View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #2
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Marvelous Day

GOOD ROCKTOBER AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

Not much happening around here this day with me. We went out to run some errands and then stopped at our favorite Chinese place and had lunch. We will be having a light dinner.

I received an e-mail from CA that told me that our daughters memorial service will be Nov. 2 so we’ll head out there on the 30th of this month and be back here the 6th or 7th of Nov. We went by the vets and made arrangements to have the animals taken care of. They will keep Ragg Mopp and Beanie together but poor Cecil will be on his own. Poor cat gets a double whammy for he will be away from his dogs and people during that time. He is just now getting over that last trip he was down there. But it has to be what it is.

Will has the Jeep at the shop having it wired for the trailer we bought a few months ago. The trailer is one that the armed forces used and has regular sized tires not those little ones that come on the “usual” utility trailers. Anyway we want to get the Jeep wired for tail lights on the trailer before we start using it. We have gotten the hitch changed to fit the Jeep and it wired for the tail lights so now it is to get the Jeep ready to pull it. We have already had several offers to buy that trailer but we have declined them. If we ever do go full timing again or have no further use for it we know who we will sell it to. In the meantime he is welcomed to borrow it anytime when he wants to for hauling something. The guy we bought the trailer from no longer buys them form the government to resell. So there is no place around here where folks can get one so they want ours. Having our own utility trailer saves us from using a friends or renting one.

We have been working this morning removing a section of fence and installing that long gate so we can park our motor home in the back yard. I am anxious to get it home for I have stuff sitting around that I want to put into it. My set of blue speckled chrome rimmed camping “china” has arrived. I am still waiting for some other items that I ordered which will hopefully get here before we head out to CA. I f everything I have ordered doesn’t arrive then the fellow we have to pick up our mail will take care of it for us. That “fellow” is the director of the museum. A responsible man for sure. We would rather have a friend to pick up our mail than having the post office hold it. Works best for us that way.

The neighbor has a barking dog that barks incessantly all day. He got him a “bark collar” which worked great but now I think the battery has died for that dog has been barking all day and started early for the man left for work @ 4:30 this morning and the dog hasn’t stopped yet. It’s a wonder that he doesn’t get hoarse. When he gets home from work Will can mention to him to get new batteries in that thing for we would like to have a full night’s sleep. I can hear him now as I type barking and barking. He is lonely while his master is gone. It’s a good thing we can talk to our neighbors. They are the ones that spoil our dogs and cat with treats. The minute they hear the neighbor’s truck come home they are all lined up at the fence. Yep he spoils them. Condition response.

I have yakked long enough so I’ll say so long till tomorrow.

JEAN Your snow will probably last as long as our snow did the other day. Gone as quickly as it came.

SUSAN You will probably stay in the 60 degree area this day and not make the 70's ~ in my humble opinion. Thanks for starting a new thread for us to come yack on.

Have a great afternoon my Magnolia friends.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote