Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2001, 11:48 PM   #1  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default ~THE THIN GROUP # 50~

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 05-02-2001 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-01-2001, 11:52 PM   #2  

Default I brought this over from # 49!

Hi guys, I just realized when I posted on # 49 that I was the 29th post. I think the 30th post puts it in on the 2nd page so I started a new thread and brought this one over that I posted before.

Hi all you Thinsters,
Got back Sunday afternoon and was soooo glad to be back home in Indiana. The trip from Michigan was not too bad for a 6 hour trip. It was good seeing my family, Ken and the boys again. Also happy to see my kittie cats and they were happy to see me as well. There sure is no place like home is there?

The bad news is that I went to my WW meeting yesterday and was up 5.6 lbs, for 2 weeks. Better than the 6 lbs I gained the last time I went for the trial. But I guess being on vacation on Florida than in Michigan the next week and again all the eating out we did takes it toll on a person. I had lunch with CJ on Saturday and we did have our Maurice salad and did really good and by passed the Mr. Fields Cookie stand though. That was hard, but as CJ was saying as we were passing "Keep on walking" I was thinking the same thing exactly as her. LOL So we did pretty good.

Now I am getting back on track and today had a grilled chicken salad for lunch at TGIF Fridays when I met my daugher, Kelly and niece Becky there. Also had a salad for dinner as well. Trying to drink my water and plan to get back to the gym maybe tomorrow and will really try hard this week to get some of that weight off. So at least I am in a good frame of mind and not saying "The heck with it" like I could do. Will just take things a day at a time and not try to lose it in one day. I will get there, now that the trial and sentencing and vacation is over, it will be easier to get into a routine once again. I will keep on trying, I may slip some, but I am still determined to get all the way down to my goal. No matter how long it takes. I won't give up on this. This group really is my salvation. I don't know what I would do without the wonderful support I get from all of you's.

jetall-Hi and welcome back to our great group. You are doing great and with the walking with your friend that will really help you to lose the weight. That walking must be really helping if you can feel it in your legs. Don't worry you will get used to it and they won't be so sore soon. I am glad you came back to post with us. We are looking forward to getting to know you much better.

CJ-Hey girlfriend, just wanted to let you know how much fun I had with you for both our lunches we had. I think we did really good program wise at least. If you keep on doing what you are doing soon you will be the proud recipient of that 10 lb ribbon. I know you can't wait!

Gail-Hi there, thanks so much for the email you sent. I just saw it today from a few days ago. I haven't been on the computer yet since back till now. I will answer your email soon. So glad your mother in law's visit went really well. I know you are glad however to have just you and Ken there. Things will be back to normal now and there will be just you, Ken and Little Big, your kitty once again.

Chrissy-It was so great seeing you again and I sure had fun staying with you as usual. We sure got some things done didn't we. Like starting cleaning Dad's basement (don't worry I will come back this summer and we can finish it up) and raking your leaves (wasn't that fun?) and your garage never looked better. I like doing projects with you and 4 hands are better than two don't you think? But we had fun too, like the party your nurse friends threw for you and going to the show, even through the movie sucked big time. LOL I know you are ready now for your vacation in Florida. Gosh you are going to be so busy, with Ellie graduating, that wedding and going to Disney World in May. Glad everything went well for that idiot sentencing and we finally got some justice for my brother and your dear husband Rick. I love you Chrissy.

Brite-Hi Kerri! Glad you had fun shopping and found some things you wanted. Glad you posted and keep on posting everytime you have a few minutes to spare. Hope you are doing good.

angel-Glad you are back and I know you are as well. Your trip to Canada sounds like it was a really good one. Don't worry about the gain. I too gained and the important thing is that we are both back on track. Good job getting back with your exercise too.

Sherry-Hey Sher Bear where are you???? Post and let us know. I miss you girlfriend! Oh Sheeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrry? Come back to us!

