General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:03 PM   #1  
This is me!

S/C/G: 286.4/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 6"

Default Topamax/Phentermine & IF

ok. So I don't want ANY judging! I want some support! Is there anyone out there that is currently taking on the task of losing a lot of weight 100+ pounds by using the technique called Intermittent Fasting while taking Phentermine with Topamax?

I am currently medically supervised to lose approximately 135 pounds total. I have fasted before, I have taken phentermine before, but I have never taken topamax. I actually did not hear about it until my doctor prescribed it to me.

I plan on doing the 3:4 fasting plan, and sometime 2:5 and depending on the week 1:6. I will always do a 24 hour fast once a week, or I may switch it up every once in a while to 16 hour fasts daily I am not sure yet.

There are ALOT of people out there that have ALOT of opinions and that is ok, but I am only posting on here for positive feedback!

Pretty much I am looking for someone who is doing what I am doing, or has results already!
tonyaap20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/250/160

Height: 5'8"

I am taking Phentermine and Topamax, but no fast. I'm just cutting back. I have tried dieting on my own for 10 years, and my Dr. saw no improvement, kept checking my thyroid, all was fine there, so he wanted to speed my metabolism up.

My first month I lost 7 lbs.....I was in shock because I was on vacation and not really watching what I ate, plus eating sweets.
I go back next week and I am down almost 10 pounds for this month. I have 104 more pounds to lose. I am not on any type of diet, I just wanted to change my lifestyle. So I am cutting back, and if I want a piece of cake I take 2 bites and I'm done, and very content so far so it is working for me. I have incorporated tons of fruit and veggies in my diet too!

Unfortunately I have been unable to exercise due to sciatica....but resting so that it gets better soon. No side effects, very pleased as I am just not hungry....but I do have to break the habit of eating just to eat....caught myself wanting to eat for the sake of food being there!!

Good Luck to you!!
lulu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #3  
This is me!

S/C/G: 286.4/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 6"

Default Results so far.....

Hello there!

I see that no one else has commented this thread.... Here is is on July 20, 2013. I weighed in yesterday. I am exactly 12 pounds smaller. I am so happy, and this week was not very hard at all. Obviously, I do not expect such a high loss like this every week because I am sure that a lot of it is water weight. I will keep everyone posted!! I ready to loss this weight that I have carried around with me my entire life. I am hiding beneath it.
tonyaap20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:23 AM   #4  
10SCHICK

S/C/G: 200/182/135

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations. I did not experience any weight loss on Topomax although it's done wonders for other peoples weight loss so I am just taking the Phentermine now. Well, Phentermine, Pristiq and Wellbutrin SR. I would like to know a little more about this fasting that you are talking about.
10SCHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #5  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 254.4/233.0/140

Height: 5'5

No judgment here. Just please be careful. I took Phentermine before to lose weight. It works wonderful if you can get past the insomnia. And other side effects that sometimes come. I lost ten pounds my first week on it. I had to stop because I started having chest pains and ended up in the e.r. Not all people may have the issues I did with it. I hope it works great for you
butterflygirljb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #6  
just on a journey!

S/C/G: 199/199/160

Height: 5'4

I'm taking Phentermine and Topamax currently! Not doing the fasting and not trying to lose a hundred pounds though. These two have been working WONDERS for me! :]
alexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/161/130

Height: 5'1"

I was on Topomax for a seizure disorder a few years ago. I loved the weightloss I experienced but not the side effects. Since I've been off the meds (and all seizure meds) I've gained back the weight and now it's harder to lose. Even though I have really, really changed my diet and exercise program.
EllieFunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #8  
Battling Binge Eating

S/C/G: 228/179/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

I have taken both meds. I was given topomax first as a side effect is supposed to be wieght loss, there was no weight loss whatsoever no matter how large a dose, also I had major side effects, extreme temper and mood swings, forgetfulness, skatterbrained and many other issues. I have taken phetermine with it, I lost weight the first time but as soon as I came off the phentermine I gained it back. The second time I went on phentermine, my body didn't respond to it. I am off both meds.
mainecyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:19 AM   #9  

Hi, I'm Sherry. I'm new to the boards. I've been thinking seriously about talking to my doctor about medication. My health insurance won't cover ANY weight loss meds so that is definitely a consideration in my thinking. I really can't afford $200 a month. They will cover Topamax. Luckily Phentermine is cheap. Was wondering if you took this med as the brand name med Qysmia or if you are taking Topamax and phentermine separately? If taking it separately, how do you take it (at night, in the morning, at the same time or apart, etc). I know there are side effects primarily to the Topamax. Have you had a problem?

Thanks!!

Sherry
sherrygrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/238/169

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

I a bi polar and took topomax as a mood stabilizer. I did lose weight, food and carbonated drinks tasted awful! The topomax however is known as "dopomax" because it does make you dopey. I had to quit taking it as I can't be a zombie who can't think at my job. So be careful. Obviously it didn't have long term effects for weight loss for me. Good luck
healthytobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Default A newbie here

Hi there. I am really an oldie here but now a newbie. I am also on phentermine and topomax and am doing very well. In 2 weeks I have lost 9 pounds. I decided to give up processed carbs and that has helped. I have a glass of wine at night with a nice dinner , usually fish and veggies. I have very few negative side effects. Have struggled with wt. loss for many years I am seeing this finally as it is...a chronic issue...I will be taking a small amount of phentermine possibly for a very long time..:
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #12  

Wow just realized I still have the old info on the site...have not lost any wt since this...wt a little more than where I left off ..I was on l a wt. loss before and every other diet in the world...
Old 10-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #13  

Default Questio

In my profile..does the green number mean the wt I am at now??? If so I am higher than that now
Old 11-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #14  
Michelle

S/C/G: 263/248/145

what does Topomax do? the phen/topo combination versus phen only. I'm on the phen only and only losing 6-8 pounds a month. I thought I would ask my doc about topomax but kind of scared of any drug that has to do with seizures and depression.
ranada7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:32 PM   #15  

Hi not sure if any one is still around from this thread it's been awhile but I just was searching for people who have had experience w the phentermine/topiramate combo been using them a lil over 3 weeks now think they are great goin well no appetite I don't eat much anymore eatcuz I know I have to few side effects ive noticed I do know it's short term Dr sd 12 weeks only so those that did this combo how much did u llose total and has it stayed off or once the meds were done was it over and came back I don't want that thanks any help appreciated
camscrib20 is offline   Reply With Quote