Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 06:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Chat Thread: October 2013

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone!
Betsy, I like the idea of having a list of foods that can be as bad as drugs, ciggarettes,... I try not to rule out any foods but, I do have a handful I hope to never eat again. There are others I can have only in limited amounts that I must eat in a clean enviorment so there are only a certain amount to eat and none around to "have just another". In the book Thin Commandments I learned that for me one cookie has 35,000 calories because if I eat just one it may set me off on such a binge that 2 weeks later I will have gained 10 pounds.
Have a good day!
Old 10-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Ubee, I love the idea of thinking of a cookie as 35,000 calories. I had to go to the grocery store to get stuff to take camping this weekend. We're taking the grands for the weekend, and then Sunday celebrating three family events. So, it will be a food dangerous weekend. Since I have to get on a plane next Tuesday, I'm hoping that I won't have a 35,000 calorie weekend!
Old 10-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #4  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 299/260/150

Height: 5'2"

That is a brilliant way of thinking about it!!!! One cookie is 35000 calories. Also the comment about having a clean environment. I have just been thinking I need to clean my kitchen...it is not really full of junk, but stuff I don't use and won't for a long time maybe just does not need to be there.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

I'm back, lol doubt anyone remembers me. I'm trying hard this time, honestly I keep joining in and then I fade out. It happens with most forums, but I felt like checking once again. I wanted a safe space to lament. I have a LOT of support in the offline world but as much as I love, adore, and cherish all my supporters offline none of them have ever been 300+. And here I am back over the 300+ threshold. I regained the weight a WHILE ago, but stopped at around 330 and have pretty much gained and lost the same 10lbs between 320 and 330 for the past few years.

I have a texting accountability with one friend who is exactly 100lbs lighter than me but I feel like I need people who understand what its like to be crazier heavy.

The thing is most people assume that because you are 300+ that you know next to nothing about nutrition, and/or that you are a couch potatoe.

I intent to mind blow. I have food issues I KNOW when something is bad for me I just ignore the logical part of my brain. It's pretty sad really how easily I tune out the voices and just listen to the inner 3 year old who is having a tantrum and wants me to sooth her with chocolate/chips/whatever I can get my hands on.

I'm working on it. This week has been a 'good' week so far, of course its only wednesday. I am really striving for portion control.

And getting back into the swing of things. Even at my 320 size I regularily participate in aerobics, I walked a half marathon (that was exhausting) and I keep pretty active for someone who has a sedentary office job. It's nothing for me to fit in 12000 steps a day (<3 my pedometer... <3 it... no seriously). I am going through some personal health issues NOT related to my weight.

However the reality check when I realised hey, i might sadly need surgery and if I do, its killer scary to be under anesthesia period to be under anesthisia when you are 330lbs? Even more scary. So I'm working on doing my best to get this under control.

I'm also sick and tired of being the least attractive person in the room without question. I know that there ARE plenty of beautiful overweight/obese people. I'm just not one of them. I feel like my face will look a heckuva lot better when I drop afew lbs.

This week I've sorta been extreme with the food intake. I know I need to loosen up the reigns eventually because its not sustainable in a "forever" sense... but I'm trying to remember this is what hunger feels like, this is what Self control really is.

xoxo to all my 300lb sisters and brothers!
Old 10-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Greetings to all.

I am back to stay this time....

I know my weight is around the 380 mark (first time I've written that down anywhere)... just waiting for my next shopping trip to find a scale...

You know I had one of those days where I looked good and felt good until I caught a glimpse of my side view.....

I must change.....

@silentarctic, I feel my inner child must be the cousin of yours....for I too all too easily indulge that voice for whatever....even if I'm not 'hungry'....
Old 10-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #7  

Hi Everyone!

Zictory 75, Silentarctic, and time4me2change!

Betsy, you sure have a busy/tempting schedule coming up! Stay strong and focused. I want to see where that whoosh from the other day takes you!

Zictory, I hope you clean your kitchen. I started out shedding my stuff and it carried over to my weight. I decided I did not want any more junk in my house. As I learned to say no to the junk in my house it carried over to not so much junk in my mouth/body.

Silentartic, good job not having a full regain +. I had to give my inner brat/monster boundaries. A red line not to cross over for weight and the credit card must be paid in full every month. She still can throw a mean temper tantrum once in a while! Hopefully you will not need surgery. That is scary. We are here to support you. Last of all... this is not a lie. Before I read your post I looked at your picture and thought oh no not another pretty face! (I have a turkey neck and look older then I am.) I think we are all beautiful and we need to stop that stinkin thinkin!

time4me2change, coming back here is a great first step. I am enjoying your other thread.

Have a good day Everyone! I am off to conquer another pound!
Old 10-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #8  

@ubee - You are sweet, I had a lot of professional help the day I took that, and played with camera angles. And just lucked out, I have never looked so good since! LOL

@time4me they're very persistant aren't they!

