View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #4
65X65

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Pumpkin Spice Latte --- as a restricted treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2lose View Post
I read this and I LOVE IT, sitting here with my most yummy coffee. :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalWolf View Post
Love it, especially the smarter part lol! Raising my cup cheers.
OH GOOD!! Then we are sort of having coffee together!

BTW...Pumpkin Spice Lattes....Coffee talk thread on that a while back had me trying a few things...it is the one thing I do to my coffee in the fall as a treat and it is pure indulgence...

Tried the Target Pumpkin Spice ground coffee...eh...kind of weak...tried making it stronger..adding cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice to it...still mostly unsatisfying. Just was not feeling it was a good substitute...just lacking after trying it the first time.

Then tried the "GNC lean" shake in the Pumpkin Spice flavor...way tooooo sweeeet.....for me. Bletch! Tried adding it as a creamer...OK getting better....Found this proportioning works for me:

PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE:
The shakes are 14 oz. Make 2 eight ounce cups of strong decaf coffee....adding some instant decaf while its piping hot. Pour the coffee and 1 whole shake into a pitcher and stir. Refrigerate the entire 30 OZ. It is 170 cals, 50 of fat (x 3=150) so the whole thing meets the definition of a restricted item. Now you get to reheat and enjoy 3 cups of Pumpkin Spice Latte during the day....it is my "snack". No different than taking a Quest bar and dividing it into bite sized pieces! Can have one mid AM...Mid to late PM and again at bedtime!

Enjoy .... all you coffee nuts and esp the ones who used to indulge in the Starbucks variety this time of year!! I suspect you could do this hot or cold with the french vanilla and the chocolate for vanilla latte or a mocha java latte!
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote