Old 10-19-2013, 08:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/256/not sure

Height: 5' 2"

Default 15 pounds off. How close am I to noticing some real changes?

I've lost 15 pounds, from 297 to 282. I'm already noticing my face getting thinner. I have "divots" in my cheeks.

I know this is only a drop in the bucket at my size, but am just wondering if anybody else would share at what point they started seeing lots of changes?

Will it be at 20 pounds off, 30 off, etc.?

I know it's different for all of us. I'm just eagerly anticipating the changes, and wonder how close I am to experiencing more of them myself.
Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I didn't notice a difference until I hit 25lbs lost.

Good luck!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #3  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 318/301/155

Height: 5'10"

Like you said, it's different for everybody, but I didn't notice any changes until nowish after a 50 pound loss - and even now I can only tell in pictures, not in the mirror.
merilung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:11 AM   #4  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Heh. I am 65lbs down and don't notice. Other people claim to, and I know my clothes are falling off, but me notice in the mirror nope.

Sorry! But hey, you are noticing your face already! That's awesone
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 350/ticker/164

Height: 5'8

It took me a long time (around 65ish pounds maybe), and even now it's sometimes hard for me to see, but rest assured even if it takes awhile for you to tell every pound counts! Other people noticed well before I did and now I get comments daily from people.
HeidiNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:01 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

For me it was 40 pounds, but I think that's because I seem to gain and lose weight evenly all over (not in one specific area) so it took awhile to really see.
Frances123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #7  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

It took me about 50 lbs to get to the point that my clothes were noticeably wayyy too big and for people to notice that I'd lost a bit of weight and comment. It took 65 lbs for people to be drastically aware that I'd lost weight and ask for advice and even for me (my own harshest critic) to be in no doubt that "wow I look remarkably different." So I'd say for me 65 lbs was the magic number.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #8  
Level 5 Vegan

S/C/G: 289/171/140

Height: 5'4"

I started at 279 (HW 289+) and I didn't notice until about 50lbs. In fact, I don't think I dropped a pant size until 50lbs.
PUPMOM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #9  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

It all depends on your height, overall body shape, and where you're starting from. And some have a harder time seeing the changes for themselves no matter how drastic, so be sure to take a lot of photos along the way since it'll be easier to see the changes in them than in the mirror!

I didn't even drop a size until I lost my first 40 or so pounds! And I didn't really notice any difference yet. Changes are much more drastic and noticeable these days simply because I have a lot less to lose; 15 pounds makes a huge difference now and can even take me down a whole size, but was barely a drop in the bucket at my highest.

Last edited by Elladorine; 10-20-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #10  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

It takes awhile when you start at that weight. It was probably 50lbs for me, and then things started to feel like they were changing much faster.

The first time people started to notice really was when I dropped the big baggy stuff and started wearing more fitting things, still while I was over 200.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #11  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

I could feel some difference at 20 pounds but could feel a big difference at 30 pounds. At 50 pounds my clothes were way too big. I could not see a difference in the mirror but could when comparing photos. I highly recommend taking a picture every 10 or 15 pounds or so. It really helps me.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

Height: 5'8"

I looked back to my earlier posts to see what my first noticed changes were and it was after losing 10 lbs. I noticed when I walked my arms felt different when they brushed against my hips and my inner thighs felt different when they moved against each other. I don't wear pants ever so it was easier to notice the thigh thing for me when it may not be as easy for those who wear pants. Also it was during those 1st 10 lbs I would notice my tummy area felt differently every single morning.. I realized it was the emptiness I was feeling. Before that I ate so much that I'd wake up still feeling a fullness in that area.
I had to lose more to notice in other places.. I can't remember when it was but one day I looked down at my arm and noticed it looked thinner.. especially my wrist area. So all that day I would look at my arm like I'd never seen it before LOL.. A few times during this journey when I look in the mirror I do double takes.. Surprised that's me. LOL
You will notice so many changes along the way. Keep up the good work!!

Last edited by Only Believe; 10-20-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Only Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 297/256/not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Believe View Post
I looked back to my earlier posts to see what my first noticed changes were and it was after losing 10 lbs. I noticed when I walked my arms felt different when they brushed against my hips and my inner thighs felt different when they moved against each other. I don't wear pants ever so it was easier to notice the thigh thing for me when it may not be as easy for those who wear pants. Also it was during those 1st 10 lbs I would notice my tummy area felt differently every single morning.. I realized it was the emptiness I was feeling. Before that I ate so much that I'd wake up still feeling a fullness in that area.
I had to lose more to notice in other places.. I can't remember when it was but one day I looked down at my arm and noticed it looked thinner.. especially my wrist area. So all that day I would look at my arm like I'd never seen it before LOL.. A few times during this journey when I look in the mirror I do double takes.. Surprised that's me. LOL
You will notice so many changes along the way. Keep up the good work!!
Thank you for all the replies. The one above is the one I most identify with right now.

It was so weird the day I happened to catch a glimpse of my face in the mirror from another angle and noticed that there were "divots" along my jawbone/cheek area. I haven't had that in ages!

I'm also feeling like I'm much smaller now in my belly, even though I'm not yet. I attribute that to losing some bloat, most likely.
Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

Height: 5'8"

There are so many more things I could have mentioned. I wish I had wrote them down as I discovered each new difference in my body. That is something you may want to do. I hope you took before photos. I did and I see major differences in the before and now photos. My eyes look bigger, my lips look fuller, my face is so much thinner, I'm seeing a more normal jawline now.. Losing chins LOL I'm seeing sort of like dimples when I smile.. haven't had those is years.. I've lost 6 inches on my hips. I can't wear the before clothes now. Too big! LOL Enjoy all those changes that are coming your way...
I've been told by 2 different family members that they didn't recognize me at first, and everyone is noticing now that I've lost weight. I'm smiling as I type this.. Thanks for this tread. It's made me realize how much happier I am now.
Only Believe is offline   Reply With Quote