Old 10-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Cold remedy?!

I'm in Phase 1 and sick. Sore throat, post-nasal drip, fever sick. My usual remedy would be cough syrup, cough drops and tylenol. The sugar-free cough syrup I found has aspartame. The sugar-free ludens throat drops seem safe (but they're not that effective). I'm tired and want to feel better. What do all of you experienced people do?
jcw1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #2  

I actually learned a long time ago that all the remedies designed to make us feel better EXTEND the length of a cold.

So, I use them as little as possible, preferring natural "intervention" instead.
Things like these:
Gargling with salt water,
using my neti pot,
homemade chicken & vegetable soup made from homemade chicken bone broth,
hot tea (when I'm sick, I make mine from ginger root) or hot lemon water,
lots of extra vitamin C and some extra D3,
as many fluids as I can push.
And then I "give in" and use Nyquil gel caps so I can sleep at nite.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #3  
IP Start Date 8.15.13

S/C/G: 346/started IP @ 311/266/169

Height: 5'9"

I had the same thing last week, I totally went with sucrets and choloroseptic for the sore throat and benedryl (Mine was allergy-related) at night. I didn't worry about the sugar amounts, just kept to my regular diet.

I like breathing WAY more than I dislike being fat. I only had .4lbs lost at the end of the week, but it was still a loss and I eased my symptoms. Now I feel fine. SO......*shrug*, it's a wash, I guess.
clbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 177.6/165.4/140

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbott View Post
I had the same thing last week, I totally went with sucrets and choloroseptic for the sore throat and benedryl (Mine was allergy-related) at night. I didn't worry about the sugar amounts, just kept to my regular diet.

I like breathing WAY more than I dislike being fat. I only had .4lbs lost at the end of the week, but it was still a loss and I eased my symptoms. Now I feel fine. SO......*shrug*, it's a wash, I guess.
YOU JUST MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD!!!! Lol. You like breathing more than you dislike being fat!!!! THAT RIGHT THERE IS AWESOME!!!!! Bahaha
I have been sick for over a week now with a cold so I feel your guy's misery and pain. No fun.
Get better all!
DJ72 is offline   Reply With Quote