Well guys, time to get this posted and get ready for bed. It is nice to have some time off from work since H & R is done. I want to get somethings done around here while I am off this summer. We will see what I can get done. I am gonna enjoy being off for a while.

Take care guys and love you much, Sharon
Old 05-01-2001, 11:56 PM   #3  

Default CJ brought this over from # 48-from Jetall!

Good morning everyone - just found this message from Jetall on the last thread and thought I would bring it on over ...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by jetall
Hi Everyone,
I asked to join and then I lost you. This morning I finally found you again. Thank you for the welcomes. My name is Judy. (I think I saw another Judy here.) Jetall is a combination of my initials before I was married (JET) and part of my married last name (ALL). I needed a 'name' and that is that I came up with.

I am not sure what to tell you about myself. I tend to be quiet but when I get started sometimes I go on too long. I will try not to do that now.

Since I wrote the first time I started to walk twice a week with a friend (mind you it was only last week when we started - LOL.) With summer coming I will also be walking behind a lawnmower at least once a week.
(I find myself really tired after that one - yesterday I took a nap.) Right now my legs are feeling the extra that I have called on them to do but I know they will eventually feel better.

That is enough about me for now. Thank you again for allowing me to join you. I am looking forward to getting to know you better.

jetall (Judy)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad to see you found us again Judy!

Welcome back Brite! Have missed you and glad to see you posting with us again. Don't worry about the time in between, as long as we hear from you!

Will be back later guys ... sorry, have to get ready and go! DIL and granddaughter in from Arizona!

Love you,
CJ
Old 05-02-2001, 07:37 AM   #4  

Good Morning Everyone, And a fine one it is outside. Too bad I have to leave for work in a few minutes.
I went to my doctor yesterday, the one for my panic attacks, and he said I am doing very well so now I only need to go every other month. Guess the meds do help.
Had to take hubbys car in yesterday and it needed new rotors to the tune of over $200.00. It sure isn't cheap when they fix cars is it? I felt just like a real suburban wife having to pick him up at the train station after he got off work. LOL This week and next I will be working some extra time for people that are going on vcation.So again I will be wondering how all you gals that work full time do it. I give you all credit.

Sharon.....I remember going with Chrissy and the girls Emily and Ellen and Kristen to Hudson's to have that Maurice salad too. It was very good. Glad you are home safe and sound. And yes, there is no place like home. I am sure your family was glad to have you back. Don't worry too much about the gain. You have had a lot of changes in your lifestyle to throw you off with eating right. You will get back down again. Remember "BIKINI" season is right around the corner. LOL

Jetall....Glad you foundf us again. It is nice to have a walking partner. It makes the time go faster I think. I also think walking is one of the best exercises. And what a great time of the year to get outside and do it.

C.J.....Speaking of walking.....Are you still out there doing it?

Gail.......Where oh where has our little Gail gone? Oh where oh where can she be?

Sherry....Thanks for the message about the avatars. Much appreciated.

Chrissy.....Hmmmm. It sounds like you and Sharon did some work around your house while she was there. Does that mean we get to rest when we come in June? LOL. You know me. I can't sit still so you can come up with something that needs to be done. LOL

Congrats to all who have shed some pounds, and to those that didn't....just keep trying and it will come off.
Have to run. Love to all.....Sandi
Old 05-02-2001, 09:15 AM   #5  
Long Lost Chickie

Howdy!! It's me at long last. Been busy busy busy.... Work all day and then go home and work all evening. I certainly hope I'm burning off a few calories and inches here and there! The weather's been great for outdoor stuff so that's where I've been. Garden is started, flowers are planted. The dumpster's finally gone! LOL! They FINALLY came for it on Saturday after I called and called and called. What is wrong with those people!?! Anyway, I got back from WW on Saturday morning and it was gone. Good thing too because we've been using the driveway for the table saw and lumber. We replaced the front door - a "three-hour job" that took 2 days!! Still not quite done but at least we have a door. Thought we might have to stay home and stand guard for a while there!

