South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 06:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday Chatter for 10/29

I'm happy to be able to have my coffee this morning. It was nearly 10am before I could have my first cup yesterday, but I did survive! And I even managed to stay OP all day.

Nothing exciting happening today, just my long day with shuffling the girls around to their music lessons. I had planned to make a taco bake last night for lunches for the week, but the grandkids got me involved in a board game and I forgot all about it. I have a container of soup I can pull out of the freezer for today's lunch, though.

What's happening on your part of The Beach today?
Old 10-29-2013, 06:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Cottage, thanks for starting us off and the cup of coffee. Thank goodness for freezer meals!

It is my long day as well (sigh) but last night I premade the chili for the crock pot tonight, so that will make my morning less hectic. I actually got lots done last night, and even managed to jump on the treadmill after supper. I also made this soup: http://www.budgetbytes.com/2013/03/n...usage-spinach/ that I am excited to have for lunch. Wow, it makes a ton!

I hope everyone has a great day.

Oh - and since we are a diet group , I am proud to say that I am down 4 lbs (hey, water weight is better than no weight, right?) without my grains the last week. Between that and doing core exercises, I feel pretty good!
Old 10-29-2013, 06:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Congrats, Tammy! I meant to pop on the scale at my dr's yesterday, but forgot all about it. Must have been the coffee deprivation.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I can't believe they didn't force you on there. They're bad about that!
Old 10-29-2013, 07:04 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Congrats to Tammy and good morning to Cottage.

I'm waiting for the car to warm up and the frost to soften on the windshield- it's a chilly 19* this morning!! I will need to hold my coffee cup Canadian style today!! (for those of you who don't know, that's holding it with BOTH hands)

Looks to be a sunny day and I love how getting through Tuesday lets me play the mental game of the week hurrying by! Won't be long until the holidays are on us.

Must fly-have a great day all!!
Old 10-29-2013, 07:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I have a lazy day today. Need to get some groceries which might require more than one store to fill my list. Have to do some work for our family foundation. That's about it. Raining here which we much needed but it is expected to continue off and on for several days which means the hiking trail will be closed even longer until the mud dries

Have a great day.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:33 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Can't hold my coffee Canadian style this morning and still use the mouse. I bet our temperature is about the same as Beth's because the Doggage were in and out really quickly this morning.

Congrats on the four pounds, Tammy. I am intrigued by the link - lots of good stuff in there. I am finally moving into soup mode. I ignore it all summer except for gazpacho and that Greek yogurt, dill and cucumber one. Cacik?

Cottage, you "forgot" to weigh at the Doc? My guy doesn't force me onto the scale but records my morning weight that day. I like that because I always weigh more at the office. My appointment this morning is at the newer satellite Office - much closer and right beside the pharmacy so handy for prescription refills.

Remembered to lug in all the plants last night. The back room smells very earthy. I have some monsters who will need major surgery if they are to be in the house. I have yards and yards of ivy if anyone wants some!

Still have not bought the Halloween goodies so definitely need a trip to town tomorrow. Snow is predicted - way too early IMHO. Guess I'd better get an appointment for my winter tires to be put on.

Time to crank up the day. Whatever happens, work in some "me" time, chickies. We are worth it.

ETA: Hi there Karen. I hate two store grocery shopping but we need what we need. Around here there is no choice.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's only 19 here this morning so I'm in no hurry to go outside. I've got a long drive planned but I think I'll wait until the temps go above freezing.

Cottage - Fasting bloodwork days make me happy I learned to drink my coffee black. It would be ugly if I had to drive half an hour without coffee.

Tammy - I love budget bytes! I got away from it this summer but need to see what new recipes she has.

Beth - I hunt for cups that are just right for wrapping my hands around! My old house had really leaky windows and my fingers would freeze when I was working on my computer. I drank lots of tea.

Karen - Enjoy your lazy day

Ruth and Jennifer, I know you are out there somewhere

I suppose I should get motivated, I'm so glad I dug my fleece vests out last weekend!
Old 10-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!
28 degrees here...DD and baby spent the night we are headed to the project soon
Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-29-2013, 01:58 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

Back from DH procedure all went well and now waiting for DD2 to get home from school to take her to dentist.

Sounds like northern girls are a bit chilly than here we were in the 40's and still are and rainy. I hope it stops for Halloween.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Old 10-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Congrats Tammy!

to all. Off for another interview. When it rains it pours and in this case, BRING ON THE RAIN! Going on 10 full months of not working is getting to my head or at least, is rotting my brain away
Closed Thread