on the side. I going to order that and the cake I will have to see how it goes. I have not had a serious sugar attack in 5 months I have been doing this and really don't want to start now and I am liking my scale this week.

Last edited by cleancowgirl; 10-30-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 226/226/140

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone, sorry I missed the weigh-in. This week has been very stressful and I have gone completely off plan. My sister was rushed to the hospital and has been in there all week. We were so worried, but thankfully she seems to be doing better now, and will hopefully be released in the next day or so.
I really need to learn to control my emotions without always turning to food. I ate horribly this week and didn't exercise.

Congratulations to Rated, nightkatt, maryshady and ficklehearts - way to go

Darcey - Glad you had an amazing time at the conference!

Ficklehearts - Happy Anniversary! That sucks that the park you were hoping to go to will be closed. I hope you have a wonderful weekend with whatever you decide to do.

cleancowgirl - Awesome job

Quote:
This week's theme: Motivation! Because I need some! What keeps you motivated to stick to your nutrition plan? What keeps you motivated to EXERCISE???
My motivation comes from remembering how I used to feel when I was thin/fit. I had so much energy, I had confidence, and I did so many more things than I do now. I want to feel and look the way I did many years ago! Also, I am getting older and I know if I don't do it now, I will end up with health problems and that scares me.
My motivation for exercise is that I love the way it makes me feel. I am a big girl, but I retained a lot of the fitness from when I was a runner, so I find I enjoy working out and like pushing myself. I definitely need to be more consistent with it though!

Have a great night
Old 10-31-2013, 04:15 AM   #11  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated View Post
Superficial Motivation:
My motivation is my wedding this summer. I am paying a lot of money for a photographer so I figure I should at least like how I look in my photos. I also have to go dress shopping in December so it would be nice to be down around 30 lbs by then
Congrats losers!

Im with you Rated ... I have my wedding in just over 6 weeks and had a goal of 53 pounds in the 16 weeks to my wedding that I started this stage of my journey ... so far so good with just over 10 pounds to go ... not so much for the photos lol .. I hate them regardless lol .. but I just want to feel as good as I can

I will admit every temptation I have come across in the last 10 weeks I have a mantra "WEDDING DRESS" constantly on flow lol .. it has helped a LOT ... my dress arrived this week .. and it soooooo needs to be taken in from the measurements I sent 8 weeks ago .. the bust needs at least 4 inches taken in .. so chuffed .. really didn't notice my everyday clothes getting all that loose .. probably cos Im used to wearing baggy things anyway .. but I did go to put on my fave jeans today (which have adjustable waist - so I had to adjust them again ... ) only now the waist is so bunched and they just hang .. darn it .. so little wear and I love those jeans lol .. but still .. they will be ok for round the house

Motivation for exercise .. um .. none .. I have yet to follow through on the thought of exercise .. so the 40 pounds I have farewelled in the last 10 weeks is solely about food and attitude .. but I do know I have to start doing something exercise-wise .. if for no other reason than to tone me up a bit more. So will be thinking as much as I can about motivation .. on the plus side .. when my store finally opens I will not have that many excuses to miss going to the gym (which I DO have membership to) because there is a branch a couple of doors down from the market where my store is going to be lol ... and as we don't open til 1030 I can go there at 9 and at least get on the treadmill! At least that is what I am telling myself now

Keep up the great work everyone!

Last edited by Nightkatt; 10-31-2013 at 04:17 AM.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 226/226/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
my dress arrived this week .. and it soooooo needs to be taken in from the measurements I sent 8 weeks ago ..
Congratulations! That is awesome!

Quote:
40 pounds I have farewelled in the last 10 weeks
That is incredible! Way to go
Old 11-01-2013, 05:36 AM   #13  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Hooray I'm having a great week.

I went thrift store shopping on Tuesday and found some awesome stuff. One of the local stores does a half off everything sale on the last Tuesday of the month. It's total madness...like Black Friday shopping! But oh so worth it! I just love being able to shop off the "normal" racks. I've always been label conscious...not that I'd ever pay $300 for a sweater ()...but it's really helpful to know how much of a deal I'm getting when thrift shopping. I definitely scored some high end labels on Tuesday, like a Free People sweater for $2.

I also got a haircut on Tuesday. The cosmetology salon at the local adult career center was doing a 2 for 1 deal so I went with my niece and go a new 'do for $3.50 (!). It's like an asymmetrical pixie cut....love it!

And I had a great week foodwise. Some weeks I'm just so bored with food and hate cooking. Other weeks I feel like a total foodie and love putzing in the kitchen. This was a foodie week and it was so fun! Lots of yumminess and totally on plan.

Exercise wasn't too great, though. The weather/my schedule never really coordinated for me to go out for a run but I did do some DVDs (booooring).

I managed to (mostly) avoid all the Halloween treatsies at work. My great nephews and nieces dressed up as Snow White, Prince Charming, and the Seven Dwarfs.....so cute.

AND the scale clicked downward every single day.

Hope everyone else had a fantastic week!

Last edited by Novus; 11-01-2013 at 05:42 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:07 AM   #14  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Good evening red team! Awesome job Rated, Nightkatt, Fickle and Mary!

So glad to see everyone ge

Novus! Nice work and great week! Your post made me smile!

Narnia - hoping all is well with your sister. I'm praying for a speedy recovery for her and a little food willpower for you!

Nightkatt and Rated - How exciting that both of you are approaching the big day! Keep up the good work. It's sounds like you are both doing amazing!

Cowgirl - so how did the "diet Chinese" go? We have sons and hubby's birthdays this weekend, so we will have cake temptation everywhere as well. We can get through this! Aha happy birthday to your daughter!

Riddy - kudos on the hikes on vacation! Where are you? I wanted to paddle board on Kauai but didn't get to it. How was it?

Superhero - thanks for all the time you have taken to keep us going and lead us into healthier ways!

Okay, so motivator for me.... My husband. I want to ride a bike with him down the coast. I want to hike trails with him in every state. Right now I can barely walk a mile. I want to be young and fun for him. I want to be active and feel alive for me.

Don't know if I'll make it back before weigh in. Got a busy weekend ahead. Wishing you all a great "fall back". Don't forget to set your clocks!
Old 11-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #15  

What a great thread this week. I was feeling bad that I didn't have time ti check in earlier but actually think reading all the great posts at the end of the week is so up lifting that it has really kick started my weekend.

It has been a crazy week. Never had a chance to workout was at a dead run all week. Had 4 different people retire from the department and each had a retirement party. Then we had a chili cook off and carnival for United Way. I ordered 9 sheet cakes for delivery throughout the week plus a cake walk at the carnival. When throwing the parties each one was specific to the individual retiree and I had to serve each time. Some of them were so tempting. one was double layer chocolate with milk chocolate curls and very moist. And I never tasted a single one. I wasn't even tempted ... Well maybe that double chocolate was hard to resist but I just told myself it wasn't that special ... Just store bought.

The real surprise was my steps. I didn't have time to walk during lunch and got home so late every night never hardly had time to prepare meals. Imagine my surprise when I started getting messages from my fitbit saying I surpassed my steps for the day. It really made me feel so much better about not fiting in my routine workout. Btw I didn't know you could cheer for each other on your fitbit account. What a delightful surprise.

All and all a successful week.