The good news is that I had a 1.8 lb. loss on Saturday morning. The bad news is that I celebrated by eating everything in sight for the next couple of days. Some of us went out for chinese food yesterday. Pants are a bit tight today but I'm hoping that's temporary. Still, I'm never going to make my Memorial Day goal if I don't get my act together!

Next week I have to drive down to Baltimore for a few days for a trade show. I'm a bit nervous because I could get lost in a walk-in closet but everyone keeps telling me it's easy to get to and should only be about 2-1/2 hours, etc. We'll see if Jo makes it or not. I plan to buy some maps and charge up the cell phone and have told Rich to "stand by".

Sunday, the VFW is hosting the annual "Loyalty Day" parade and block party. I sorta' got volunteered but I guess it's OK. Last year, I spent the entire day in the VFW basement making thousands of hot dogs. Couldn't look at a hot dog or stand the smell of one for weeks after that! At least this year, I'll probably be over at the park and the weather's supposed to be nice, etc. One of the American crewmembers that were being held in China is a local gal (Regina Kauffman) and she's agreed to be our parade grand marshal. I'm hoping to get the chance to meet her. Hm, wonder if I'll make the news!

Well, I've been interrupted a half dozen times here so I'd better get to work. The nerve of some people, thinking I should be working instead of writing to you guys! Humph!

Hope you all have a great day!
Much love, Jo.
Old 05-02-2001, 02:48 PM   #6  
Veggie Princess

S/C/G: 253/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

HiDeHo from Arkansas. It is an absolutely beautiful day outside. I am sitting in my little carpeted box looking out the window and sighing. . . Summer Fever I guess. I just wanna go do something. The travel bug has hit me again. Last time it was Niagara Falls. This time it's New York City. I think I am going to go in June or July. I'm trying to restrain myself and not just go on a whim like I did to Niagara. This time I will have plans and spending money!! It doesn't help that my friend there keeps e-mailing me weekend travel deals. The last one almost made me go. . . round trip for $209.

Trish - Way to go on the lbs down. I am keeping up with survivor. I have to be at a meeting this week but I am taping it. If anyone ruins the surprise before I watch it when I get home I may react badly!

Kerri - Glad you checked it. Time sure flys sometimes. It's east to get away from posting. Good job on the lbs down too!

Sharon - I think keeping lbs gained to a minimum or maintaining with the stress you have been under is a great accomplishment. You'll loose it in no time.

JetAll - Glad you found your way back to us. Keep on posting so we can get to know you.

Sandi - Good news about the panic attacks. I am glad the meds are helping.

Jo - Isn't it wierd how sometimes seeing those scales go down actually seems to give us permission to eat like that. I'm sure you will hop right back on track though. Have you tried mapping your trip online like on mapquest? I get lost really easily too so before I go on any trip I print off maps to all the places I think I will need to go. It seems to help me.

Big howdy and hugs to everyone I didn't mention by name. I hope everyone is doing well. Happy May!!

Gina
Old 05-03-2001, 10:09 AM   #7  
Veggie Princess

S/C/G: 253/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone. I just had to pop in after my weigh in this morning to share the good news. My first goal was reached officially this morning. I have now lost 20 lbs!!!

Here are my stats:
As of 05/03/2001 244/224/170/20/{54}
Woohoo!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Gina
Old 05-03-2001, 10:45 AM   #8  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Default fingers crossed....

Hi Ladies....Today is day #3 of staying home with a sick little boy. Yesterday on the plus side he was only sick to his stomach 2x....on the bad side, he was sick all over me!!! TALK ABOUT YUCK.....oh well got cleaned up in record time...lol Trying to keep a postive frame of mind, since I've been home with him...I've been in the cupboards snacking and I know I'm not even the slightest bit hungry, but since I know the stuff is in those darn cupboards...I hear my name. Today is going to be a different day though, so I hope to start fresh and take it very very slow.....and hope for the best with one meal at a time...good choices only!!! Down another .5lbs....so now I'm 205....working on that little gain while in cowboy heaven(aka Saskatchewan..hehe)

Congratulations Ginabob!!!way to go!!! Excellent work, almost ready for that thong bikini....lol....always think some part is missing when I see those things..Enjoy your day..bye
Old 05-03-2001, 05:33 PM   #9  

Default This is from Jetall Judy!

