South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 06:18 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Chirping On The Beach - October 22

Good morning - sure is dark out there for "morning". I guess we'll see a bit of improvement when the time changes the first weekend in November. Then I'll be griping about it being dark at 4:30!

The vet visit went OK yesterday. Jazz is such a charmer that they all adore him. The problem was a tick which I somehow missed. Decided to get the vaccination for Lyme disease. We were home in time to cobble together a basic financial report for the afternoon meeting. One of the directors seemed quite upset. I found out later that she was taking her dear old dog to the vet - that final journey. I went with her and we both said farewell to Buddy. (It's really hard to drive a car when you are weeping but would have been harder for her.)

I have a dental appointment at 11 this morning - I wish I'd remembered that before I did a garlicy leg of lamb last night! At three I have another meeting to discuss plans for Celebrating The Season. The Mill and cafe will be open - a great way to screw up the five Saturday nights before Christmas. Luckily I have a trip to PA and a fun sleigh ride for two of the nights.

Time for an almond milk smoothie, dishwasher emptying and towel folding. I was up before five and got things started early. I guess I'm getting back to normal.

I hope you day is just normal enough to be fun.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

When are you going to be in PA Ruth?!?! I am so sorry for your friend's loss, that is sweet of you to go with her.

This dark is difficult, isn't it? I admitted to myself, as I was bouncing off the walls at work, that I am a morning person. Shhhh...don't tell anyone.

I have a long babble in the menu thread, basically saying that getting up early does my day better, and I just feel better, and am more motivated. So, did it again today, let's see if it works!

I did have a horrible run yesterday, but at least I did it! It was an absolutely gorgeous day, and I wanted to make sure I got out on one of the last warm days. Today is a long day at work, I have no idea what is in store for me. Last night I made the meal for crock pot for supper tonight, so I don't have to worry about that.

Have a great day!
Old 10-22-2013, 06:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruthie, and those to come. Yes, it's still pitch dark here this morning, too. I'm relieved Jazz's problem was just a tick and hope he doesn't have any repercussions from it. That's so sad about Buddy, and I feel for your friend.

I was fine when I woke up yesterday, but right after I got to the farm I came down with an awful case of sneezing and sniffling that plagued me the rest of the day. I don't know whether it was allergy or a cold, but I seem to be over it this morning, thank goodness! It sure was annoying to have to grab tissues every few minutes, especially with everything I had to do!
Old 10-22-2013, 06:44 AM   #4  

Tammy!
Old 10-22-2013, 06:51 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Tammy, I will be down in PA helping you folks celebrate Thanksgiving. That way I get two!
Old 10-22-2013, 06:56 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Tammy, I will be down in PA helping you folks celebrate Thanksgiving. That was I get two!
Yes, she's missing her Tofurky fix!
Old 10-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It was a sleep in morning but a cat hair ball alarm went off at 5:30 then my cough started up so I decided to just enjoy some quiet time with coffee. Two hours later I'm behind

Ruth - Such a sad drive but I'm sure it was easier having a friend along.
Wish PA was closer! We will be in NY for T-day. DD and the SO both work in health care so that's an easier family get together than Christmas.

Tammy - I like mornings but I'm not very motivated. I just like long, quiet, coffee filled starts to the day.

Cottage - The sneezy, sniffly thing seems to be going around. If it's allergies the impending cold should take care of it. Hope today is better.

Another food storage dilemma - our favorite farm stand is having a frost sale, $.75/lb for tomatoes and $5 bags of peppers. I don't really need more but not sure I can resist one last haul. Maybe they will be sold out before I can get there this afternoon

I suppose I should get moving. I still have time to make mushroom omelets with some of my giant mushroom. Breakfast together makes a nice start to the day.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:42 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning

It's quite busy here and DH somehow got up on the wrong side of the bed. Fortunately for me he identified tired and after coffee he crawled back in.

So I have a quiet morning to myself and have been puttering around. I just finished a batch of homemade granola which he enjoys regularly and I recognize its OP but for me not am everyday food.

Work today then a meetup with electrician/drywall guys. They want a check and will start tomorrow.

Linda, glad your sneezes and sniffles didn't last.

Ruth, happy your back continues to improve.

Tammy, yay for getting up early again.

Cyndi, what a great find that mushroom was. We used to find them occasionally in Alaska.

everyone else. I see another cup of coffee in my very near future.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-22-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:18 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth. Trip to pa sounds good.
Cottage. Glad the sniffles are over
Tammy. Yea for being a morning person. I enjoy me solitude in the morning
Cyndi sounds like you have become a tomato hoarder
Debbie glad you had time to yourself

Me. I had such an off weekend. Back on board hopefully totally until the big challenge of Christmas. Been up since 6 knitting a pair of lace fingerless mitts which require concentration but this time its for moi
Take care
Sophie

Last edited by sophie; 10-22-2013 at 08:19 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cyndi (and others) - I keep thinking of you with my new breakfast, although I'm not sure of the texture of the mushroom you found. Anyways - I sautee mushrooms with thyme, then make the egg omelette, with mushroom, thyme, a touch of parmesan, and cream cheese. I was inspired by those mushroom ravioli that are so good. I really enjoy it!
Old 10-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Finally able to come back and post. Crazy busy at work as usual after being gone for a week. I just decided to hop on scale today still got 2 lbs to get off all the food I ate last week. The amount of food they feed us is unreal and I had problems not eating it, but most of the pounds are gone and I am back on track so hopefully by week back to where I was on journey.

I need to go back and catch up on threads to find out what everyone has been up to.

Ruth thanks for the reminder that I need to schedule vet appointment for shots.

Has everyone had their flu shots yet, we are required at work to get them if not we get fired unless you have medical or religious excuse to not get.

It was cold this morning, grabbed my winter coat for the commute.

Everyone here in St. Louis is excited since the Cardinals are in the World Series.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Quick fly by as I am in a missing persons training class. The material is a little dry and redundant, but a good refresher. Pearlrose, how can they force you into getting a flu shot or get fired? That seems harsh. I understand there are exceptions, but WOW!!!
Old 10-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening, ladies! Just wanted you to know I am still here and keeping up on the news even when I can't post early. I had a tough time getting up today: it was cold, dark and raining like crazy at 5:30 am. Ugh, I know it is going to get worse before it gets better!

My spaghetti squash crust is ready to be dressed so I'll sign off. (Thanks for the suggestion, Tammy)
Have a great evening, all!!

Last edited by Beth19; 10-22-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Just a fly by to say hello. Been busy working, as always. Hope everybody is doing well!
Closed Thread