View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #54
chubbySister

S/C/G: 162/151/142

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiannaKole View Post
There are so many parties and get-togethers this time of year. It's hard to navigate it and balance enjoying yourself and staying healthy.

I have a weekend getaway with some friends from high school coming up this weekend. There will be a LOT of heavy, rich foods within reaching distance 24/7. I'm trying to plan for how to avoid most of them. I might make a couple dishes that are lighter (and that I know the calories of - I'm a calorie counter) and take them to pass.

And I weigh in on Sundays, so I definitely don't want to slip right before my first weigh in for this challenge!

Anyone have tips on staying on plan through a party weekend?

So I don't have tips to get through the weekend except to try really really hard to drink water, not go to any event starving, etc (the usual) but if you find any more, please let me know! My sister's wedding is not this weekend but next weekend, and I know I'll be confronted with lots of cake and bacon-wrapped shrimp screaming at me to be eaten!!

So I propose this: how about we make a deal. We both try to be moderate in what we eat. Obviously party weekends are meant to be enjoyed, but we can still have fun and participate in events without stuffing cake down our throats. If you try and control yourself, I'll do so as well!
chubbySister is offline   Reply With Quote