View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #57
Repo girl
Katie

Height: 5'1

Good morning all! I had two great days last week followed by 5 terrible ones. Too much food, WAY too much wine, etc. Last Tuesday when I got to work, I discovered that a portion of my business was flooded. With sewer water. Thank god we have good landlords who have good insurance, but we are looking at a few weeks of renovation. Some of the walls had to come out, as well as a ton of flooring. The bright side is that we are getting a new bathroom and a bunch of badly needed flooring out of the deal. Trying to work around the restoration is proving to be a bit of a challenge, however. We stayed closed for 3 days last week, and you would think that being home might be a good way for me to stay on track, right? Nope! Turns out, hanging out with my husband is bad for my diet.

Also, can we talk about grief eating? I have lost both of my parents in the last 2 years to cancer. They lived across the street from me, and I took care of both of them until their deaths. My mom has been gone 2 years now, but I buried my dad just 7 months ago. The holidays approaching are really kicking my ***. Just when I think I am doing well, something sets me off and I fall apart again, and eat. And eat, eat, eat. I know that you guys are no stranger to grief either. Do you have any ideas for me?

Barri- So nice to meet you! I would def be in on a challenge. Maybe it would help me to get motivated!

Nicole- Hang in there girl, every day is a new day, and you can have as many do overs as you need.

To the rest of you, keep going! You are so inspirational to the rest of us, you rock!

Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote