Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #1  

Default Any Current Optifast Users Out There?

Hi everyone.

I've just finished my 3rd week on Optifast and am hoping to find others using it too so we can share and encourage each other.

To give you some of my Optifast journey ... I lost 7 lbs the first week and was thrilled! I haven't lost one pound in my second or third week. I'm beyond baffled as I haven't cheated at all. That said, I was only having 3 of the shakes per day rather than 5 and added some exercise. My doctor is hoping that the lack of weight loss has to do with not taking in enough protein. I'll push to have all 5 shakes every day going forward and keep the water intake as it should be. I still have hope but would love to see that scale move!

I've been fortunate not to have many cravings nor to miss food as much as I thought I would. I have been having one meal per week on Saturdays. These meals follow the food plan outlined by the doctor for those on the modified Optifast diet so not like a cheat day where I go crazy, just one day a week where I can enjoy a meal with my family; although until I get past this no loss business, I'll likely skip that meal and stick exclusively to the shakes.

Hoping to hear from someone out there soon!
karimack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #2  

Default Week 8 on Optifast 900

Hi Karimack,

I am in Canada, so I am on the Optifast 900 program (4 shakes a day, 225 cals each--we don't have the option of bars or soups here). I'm currently in my 8th week. I started at 280 and I'm down 36 pounds so far. I've been feeling really energized. The first week was difficult and then my hunger dissipated. It was smooth sailing from week 2 to week 7. This week, I'm really craving food, and have actually taken a bite here and there. I have another 4 weeks to go on shakes only, and then I'll be allowed to add in one meal, for a total of 1200 cals a day. After that I'll have another 12 weeks left in the program for transition, etc.

I've kept my activity level high. I'm working out every day (sometimes twice). I have a personal trainer who I walk/jog with and I'm also doing lots of aquafit. I also ran my first 5k race! I think that the activity is really the key, although I also think that's why I'm feeling so hungry.

I try to mix it up by adding sugar free flavourings into my shakes (mint, salted caramel, strawberry, etc). I'm also having at least one a day with just a tiny bit of water so it's the consistency of pudding or cookie dough. Then I can spoon it up and feel like I'm eating a meal.

So..my advice is to get tons of exercise to burn calories, have all of your shakes and drink lots of water. There's no way that the weight won't come off.
Milrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #3  

Thank you so much for writing back; your encouragement is very appreciated.

Congratulations on your weight loss! That is fantastic! I think food cravings are only natural when going so long without food. Hopefully they will pass and you'll have smooth sailing for the next 4 weeks.

I was told initially to minimize my exercise but I think I'll go your direction instead. Frankly, since this is both weight loss and then a lifestyle change, I'd like to get exercise into the equation. Like you, I have a ton of energy and am feeling really good. I will definitely pay attention to the number of shakes I'm having and keep that water coming.

Please keep me posted on your successes
Old 10-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/270/150

Height: 5' 2"

I bought about 5 weeks worth off Amazon and started today. I tried one last week as a meal replacement just to see what it tasted like (that was vanilla, today first meal was chocolate). I like the taste - I use one of the GNC-brand short shake cups with the wire ball to mix, and fill the cup to the 12oz mark with water/ice. That's just my preference, with that amount of water, to me the shakes take like milk (vanilla=sweetened milk, chocolate=chocolate milk). I know that cutting the tangible food, chewing, etc. out of my life is going to be HARD, but it is worth a shot!

Good luck to you - if I can be of any help please let me know.
reggaeRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #5  

Welcome ReggaeRN! I don't mind the flavor either - at least not of the chocolate (I haven't tried vanilla yet). I thought it was going to be hard not eating when I started but that passed pretty quickly for me; hopefully that will be the case for you too. I did struggle with making meals for my family during that first week but that passed too. Occasionally I get the munchies in the evenings but find that if I think about what I'd like to eat, nothing comes to mind so I think that may be more habit than anything else. Are you doing soups and bars too? I opted not to as I thought I'd be better off all or nothing.

I have my weigh in on Thursday. Following plan precisely and have added exercise. Hopefully the scale will show it! I notice a difference in how I look and clothes fit, but still have the vain need to see the number drop.

Good luck this week! I'm anxious to hear all about your successes!
Old 10-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #6  

6 lbs down! Thank goodness! I know it isn't normal and is likely a combination of loss from the last weeks since I've focused so much on drinking water to lose some of the bloating I was feeling last but I don't care - I needed this jump on the scale!!

Part of why I needed this was because I really felt this last week I had "figured it out." I had my water where it needed to be, I was drinking the right number of shakes, and I started an enjoyable exercise plan going that I know I can continue. Had the weigh in been bad for a third week in a row, it would have hit hard.

Plan for this upcoming week is to stick to plan and have a 10000 step goal each day. Here's hoping I've turned a corner!

I hope you both also had a good week. ReggaeRN, I especially hope you found this first week bearable!
Old 10-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #7  
Taking it all in...

S/C/G: check out the ticker ;)

Height: 5'7.5"

Hi - I am doing Optifast as well.
I am doing the Optifast 800 line... and mostly have the pre-made shakes (drink boxes). Have some soups when I am DYING at night for something 'savory' instead of sweet. Some bars as well, but those are only in case of emergency

Down 20.4 lbs so far (4.5 weeks) and feeling good My pants are falling off (hehehe) and I have moved a size down in tops too.

Nice to 'meet' you ladies
Goddess In Training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/185/140

Height: 5 feet 10 inches

Hi,

Started Optifast again, just yesterday. Its a lot harder the second time around. Hoping to find some encouragement here !

Lost 35 pounds in May and March of this year, then started eating well and kept the weight off, but for 7 pounds, creeping on..
I was not at my goal, so had to get back on track. Still need to loose 45 pounds.
I know I can do it without the shakes now. Learned a lot about calorie intake and what to eat.
But the shakes are so much easier.

Important to drink the shakes every three hours and DRINK the water !!
Yes have to pee a lot, but I think of it as getting rid of all the toxins and fat !
Also having headaches, that also will go away and things will stabilize.
I add psyllium fiber to the shake, it helps with feeling full and is just plain good for you !
fattio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'3"

I started optifast a week ago Saturday. The first couple of days were really tough, but now it's pretty easy. I'm doing optifast 800, 4x a day and a small sensible meal about 3x per week. I'm managing between 700-900 calories a day. I'm amazed a how good I feel and how easy it is. I haven't been exercising but need to start doing something. Maybe walking. I've lost 10
.5 lbs so far. I'm tracking calories on My FitnessPal and have a fit bit. Glad I found this site!

Last edited by Napqueen; 11-17-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Napqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #10  
living in the moment

S/C/G: 100kg/81.2kg/58kg

Height: 158cm

Default hi i'm here too!

hello,

i use optifast but it's different here to the usa. ours in oz is the optifast VLCD and we have 3 shakes/bars/soups/desserts per day, 2 cups of vegetables (minimum) 1 tsp oil, at least 2 litres of water, that's it.

not much exercise, just a little actually. which is good for me because i HATE exercise hehe.

i'm in week 13 and i just had a chocolate shake with orange flavoured metamucil (psyllium husk), whizzed up in my milk-shake maker. it's yummy, like a sweet jaffa pudding .mmmmm i could eat sweets all day.

i like everything (it's got to be pretty disgusting for me not to eat it!), so i'm lucky in that regard.

you can mix the things up and add different flavourings etc., be creative, do anything really, as long as you STAY ON TRACK.

you must STICK 100%, then it works. i've lost 14.5 kilo's in 12 weeks. slow because of med's i think. but it is the ONLY THING TO HAVE EVER WORKED FOR ME!!!! the answer to all my dreams, this is OPTIFAST, I LOVE YOU!!!!!

bfn, saraphin xxx
saraphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:55 PM   #11  
intern

S/C/G: 297/ticker/190

Height: 5'8.5"

Just checking to see if anyone is still using this thread. I just started Optifast 800 yesterday and I was hoping to connect with people using this program. Buddies are so helpful!!
freckfrecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:32 PM   #12  
living in the moment

S/C/G: 100kg/81.2kg/58kg

Height: 158cm

hi yeah i'm checking this..i'm using optifast VLCD how's it going?

those chicks are wrong btw i'm at 182.1 now

Last edited by saraphin; 01-03-2014 at 05:35 PM.
saraphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:30 PM   #13  

Default Just started Optifast 900

Just started Optifast 900 the meetings are every Thursday had my first shake need to add a little bit more water it was too thick(chocolate)
I'm diabetic and will see how fast it takes to get down wish me luck first day
I'm starting at 358lb
For shakes per day
Will drink them at 7 a.m., noon, 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.
I mixed up my lunch shake too thick will add one bottle of water 500ml next time.
Scot1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:39 AM   #14  

Height: 5'4"

Hi scot, how are you doing? I have a 20 ounce glass and mix my shakes up in that so it's at least double the water. I figure it forces me to get all my water in
wannabesomebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 03:03 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 281/140

Height: 5'3"

I started on Tuesday of this week. I'm doing 800 calories 5 shakes a day. I am 281 and would love to see onederland again. Look forward to hearing everyone as they progress.
nevertolate is offline   Reply With Quote