View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #18
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Moody Monday

GOOD ROCKTOBER AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It is currently 64 with the high predicted to be 67 this day in the ♥–Land. While the dogs were at the groomer the cat missed them as usual and argued with me. It was funny this morning for Beanie didn’t want to leave the yard and Cecil wanted to be loaded up. Cecil usually runs the other direction when that back gate is opened and Beanie waits patiently to be loaded but not today. They will all be loaded come Wednesday to be taken to the vet for safe keeping while we are gone. Our neighbor will pick up our mail.

JEAN We will leave on Wednesday morning and get there Friday afternoon or evening. We will stay a night in NM and one in AZ then we will be in CA the next day. I think we will take a different way by coming home though through the Mojave Desert, AZ and then Texas to pick up some great smoked meat in Dalhart which is a famous cattle sorting place and you can tell it from miles away from the smell of it. As far as the eye can see there are cattle in pens, hundreds of thousands of them being well fed and watered.

I saw the neatest thing to do with Grand’s Biscuits in and advertisement on TV that I am going to try. You flatten the biscuit and spread a bit of Sloppy Joe mix on half of it and sprinkle some shredded cheese over the meat then fold the biscuit over sealing the edges. Poke some holes on the top and bake. What a fun thing to make to take to a pot-luck or serve at a party. I also think eating one with a large salad for a lunch would be good. I’ll have to figure the points+ value when I get the ingredients gathered up. I will find out how well they freeze.

DONNA FAYE You will have that pair of sox finished for sure for we know how you like to have things in order and can knit things fast. That is an excellent brand of coffee you bought and I am sure he will enjoy it. Do you drink tea much? I know lots of non coffee drinkers that love their tea and there are many good tasting teas out there. I like a cup now again and love iced tea in the hot summer times.

Have a great afternoon my Magnolia friends.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Last edited by Maggie : 10-28-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote