View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #23
gma22

Good morning to you gals. Looks like we are going to get some rain today or at least it is pretty dark here right now. It is going to be in the 80's today!

I learned late last night that one of the men that we knew really well at the church in Indiana was hit by a drunk driver and killed in June. The trial was supposed to start today but I guess it has been continued. This man was in his late 40's early 50's with two sons and a wife. I remember him when he was a little boy. His mother gave me piano lessons and he was spoiled rotten. His sister, who was my age, had severe down syndrome but lived at home. She also was very spoiled.

Today is tackling the kitchen. I haven't gotten that durn yarn yet and I really need it so I have enough time to get those socks done. Guess I will just work on the scarf for my friend instead. I am a little sluggish this morning so have to get revved up.

Jean: I lived around farmers growing up as my hometown was a farm town. You knew when it was harvest because the boys didn't come to school or show up for football practice. Their parents depended on them to help with the harvest. I lived about 2 blocks from the elevator and had to walk past it to get to school. In the fall it was always a busy, busy place.

Susan: Glad you had all you needed at home to provide breathing treatments and such for your asthma. It is surely a scary thing to have an attack when you are alone. Glad your quilt show went over so well. I would love to buy a quilt to put in the living room when we remodel, but they are out of my budget range. We are going to be pretty tight as it is getting done the things we want to get done.

Maggie: Hope you have a safe trip!

Well girls, time to get myself some breakfast. Have a good day. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote