View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 08:53 AM   #29
QuilterInVA

Good morning, ladies! A nippy 43 degrees this morning!

I have a quilt on my bed but I'm going to have to put a blanket under it for I woke up in the night feeling cold. Casper must have been cold, too, for he got under the quilt and went to sleep.

I hope this isn't a sign of a snowy cold winter. The leaves are falling without even having much color this year. My Cape Myrtle is already bare.

No quilting bees this week so it will be a time I can do some quilting at home. I'm also making a bag for my yoga mat. I found this fabric of frogs doing yoga poses so I'm going to incorporate that into the bag.

Jean, the farmers are harvesting cotton now. It looks like snow along the sides of the road where it falls off the trucks. There is a bumper crop this year with all the rain we had throughout the summer. A good thing because last year they lost a lot due to too much rain at harvest time. The price of cotton quilting fabric is now $12.95 and up. I'm glad I have a large fabric stash so I don't have to buy more.

Maggie, your monthly trip sounds like a nice change. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun outfitting your motor home. It's like a doll house for grownups!

Have a wonderful Monday!

HW 356 pounds - CW 138 - GW 130

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Forget Yesterday. I am, where I am. I know where I could have been, had I done what I did not do. Tell me, Friend, what I can do today, to be where I want to be tomorrow. - Sigrad
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote