Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 07:29 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Monday 10/28/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.
Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 10-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #2  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Good morning everyone!

Just had my weigh in and I am down 1.9 pounds from last week! Only 16 pounds left til goal!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #3  
Just doin' it!

S/C/G: 176/153/135

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning! Congrats Stacey! Sooo close!!! I don't know if I've given away much this week but I sure do feel good. Getting more comfortable with making choices and asking questions when I'm out to dinner to get what I need. So glad I'm doing this and so grateful for these boards, all the support and knowledge is priceless!! Happy OP day!!
Old 10-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #4  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Happy Monday!!

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 10-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #5  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Good Morning IPers. Wishing everyone a great day.
Slipfree, those were great quotes you posted last night in the weekend chat. Added a couple of them to the list I have been keeping in my journal.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #6  
Taking it 1 day at a time

S/C/G: 248/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"4'

Good morning everyone, I am hoping for a great week this week, lately I have been obsessing over how much I am losing and how fast it comes off. I really need to stop be impatient and just go with it. Any words of wisdom to help me deal with this long journey ahead of me? I am not sure why I am so impatient as I know I will never be able to go back to eating the same way as before, maybe I am just anxious to feel good in my skin? Well, have a good one everybody!
Old 10-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Monday Morning everyone

Today is the start of a new week. I hope that today is better than the weekend!!! I noticed when I did 100% for 2 days I dropped almost 3lbs. This is not shocking to the 100% or to me kinda. I am hoping to stay 100% every day. BUT I am going to take it hour by hour.

So Will Power dust to everyone, good luck and may the force be with y'all
Old 10-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #8  

Height: 5 '6

I think I'm pms'ing and was hungry all day yesterday. Carbonated water saved me! Made me feel full for awhile and I'm down again this morning... Whee Hooo!
Old 10-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #9  

whoo hoo!

If you add carbonated water to the drink packet mixes they taste so good and they do fill you up!!
Old 10-28-2013, 09:46 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger121512 View Post
Good morning everyone, I am hoping for a great week this week, lately I have been obsessing over how much I am losing and how fast it comes off. I really need to stop be impatient and just go with it. Any words of wisdom to help me deal with this long journey ahead of me? I am not sure why I am so impatient as I know I will never be able to go back to eating the same way as before, maybe I am just anxious to feel good in my skin? Well, have a good one everybody!
Great job on the losses so far!!
We started out at the same weight -I started Aug 1 and am amazed how far I have come and how fast it comes off - my advice would be not to focus on the weekly numbers but look at the big picture 8-10 lbs a month is worth sticking out the tough stuff till spring!
My clothes are just starting to get too big to wear now - that took longer than i thought it would - so have patience with that as well
Old 10-28-2013, 09:53 AM   #11  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger121512 View Post
It's important to not compare your weight loss with anyone else's' - we are all different, and our weight loss experience will reflect that. I also recall telling myself that the days were going to pass whether or not I was dieting.... and that by staying committed to the diet, I was losing some weight while that time passed. If I went off the diet, not only would I not lose any, but I'd probably gain more. So no matter what I lost, I'd be better off at the end of that time. Thinking that way seemed to help me stick with things, and not feel so frustrated about the slower times. Just keep chuggin' along.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:55 AM   #12  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

As of Saturday, I hit 50 lbs lost, even though my official weigh-in isn't until Thursday, but I was so happy I posted my before pic and a pic I took Saturday morning onto my facebook and now I have three friends interested in IP. It feels great to be able to inspire someone else, like people have inspired me, and to tell them how awesome IP is!!

My sister has also started about 5 weeks ago (mind you not 100% ) but I'm just so glad that I motivated her to get healthier as well.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #13  
Started IP 20SEP2013

S/C/G: 208/189.5/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning all.
Stacey, CONGRATS!
Danger: it is so hard to "take one day at a time", isn't it? Sometimes I feel that the best way to "get rid" of an obsession is to give into it for a little while (eg spend an hour on this website and soak in the knowledge)... then return to "normal" life.... I find that when I do that, I am less impatient afterwards.
Wishing all IPeeps a great week!
Old 10-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
As of Saturday, I hit 50 lbs lost, even though my official weigh-in isn't until Thursday, but I was so happy I posted my before pic and a pic I took Saturday morning onto my facebook and now I have three friends interested in IP. It feels great to be able to inspire someone else, like people have inspired me, and to tell them how awesome IP is!!

My sister has also started about 5 weeks ago (mind you not 100% ) but I'm just so glad that I motivated her to get healthier as well.
Congrats on hitting 50lbs down!!! That is so wonderful!
Old 10-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #15  
Taking it 1 day at a time

S/C/G: 248/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"4'

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskgirl View Post
Great job on the losses so far!!
We started out at the same weight -I started Aug 1 and am amazed how far I have come and how fast it comes off - my advice would be not to focus on the weekly numbers but look at the big picture 8-10 lbs a month is worth sticking out the tough stuff till spring!
My clothes are just starting to get too big to wear now - that took longer than i thought it would - so have patience with that as well
saskigirl, thank you for your encouragement! That is so uplifting to see how far you have come in less than 3 months! I did the program before, and I guess I just can't remember how long it took to get to where I got. All I remember was that the weight fell off so quickly that I was shrinking out of my clothes in no time. I also remember it being so much easier because I just didn't have any huge expectations. So, I am tripping myself up by having high expectations. Thank you again for your kind words, I will carry them with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
It's important to not compare your weight loss with anyone else's' - we are all different, and our weight loss experience will reflect that. I also recall telling myself that the days were going to pass whether or not I was dieting.... and that by staying committed to the diet, I was losing some weight while that time passed. If I went off the diet, not only would I not lose any, but I'd probably gain more. So no matter what I lost, I'd be better off at the end of that time. Thinking that way seemed to help me stick with things, and not feel so frustrated about the slower times. Just keep chuggin' along.
evepet, thank you. You took my situation and packaged it up all pretty-like. You are so right about time passing whether I make the choice to lose weight or not. I try to tell myself that, but hearing someone else say it affirms it. I suppose slow&steady is better than none at all! Thank you, I will carry your words with me as well.
Closed Thread