So I overdid it yesterday with the restriction by the afternoon and I didn't have anymore food with me I was feeling dizziesh at work so I ended up having pizza after work. Oh well... I still came in way under my cal limit. And lesson learned... I still am at that place where I need to eat a little more for now while my body readjusts.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #9  

Hi Everyone!
Yesterday I had a NSV. I had on a pair of pants that were snug this summer and I was able to slide them off without unbuttoning them! GO ME!
Today is lunch out with a friend. We go to a place that serves the best power food so it is always a loss on the scale after!
Silent, do we ever adjust?
Have a good day Everyone!
Old 10-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #10  

Ubee - Congrats ! :-D We do readjust to eating less, at least I use to maybe I won't now that I am "old" (my roomate had a mini freakout realizing her birthday is coming up and we will soon be... *omg* 35 lol) . It's SO easy to readjust to eating more then. I do have to keep myself in check and find that it is a concious effort to eat like a 'normal' person. But the longer I do it for the less unnatural it feels. It will never be a thoughtless habit for me t hough.

I'm feeling good, the sun is out, we did our initial weigh in for work biggest loser club and I'm @326.

I'm dressed up and wearing my new boots (Canadian girls, Penningtons/Additionelle sells boots online that fit us big-gals) they fit me perfectly. I haven't had a pair of cute boots since Jr. High! I feel stylin... LOL the elastic in my leggings that I'm wearing under my dress is worn out though so that was annoying walking to work trying to subtly hold them up, without looking like I was doing that through my dress. ~L~
Old 10-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #11  

Hi Everyone!
How is everyone doing? I had a stressful Friday & Sat. but I managed to keep my head above the water. No loss this week but, I did maintain!
My latest motivation comes from watching Extreme Weight Loss Makeover on You Tube. I know it is extreme but, I love how they learn to push themselves beyond their comfort zones. I am so guilty of throwing the diet and especially exercise out the window because it is too hard and I can not do it. Call me a whambulance! If they can do that in one year I can do it in 3!
Have a good day !
Old 10-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #12  

Ubee - congrats on maintaining thats a good thing. I'm all about sustaining changes, for me THE biggest part of weight loss is maintaining. If i can resist backsliding into old habbits and can keep whatever I do manage to lose off I consider it a victory.

Personally feeling exhausted, had an unexpected late night and it already led to the bad choice of sugar and creamer in my coffee (i'm usualy steadfast about drinking it black!) . The whole exhaustion making you crave sugar is super annoying.

Gotta go get groceries over lunch hour. Am out of lunchables. Hopefully I can make some somewhat smart chocies.

I was up 2lbs over the weekend but I shouldn't be according to my cals (i should be maintaining...) so I must have been extra salty yesterday but, I wasn't really.

The late night + an evening meeting and I don't think I'll make up for the lack of sleep well. I feel like I'm going to be expected to stay up late again too...

It's not even half way through monday and I'm already longing for the weekend.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #13  

Hi Everyone!
Silent, I hope you were able to get a good nights rest. I am such a sleep baby. Do you mind if I ask what kind of plan you are following?
This thread is way too quiet! Is it the time of the year?
Have a good day!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #14  

Ubee - I'm just trying to eat less, and keep my calories "reasonable" , cut down on salt becuase of my blood pressure issues. And just "eat like a normal person" which is something I have trouble with.

I did okay-ish, I caved and had turkey jerky (bad on the salt) and a babybel I just did not have time to cook and was hungry to get to sleep. Still better than having chips or something... :-|

Tonight is a potluck, I'm bringing a salad full of spinach hopefully that will keep me away from the rest of too much of the yummies. My friend is making her yummy meatballs and, cheesebread (yikers) another friend is making a chickpea dish, and yeah, that's only what I know about so far I just need to eat a plate of my green salad before I'm allowed to touch anything anyone else makes. And maybe bring a measuring cup over and be wierd like that...
Old 10-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #15  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Hi guys. I've been really busy the last few weeks, and haven't been here as much as I should. Welcome to all our newbies!

It's looking like the first month of my valentine's challenge is going to show a miniscule loss for me. It's not the stall any more though, it's me. I've slacked on my exercise and I'm retaining water from stress. Not good. I'm going to try and get back into the groove now that things are calmer.

The good (sort of) news is that my boyfriend is gone for pretty much the last two weeks of the month and the first week of November, so I'll be able to build my schedule around me and maybe give myself those three weeks to do some mini exercise challenges. I know the weight part is mostly diet, but I really don't want to sacrifice the strength gains I've made in the past year.

Oh - funny thing: I fainted last night. I got up to go to the bathroom and brush my teeth, and I felt dizzy, so I went to sit on the toilet. Next thing I know, I'm on the floor by the bathtub (with my electric tooth brush trapped under me and running), and I felt like I woke up from a weird dream. I've never fainted before. It was odd. I'm not worried about it, I think it was from the cold formula I'd taken, but what a bizarre feeling.
Closed Thread