View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #10
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friday

GOOD ROCKTOBER AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It is another cool day here in the ♥-Land in the 50 area. We have been out and about and saw the buffalo. Those baby buffalo sure do look bigger every day. Pretty soon they will be big as the big ones and then I suppose they will be taken away and sold. The male should bring big bucks for he is well formed and sturdy.

We have been winterizing the motor home and are taking it to park it in its garage at storage this afternoon. We are very fortunate that they had a place opened up so we could rent it. In the spring we can bring it here and park it at the curb out front to load it and get it ready to take a trip. All the nice cushions and such that I have ordered for it can live in our basement until that time. That way I will know there won’t be any vermin making a home in it during storage. All the bedding comes into the house for sure along with towels and such. We never did have to put our old motor home in storage for we lived in favorable climate areas year round so didn’t have to winterize the coach.

I finished the book I was reading by Lee Child and will start on another by him today called Nothing to Lose . His character, Jack Reacher, is “one of the most enduring action heroes on the American landscape” says the New York Times and I agree with that statement wholeheartedly. I used to marathon a book but have learned to put one down after I have read for a while. His books are all over 500 pages.

We went out to the Fort today and bought some raffle tickets for an old timey rifle. The tickets are in my name for I am the one that usually wins stuff. We’ll see when the drawing comes around. The money goes to a good cause for the Fort. The last drawing he entered me in my ticket was drawn second to get the prize if they couldn’t locate the first drawn tickets owner. It took some searching for him for he was out of state. Ah, but they found him. So I didn’t win that one but they did give me a consolation prize.

After while I am going to make a big pot of Chicken Noodle Soup this day for dinner. Will is just getting over a cold and it will be so good for him. I certainly don’t want to catch his cold and have it while we travel to CA I have been very careful not to get his germs.

JEAN 26 is cold and we will get there soon enough. It is coming on Winter I do believe. Leftover kitten? I just got a chuckle out of that statement. Hope that one that was taken to the farm survived.

DONNA FAYE Sorry about your toes. Seems when feet are hurt we hurt all over. I have never had toe nail fungus or on finger nails either but it sounds like a battle to get rid of. Hopefully you have it under control and you have happy toes once again. I don't do facebook but do enjoy seeing your pictures you post here. It is so nice that on the cruise you had a choice of good fruit for breakfast. We got a new bottle of grenadine and I am going to cut up a couple peaches and splash them with a tad bit of it on them for a dessert after the soup. I love having fresh fruit for a dessert or for a meal at breakfast.

Have a great afternoon my Magnolia friends.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Last edited by Maggie : 10-25-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote