View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #11
Munchy

S/C/G: 129/130.4/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadorza View Post
Okay....now to my questions.

1) Do you have recipes already written out somewhere on here for all those foods you mentioned? I am not at all asking you to write them out for me, just thought it was worth asking if in the past you had already done so. (These things: cheese/cauliflower sauce, homemade burritos, squash/chicken nuggets, burgers, zucchini/turkey meatballs)
Not a problem!
Cheese/cauliflower sauce: simmer one chopped head with a bit of water, puree, stir in whatever cheese you wish, and season to taste. I take this, cool it, and put it in ice cube trays. Once it's frozen, I transfer the cubes to a labeled freezer bag. You can microwave to thaw and mix with cooked pasta for easy mac and cheese.

Squash/chicken nuggets: 1lb ground chicken mixed with 1-2 shredded yellow squash, one egg, season, and bread it with panko (I do a gluten free homemade mixture made from chex cereal and seasonings). Lightly oil your sheet pan and bake at 425 for about 15 minutes.

Zucchini/turkey meatballs: 1lb ground turkey mixed with 1-2 zucchini, one egg, breadcrumbs (we do gf), parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Lightly oil your sheet pan and bake at 425 for about 15 minutes.

Both the nuggets and meatballs freeze the same. Make sure you "unstick" them from your sheet, cool, then freeze on the sheet pan until frozen. Transfer to freezer bags. To serve, either microwave, use the toaster oven, or bake.

For burritos: Cook the filling, cool, top with cheese, then roll in high fiber flour tortillas, folding the sides in. Once rolled, put them seam side down on a cookie sheet and freeze. Once frozen, transfer to freezer bags. You can do this with basically any filling. Rice, beans, chicken, ground meat, salsa, enchilada sauce, peppers, onions, eggs, sausage, potatoes, whatever tastes good. I've even taken leftover chopped veggies mixed with rice and rolled that. You can't really go wrong Last week I made them for the boyfriend with onion pepper homefries, chopped turkey bacon, spinach, and cheese - simple breakfast portable breakfast for "grab and go."
To serve you can just microwave in a damp paper towel for 2-3 minutes, or my personal favorite is thawing them in the microwave then pan-searing for a crisp exterior. Eat plain or with added salsa, sour cream, avocado, etc.

Here's a pic!

I would say that I'm basically following a similar "simple diet" but I'm making my own freezer meals. Whatever works for you and makes your life easier is the way to go! Good luck!

Last edited by Munchy : 10-22-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote