Old 10-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default For all you coffee lovers......

Just have to share this...

After I've had what is probably since doing IP what is considered "enough" of the fully leaded ....Must admit to using k-cup decaf a lot during the day!!!...esp in the winter when I want/need a hot beverage. The smell is euphoric to me. My parents were big coffee drinkers and we grew up smelling fresh coffee all day...and it was a sign of love and hospitality to stop and brew a pot of fresh coffee when anyone stopped by. Small town...that happens a lot!

I guess there are WORSER things to still be addicted to! And yes, like it black most of the time, fortunately.

Some mornings, for me, it would be nice to really have-cuppa-java for real with you all!
Cheers!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...ef=mostpopular
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #2  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

I read this and I LOVE IT, sitting here with my most yummy coffee. :-)
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #3  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Love it, especially the smarter part lol! Raising my cup cheers.
CrystalWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #4  

Default Pumpkin Spice Latte --- as a restricted treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2lose View Post
I read this and I LOVE IT, sitting here with my most yummy coffee. :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalWolf View Post
Love it, especially the smarter part lol! Raising my cup cheers.
OH GOOD!! Then we are sort of having coffee together!

BTW...Pumpkin Spice Lattes....Coffee talk thread on that a while back had me trying a few things...it is the one thing I do to my coffee in the fall as a treat and it is pure indulgence...

Tried the Target Pumpkin Spice ground coffee...eh...kind of weak...tried making it stronger..adding cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice to it...still mostly unsatisfying. Just was not feeling it was a good substitute...just lacking after trying it the first time.

Then tried the "GNC lean" shake in the Pumpkin Spice flavor...way tooooo sweeeet.....for me. Bletch! Tried adding it as a creamer...OK getting better....Found this proportioning works for me:

PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE:
The shakes are 14 oz. Make 2 eight ounce cups of strong decaf coffee....adding some instant decaf while its piping hot. Pour the coffee and 1 whole shake into a pitcher and stir. Refrigerate the entire 30 OZ. It is 170 cals, 50 of fat (x 3=150) so the whole thing meets the definition of a restricted item. Now you get to reheat and enjoy 3 cups of Pumpkin Spice Latte during the day....it is my "snack". No different than taking a Quest bar and dividing it into bite sized pieces! Can have one mid AM...Mid to late PM and again at bedtime!

Enjoy .... all you coffee nuts and esp the ones who used to indulge in the Starbucks variety this time of year!! I suspect you could do this hot or cold with the french vanilla and the chocolate for vanilla latte or a mocha java latte!
Old 10-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #5  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

I love having coffee with everyone this morning and I love that article!

Sitting here having my first cup of coffee this morning - one of 2 I allow everyday (ok, sometimes I sneak in a 3rd if I really want it). That's down from the 8-10 I was doing before starting IP.

I've never been a fan of decaf, but I might have to look into some now that colder weather is here.

I've never been a big fan of lattes, etc. or even Starbucks (heresy I know when I live in Seattle) but my sis and I have a tradition of going holiday shopping and stopping for an eggnog latte (my one latte of the year). I'll just have regular coffee this year but I think I saw an eggnog recipe somewhere that I may have to try.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #6  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

65X65, CrystalWolf, Slow2lose and all other coffee lovers unite - I'm raising my cup and cheers to you! Love this post and I heart Coffee so much.

Interesting clip & read 65, thanks for the post. Glad to be a fellow coffee drinker and yes, I am an addict, it's a soothing ritual that I enjoy very much. Love the picture you painted 65X65; what a nice memory.

Cheers again to coffee time

Last edited by KareVT; 10-20-2013 at 09:12 AM.
KareVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #7  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

My Every Morning Coffee (only 50 calories and 5g protein)

1 large mug of Organic Decaf Coffee (basket drip through)
1/4 cup Organic Fat-Free Milk (gives a bit of body ... and softens the whole thing down)
1 heaping tsp. IP Chocolate Drink mix (gotta have protein and chocolate!)
2 dashes of Cayenne Pepper (just a kick of cayenne to wake you up)
1 tsp Saigon Cinnamon (this is spicy and hot and sweet!)
2 packets Organic Stevia in the Raw

This is like a meal in a mug and kills my appetite for a good 4 hours.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 10-20-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
65X65, CrystalWolf, Slow2lose and all other coffee lovers unite - I'm raising my cup and cheers to you! Love this post and I heart Coffee so much.

Interesting clip & read 65, thanks for the post. Glad to be a fellow coffee drinker and yes, I am an addict, it's a soothing ritual that I enjoy very much. Love the picture you painted 65X65; what a nice memory.

Cheers again to coffee time
LOL! Gotta love a fellow addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I love having coffee with everyone this morning and I love that article!

Sitting here having my first cup of coffee this morning - one of 2 I allow everyday (ok, sometimes I sneak in a 3rd if I really want it). That's down from the 8-10 I was doing before starting IP.

I've never been a fan of decaf, but I might have to look into some now that colder weather is here.

I've never been a big fan of lattes, etc. or even Starbucks (heresy I know when I live in Seattle) but my sis and I have a tradition of going holiday shopping and stopping for an eggnog latte (my one latte of the year). I'll just have regular coffee this year but I think I saw an eggnog recipe somewhere that I may have to try.
Hmmm.....Forgot I like that occasionally too....Maybe french vanilla or EAS Cafe Carmel with NUTMEG !!!
Avalon...for some reason system won't let me triple quote this AM...But yours sounds like a winner...YUMMMM! And an appetite suppressant! Good idea since apparently cold weather ramps one's appetite...read that somewhere recently ...a leftover from our caveman ancestors!
Old 10-20-2013, 10:14 AM   #9  
Just doin' it!

S/C/G: 176/153/135

Height: 5'3"

Coffee Lover here! I love it black but in the afternoon's I have been grabbing a cup of decaf and mixing a cappuccino packet with it. Feels like something I shouldn't be having and ohhhh so good!!
airportchick11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #10  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I have had a frappe made with chocolate protein powder, coffee, cinnamon, and sea salt almost every morning on IP. I miss this since starting P3, but still have a big cuppa Joe, black! The smell of coffee brewing makes my mouth water!
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 233/signature/150

Height: 5'4"

Living in the south Ina small town, I can definitely relate to brewing coffee all day as company comes through. My family also owned a small diner and we had a round table where the locals came in and drank coffee all morning long.
I'm also a huge keurig fan and get the green mountain pumpkin spice coffee YUMMY!! I mix it with either a little lean 25 pumpkin spice shake or cappuccino pkt. That is my morning breakfast and it is oh so yummy, nothing quit like the smell of coffee in the morning.
Misstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misstiff View Post
Living in the south Ina small town, I can definitely relate to brewing coffee all day as company comes through. My family also owned a small diner and we had a round table where the locals came in and drank coffee all morning long.
I'm also a huge keurig fan and get the green mountain pumpkin spice coffee YUMMY!! I mix it with either a little lean 25 pumpkin spice shake or cappuccino pkt. That is my morning breakfast and it is oh so yummy, nothing quit like the smell of coffee in the morning.

Haven't tried the Green Mtn P-spice K-cups...but on your recommendation... they are on the groc list NOW! Saw them in the stores for a while now.

Will try anything .... since coffee is a much better vice for me these days and always on my short list. Much better than wine...which is going to always be on the long list for me now! Fortunately my IP place has not inflicted any coach rules about coffee...Have read that some places limit how much. Do switch to decaf at some point in the day though!
Thx!
Old 10-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post

1/4 cup Organic Fat-Free Milk (gives a bit of body ... and softens the whole thing down)

Avalon...who makes the Saigon Cinnamon? We usually use McCormick's spices because they are certified GF...(Most spices have anti-caking agents added to them which prevents clumping...but often it is a non-specified, undeclared (because it changes batch to batch depending on what the generic product of the moment is available) food starch.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 160/tracker/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post

This is my kinda of recipe.
I splurged and got a coffee latte machine. You put milk (I put Vanilla IP) in the carafe, add nutmeg/ cinnamon, the put coffee and water in top section. So it whisks milk in the carafe while coffee dripping into the carafe from the top. You end up have a huge cup of whisked latte according to your taste.
I also compared the nutrition info of org skim milk and org almond milk. Almond milk beats cow hands down on calories and, most importantly, carbs. so now I use 2 teaspoons of org almond milk.
masenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #15  

Height: 5'4"

Love, love, love that I'm not the only coffee fanatic on IP

My favourite part of the day is after supper when I brew myself a Tim Horton's (yes, I'm Canadian, eh?!) decaf on my Keurig, black and enjoy it with my snack - a cookie dough swirl bar or a double chocolate brownie, yum!

I was one who loved Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte and soon, the Gingerbread Latte, neither of which can be made "skinny" because Starbuck's doesn't stock the sugar-free versions of the syrups but I ordered the sugar-free versions online and will be making my own this year with IP RTD vanilla drink and coffee. It's getting to that time of year here where it's chilly so a nice warm coffee is the best!

Jo
PurpleMomster is offline   Reply With Quote