Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 06:04 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat 10/26 - Sun 10/27/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.
Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 10-26-2013, 07:32 AM   #2  

I like this thought from Beck Diet Solution from the other day

Food for thought to start the weekend:

October 24, 2013 - Think Thin Thursday Tip

There is a difference between what your mind finds significant and what your body finds significant. Although your mind may find it significant that everyone around you is eating something (so it’s feels okay to eat extra, too), or that it’s a special occasion, or that you’re feeling upset, your body doesn't know or care and processes all calories the same.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #3  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning from Philly! Layover en route to Wilmington NC and I am excited to see my family in a few hours. Just a little sleepy although I slept the 5 hours over to PA.

Happy weekend all!
Old 10-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all! Sending out IP POWER The weekend here! Geesh it seemed like a long week, tough work one, lots of not nice stuff happened. Glad to have some decompression time, I try to leave all the "sad" stuff at work or pieces of it along the drive home, but I just cant always do that. Lots of yard work this weekend and window washing too.

Lisa Are you going to tonights game? I'll check the score a few times but thats about it for me. It's too bad about the Eagles concert, especially after all that money.

Sarita Ohh enjoy that visit! I don't know if I could live that far from family. 2 hours away is tough enough for me.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #5  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Good morning all!

Sarita, safe travel thoughts for you and I can't wait to hear about your family's reaction!

Sonolady love the purple IP power always.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #6  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Good Morning all! Rough night for me. Sweetie went out will friends until 1:30am so that kept me up. Then my carpal tunnel has been flaring up. It's been pretty bad, so that was uncomfortable all night. I'm trying to manage the pain w OTC meds rather than the flexiril. I've made an appt with a new doctor and pt so we'll see.

Tonight's our big Halloween bash at friends. I'm the DD so this should keep me OP!
Old 10-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/238/169

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

Well you guys seem to all know each other! Newbie here, hope I get acquainted with some of yall soon! WTG on all of you guys weight losses! Amazing! Can someone tell me how to subscribe to a thread? Oh me I am going to my son's football game and then my daughters soccer tournament. Now I have to go to grocery and try to attempt some type of cleaning at my house! lol, the life of a working mom
Old 10-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/238/169

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

Hi NG. sorry about your ct that sucks! have you tried wearing night splints? I am a PT. Any advise I can give let me know
Old 10-26-2013, 09:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone,

Cold and windy here. Feels like the beginning of winter instead of fall! Just in time for trick or treating!

Welcome Healthytobe! I'm not sure how to subscribe to a thread, I just return as often as I can, read the updates, and post!
Old 10-26-2013, 09:10 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalWolf View Post

Sonolady love the purple IP power always.
Thanks! I think all of us need a power reminding daily.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #11  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthytobe View Post
Now I have to go to grocery and try to attempt some type of cleaning at my house! lol, the life of a working mom
Ain't that the truth!! I make a soup with 6 or 7 kinds of veggies every weekend and eat it all week for one of my daily 2 cup servings. I'm out of coffee, and stuff for the kids lunches. Need to take the car in early this morning for a service then 2 kids with 2 soccer games at different times. Then fix up Haloween costumes for my kids this evening. My kids are 9 and 5 and they have never seen the original Star Wars (1977) movie, so I'm going to find it on blue ray and we will have a Family Movie Night tonight!!! They'll eat popcorn but I'll find a yummy IP friendly snack to munch on. Have a lovely IP day everyone!!
Old 10-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #12  

healthytobe Welcome, I just check in daily. Its a great support forum!
Old 10-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
Lisa Are you going to tonights game? I'll check the score a few times but thats about it for me. It's too bad about the Eagles concert, especially after all that money.
We are going tomorrow nite.
I don't think the warm weather gear I got will be warm enough tho...
Today I'm going out to find red gloves, too.
I'll probably have to wear my winter jacket over my new Cardinal gear.
Isn't baseball supposed to be a SUMMER game???

Today is also our last Farmers market so I'll be prepping veggies and making yogurt (p3-4). I was supposed to go to a college football game & tailgate but that trip was cancelled due to an illness. Our alumni club teams up with one from Chicago for this trip. The bar owner that was catering the tailgate has emergency surgery.

Next weekend is a road trip for another college football game at my "home" campus. Cold weather gear is expected for football! Even tho I'm not p1, I'm still advance planning for that tailgate. I still want veggies & I've learned so do many other people, when given the choice,

Last edited by lisa32989; 10-26-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #14  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Isn't baseball supposed to be a SUMMER game???
I thought so then remembered they call the World Series "The FALL Classic" so maybe it's supposed to be cold! Remember one year when Toronto was in the World Series? What must that have been like LOL!!!
Old 10-26-2013, 09:32 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthytobe View Post
Well you guys seem to all know each other! Newbie here, hope I get acquainted with some of yall soon! WTG on all of you guys weight losses! Amazing! Can someone tell me how to subscribe to a thread? Oh me I am going to my son's football game and then my daughters soccer tournament. Now I have to go to grocery and try to attempt some type of cleaning at my house! lol, the life of a working mom
Welcome healthytobe!!!!! Yes these guys all know each other they are great folks and ive quickly learned alot from them even though I mostly lurk reading, I've gotten bolder posting lately !!! I just joined in about end of August. happy IP lifestyle to you it's an awesome plan I love it!!!!

Good morning all!! My hubby invited me to a bull roast next weekend it's a charity event for his work. I asked him to please invite my son who is his sports, cooking and drinking buddy he thought I should go but disappointingly asked my son!! I'm not being mean but I can't drink or eat the food and I'm being a bit selfish it's with his work folks and one of my dangling carrots has been to lose 50 lbs before his work Christmas Galla which is a big event! Last year I went in a dress I hated at my fatest weight ever and I was miserable! I danced my butt off and pretended i wasnt uncomfortable in my own skin but not this year.. I'm determined to buy an awesome dress this year and show off my new figure And feel proud and great!! I'm not ready to see them now!! Ok wearing my heart on my sleeve a bit with this info started to delete it but I'm sure you guys would understand !!!

Off to make an IP omelet !!! Happy weekend to all!!!!!!

Last edited by kcdoe; 10-26-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Closed Thread