This was posted on the 2nd page of # 49 so I thought I would bring it over here for you all to read.

05-02-2001 08:38 PM profile | pm | search | buddy list | quote | edit

How is everyone doing today? I hope the weather was as beautiful where you are as it was in southern Ontario. It was actually hot. Did you hear that it snowed in Newfoundland yesterday?

I got another walk in today. When I managed to lose some pounds a couple of years ago it was the walking that helped the most. That is why I am really trying to stick with it. (Unfortunately, I gained back the pounds I had lost but this time I want to stop the gaining before additional pounds are added.) Can you tell that I know a lot about yo-yo-ing? But they say that as you are a winner as long as you are trying and I am still trying.

See you soon. Thanks for 'listening'.

Jetall Judy
Old 05-03-2001, 06:24 PM   #10  

Hi guys,
How is everyone's week going so far? Mine is going alright. Just trying to get back on track. I have done alright foodwise so far and trying to drink my water as well. Just trying to get back to exercising like I used to. I was going to try to go to the gym today, but got caught up doing other things so will try to walk in a bit or tomorrow for sure will hit the gym.

Jetall-You are sure to get on the right track walking the way you used to. I too am trying to get back to my walking now that the weather is getting so nice in Indiana. You are a WINNER in my book just because you keep trying and that is important I feel.

angel-Gosh sorry that your little guy is so sick. I think it is harder on Mom's than the kids sometimes. Good job on that half a pound loss you had. That is the payoff for resisting all those goodies on your cupboard. Keep it up!We are both working on getting our vacation/business trip weight off. WE CAN DO IT!

ginabob-YAHOO on being down 20 lbs. YOU GO GIRL! That is such a great accomplishment I think you will agree. Thanks for your support as well, it means alot to me. Your planned vacation trip to New York sounds like a lot of fun. Something to look foward to this summer. I am sure you will get a great travel deal.

Jello-Hooray for you down that 1.8 lbs when you went to your WW class. Don't worry if you had a day or so eating more than you had planned. I tend to do that too and just try to get right back on track as soon as I can. You will make your Memorial Day Challenge too , just take things a day at a time. Post on the official Memorial Day Challenge thread I just started yesterday. Let's all make it official. I will look for your post there. Hope you get to meet that Regina Kauffman at that parade/party. That would be a real honor to me.

Sandi-That is so great that your meds have helped with the panic attacks. Isn't it great what they can do nowadays with modern medicine? Yes I will keep on thinking about "bikini season" to help me get there. Not that I EVER wore a bikini LOL But I can dream can't I? LOL Thanks for your kind words.

CJ-Got your email and will answer it soon. You are doing so great and I know now that that 10 lbs is within your reach for sure. Post and let everyone know how you are doing.

Chrissy-Hey girl, where are you too? Back to work I'll bet working really hard or going to that gym once again with that BOOTCAMP SARGENT at the YMCA there. LOL Hope you are doing better and now that I am home I still miss you lots and lots. Post too when you have a few and let us know what you are up to.

Gail-Hey Gail! Where are you? I miss you, heck we all do. Come on and hit the reply and post with us. The Thin Group is not the same without your wonderful posts.

Sherry-SHER BEAR!!!!!!! Where are you girl? You also are missing in action and this place is lonely without your cheerfull posts to all of us. Come on Sher-Bear-WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!!
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{SHERRY}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

OK guys time to get off here and see what I can get into, well not food, but maybe another bottle of water.

