Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #1  
Just watch me ...

Default Just Do It

Anything. Just get moving. Fast/slow/gym/home/stretch/crunch/run/walk/bike/yoga/pilates/weights
Whatever.
Every Day.
Something.
Anything.
Start today.
Post tomorrow.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #2  

I'll join in!
It's been getting cold and I find myself in hibernation mode. I need to continue to build onto the 10lbs I recently lost.
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:34 AM   #3  
300+ Chick

I agree!!

I am a light active...Thursday...Friday...walked 30 minutes!! Plus I climb steps during the day in my home .

Happy moving all...
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #4  
Just watch me ...

Hey PhillyGirl,
I know where your 10 pounds are. I'm planning to pass them on to someone else

Hi Liliann
Sounds like you have a good system set up. If you were to add a 3rd day, what do you think you would do?

I'm partial to this time of year. Makes me feel more energetic. This morning, I took a long walk on my shopping stops. I'm exhausted from the week, but want to spend some time with my stepper this weekend. Now for laundry...
Enjoy the day guys

Last edited by Exhale15; 10-26-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #5  

Liliann, I think we often ignore things that we do at home. I live in an apartment so no steps but believe me I get my share on laundry day as the laundry room is in the basement and I'm on the 3rd floor. I have taken to not parking in the lot to get a little walk in the morning.

Exhale, you get any goodies on your shopping trip? I hear ya about being exhausted. I struggled all week and was late just about every day to work. I'm hoping for more energy next week.

I joined another diet challenge that will start on monday and then it will be full force. I have a groupon for a bootcamp that I need to cash in by November 7 so that will surely be a kickbutt workout.

I plan to cook my protein for the week tomorrow, but today its off to the hospital to visit my aunt. I've been wanting to play my xbox so maybe I'll do that later.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #6  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

this is my 14th day in a row of weight training at my gym...I usually have rest days because some days my schedule is so insanely busy that I have no time to get to the gym...somehow I've managed to get 14 days in a row where I can get to the gym...I do heavy weights on machines and I've seen a nice difference in my body
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #7  
300+ Chick

Exhale...I also have a stepper,and a personal challenge of mine to do a few minutes on that each day to build up endurance. My 3rd choice along with doing low impact aerobics. One day last week, I manage on less than a minute..My goal to aim 30 min on that stepper machine. How much do you spend with your stepper?

Philly....I live on the second floor and my disabled sister is on the 1st, I have one flight of stairs,16 steps in the hallway..Climbing stairs is an awesome ,way on a movements..Happy steppin!!

Alaskan...Wow, 14 days in a row!! Awesome!! YOU are doing great! Keep it going!

Saturday did not do my daily walk..just a few minutes climbing steps in my hallway.

Sunday...Today will be a better day, Will do plenty of walking of doing errands..I do not own a car,,..so my doing errands is mainly walking..which I love the most.

Will check in later..Happy moving day!!
Old 10-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #8  
Just watch me ...

Hi guys ☺

PhillyGirl, I picked up some groceries – some nice spinach pie, and a couple of macoun apples. The apples make me think of Snow White – deep red on the outside, and very white on the inside. I really like them. I eat too much junk and want to change my default to reach for fruit, so I have a bunch of apples/pears/asian pears in the house. I notice over the weekend that I’m feeling more mobile, a bit lighter and I think that’s from less salt. I also picked up a nice bunch of broccoli rabe that I’m going to cook up a little later. Sounds like you are full force on – bootcamp Hope your aunt feels better soon.

Alaskan – all I can say is you go girl!

Lilian, I haven’t done much of anything lately, except commute back and forth to work and vegg out. I don’t have a machine, it’s a step platform - the type you can make taller with risers. I've gotten through a half hour of a basic program. I like the repetition of stepping and the fact that I have to focus to make sure I don't fall down.

My goal for this time around - and I hope forever - is to make it not a big deal to exercise and eat right, and to not connect it to my weight I want to just do it because I deserve to have fun and do stuff. Linking it to weight weirds out the process, because it's not a linear process and I don't need all the emotional overlay to get in the way.

Have a good rest of the day

Last edited by Exhale15; 10-27-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:25 PM   #9  
300+ Chick

Sunday...walked 60 min...

Have a good Monday all...I am keeping a log on my movements, its good on knowing end of the month I am exercsing...Every min counts!!
Old 10-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #10  
Just watch me ...

Sounds like you had a great day! Happy Monday, you too
Old 10-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #11  

I slept in Saturday and Sunday, didn't do any laundry as a result and my priorities got switched around on account of the hospital. I did get to at least grill a bag of chicken tenders for the week. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better.

Exhale, I've never heard of macoun apples. Is the skin like a washington apple? I love asian pears though.

Lillian, rock on!

Alaskan, just...wow! Do you do cardio too?
Old 10-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #12  
300+ Chick

Monday...walked 30 min!!..I could have done more, but did not sleep well and was a tad busy..I am not giving up!

Keep fitness alive!! Happy moving Tuesday ...
Old 10-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #13  

I don't think of it as giving up. I just acknowledge the sidelines and adjust my plan accordingly.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #14  

Hey I am in tooo.. I am in the same place as phillygirl... I lost 10 lbs.. now for the last 5 or so days its become so cold here that I am not able to get myself to do any physical exercise... I will take this up to avoid that lull and get myself moving
nlauah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #15  
Just watch me ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGirl2012 View Post

Exhale, I've never heard of macoun apples. Is the skin like a washington apple? I love asian pears though.
I asked a guy at a local green grocer - macoun's ( rhymes with raccoons) are a cross bet McIntosh and Courtland. Looks like a more robust McIntosh.

Good for you getting food prep done!

I'm writing from my cell - better post later...

Have a good week all