Since Jello had mentioned she wanted a Memorial Day Challenge why don't you guys go to it and post what you want to lose in this next month. There are a couple of more there with me like Trish and ginabob. I know some of your others have said you wanted to have this thread started, so come on one and all, join us! SEE YOU ON THE THIN GROUP MEMORIAL DAY CHALLENGE!

Love ya, Sassy Sharon
Old 05-03-2001, 10:29 PM   #11  

Hello Ya'll......

Sharon,
Sorry I haven't posted in a long time but I will be honest with you. I know that everyone is busy & that there are so many people that post here, and so many to reply to.But I felt like no one cared if I posted or not.Some days I wondered if anyone was even reading my posts.I guess I was just being selfish and feeling sorry for myself.
I have been reading everyone posts and I'm very happy to see how many people are losing weight!! Also, I might add.....I've really missed you and EVERYONE else!! You always make me smile! Sharon you're a wonderful person and thank you for missing me.I WILL start posting again!!! THANK YOU AGAIN!!

Hope everyone is doing good.I had blood work done last week.When the results came back...My iron was low AGAIN! This time however, so low that I was almost put in hospital. I chosed the shots instead! Along with iron pills.Today I have felt 75 % better!!!

Since April 23rd, I have lost 9 more lbs. It took a month BUT it equals out to be about 1 1/2 lbs per week.I'm really trying hard to lose! I have also started walking.Last month I walked about 25 miles total.This month I'm aiming for 30 miles!

Ginabob.....Congrats on the 20 lbs!! I know that you must feel so much better!! Keep up the great job!!

Jetall..... I wished that I lived where you are OR you lived here.Would love to have a buddy to walk with! It really helps with the weight loss doesn't it? KEEP WALKING!!!!!

Jello..... WOW....you're still loosing too huh? Good for you!! It's the hardest thing in life that I've ever had to do! Are you drinking water? I need ideas on how to get started since I ate it!!

Sandi..... It was nice to hear from you the other day! Did the cliparts work for you? If not, let me know & I'll explain it better (I hope!).BTW....Hope the meds help your panic attacks.What medicine are you on? A lady at work has them and would love to let her know what you take.

CJ..... I've missed you sweetie! How are you? Are you still going to the cabin often? We get out of School this year on May 25th. The kids are just as excited as we are! I sure can't wait!! Also..We leave for Florida on June 16th...been going to tanning bed so I have a nice tan going already.Let me know how you are....like I said...I miss you!!!

Angel.... Hope your little one is much better.I always hate to see them that sick.Poor little things.Also, Congrats on your weight loss.What plan are you following?

Chrissy.... You are so lucky to have Sharon as your Sister-N-Law...but I know you know that!! How are you? I hope everything from here on will be nothing but GOOD things for you.You're a sweet person and deserve much happiness!!

Gail.... Hey Girlfriend!! How are ya???? I hope you didn't think I was sounding ugly & rude by what I wrote on the 1st of my thread.I figured I owed an explanation on why I haven't posted and wanted to be honest.I'm really a nice person!! LOL!!! I miss ya....post soon & let me know what all has been going on with you!

Ok.....I've wrote my novel.Better get some things done around here before bed.

I DO love & Miss you all....
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
190/165/150
Old 05-03-2001, 11:39 PM   #12  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default Howdie!

Well, here goes – it’s catch up time!

Sorry I have not been posting much but the weather has been so beautiufl I just like to be outside …. Plus, I have been absorbed in working on our website … think I will be moving to a different location in the near future …. That will mean a new address … I’ll let ya know when.

[b[Sherry![/b] I am soooooooo glad to see you posting! I have missed you so much too! I know, I have not been posting much myself either … but I really do miss you when y ou stay away …. So don’t stay away so long next time! Yes, we have started the trips up to the cabin again …. And this year will be longer stays as we are starting to build. Hubby is retiring end of May!!!!!!!!! So guess I will have to look into getting a computer for up there! A month without a computer????? NO WAY!!!

Gina: Great job on the 20 lb loss! I’m getting there too … very slowly! 8 ½ lbs down for me so far! Keep up the good work!

Sandi: Yes, I am still walking – not as much lately as I should …. Walked quite a bit yesterday as I went to the zoo with my granddaughter …. Going tomorrow morning for a small walk before packing for the cabin.

Sharon: Got your email! Sure enjoyed our visits together …. My pink mug sits out on the counter all the time … every time I drink from it I think of “us” ….. I love it! Glad you are getting yourself back on trac now …..

Jello: I still need your wt update! You were suppose to let me know, remember? Come on, fess up!

Jetal: Glad to see you posting … we keep finding you on the previous threads and bringing you over! Haha. Keep up the walking …. Doesn’t that feel wonderful after you walk? It sure does for me.

Carolyn:Esmerelda got another ½ lb fatter today!

Gail: I miss you too! Wish you would come and post .... soon!

Well, gonna go do the updates, post of the Memorial Day thread, and then go take a bath and go to bed. Going to the cabin tomorrow until Tuesday …. Since hubby is retiring end of May we are going to be at the cabin quite a lot this summer as we are beginning to build. But, I will find a way to post from time to time.

Oh, did I mention that I was down ½ lb at weigh in today? 8 ½ lbs total so far!

Later …. Have a wonderful weekend!

Love, CJ
Old 05-04-2001, 10:49 AM   #13  

Hi!

#@%&#*#! I just spent the last half hour writing a post, and then my computer froze, and I lost it! I don't have time to rewrite all of it, so here's the condensed version.

I'm happy to report that I've lost another 3 lbs. this week for a total of 9 lbs.

This weekend, my husband and I are visiting two of my brothers and their wives on Long Island. My other brother and his wife are visiting from Georgia so we're all going to spend the weekend together. On Saturday, we're going to go to some wineries and have dinner at a restaurant overlooking Long Island Sound. I hope I don't overeat too much!

It sounds like many of you are doing well in the weight loss department. Congratulations to CJ (1/2), Sherry (9), Gina (20!!!), and Jo (1.8). Keep up the good work!

Sharon, thanks for starting the Memorial Day Challenge thread. I will post on there weekly.

Sandi, glad to hear the panic attacks are under control.

Angel-Eyes, hope your little boy is feeling better.

Jetall and Kerri, nice to hear from you again. Post often!

Gail, where are you?

Hope all of you have a good weekend!

Trish
Old 05-04-2001, 05:47 PM   #14  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default leaving ....

Just want to pop in and wish you all a great weekend ... leaving now for the cabin ... be back Tuesday. I walked today for 2 miles. Whew, sure was hot! See you all when we get home.

Love, CJ
Old 05-05-2001, 10:32 AM   #15  
Long Lost Chickie

Hi all! Sorry for not posting more but it's been busy busy busy. It's Saturday morning and I'm at work because I've got to get stuff done before I leave for Baltimore on Tuesday. The good news is that I've found other people going to and coming from this trade show about the same time I'm going and coming so I'm bumming rides in both directions. Sorry CJ! Sorry Sharon! Probably won't be ending up on either of your doorsteps next week.

The bad news was weigh-in this morning. Gained back 0.8 lbs. Ms. CJ, I'm sorry I haven't sent my updates. I just never seem to find the time to post or email lately! But here, for the record ... Started at 202 (June 19, 2000) and am now at 169.4. What's that make? I'm terrible at math! Goal is 150 so I'm hopeful that I'll make it or be at least close by my b-day in September. Hope springs eternal.

And speaking of spring, I'm going to get the rest of this ... stuff ... done so I can get back out there in the sunshine! Tomorrow is the parade and block party and I'm fearing that I'll end up in the cotton candy booth, up to my elbows in pink sugar. Oh, I need this???

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Much love, Jo.
Closed Thread