View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #26
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Simply Saturday

GOOD ROCKTOBER AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

The snow we got yesterday went away very quickly but not before I did get to look out and see a white yard. Seems a little early for snow but what do I know. The temperature today is said not to get any higher than the 60°s. The dogs and cat love it for they are all outside laying on the grass.

The new gal that did my hair did a job as good as the one I used to have do my hair who is no longer there. The gal that used to do my hair was the owner and sold it and is setting up a place in her home to do hair. When she gets it all set up we will go there to get our hair done probably since we are two of the ones she gave personal invitations to come to her home.

The gal that did my hair yesterday and I got to talking about coffee and we both like ours hot. I told her what kind of coffee drinking container I have and she wants one so I took the catalogue to her that I got mine from. It has remained as the best one to keep the beverage hot longer than any other on the market says the catalogue that searches for the “best” of what it sells. For those of us that like our coffee hot it is the best container to have in my humble opinion. It also keeps ice for hours also.

I received the RV clothes dryer and am anxious to give it a try. I think I will wait to try it out after I receive the washer I have on order. We have it figured out where to park the MH in the back yard and it will just take removing some of the fencing and replacing it with a gate and placing some boards down to park it on until we can get a slab poured. It is a pretty level part of the back yard and won’t take much removal to make it truly level. Even though our friends say we can leave it at their house we would rather have it here so we can do what we want to it more conveniently. So as soon as we can get the yard fixed for it we can go get it and bring it home. I can put the items that I have ordered to go in it in their proper places.

I saw something disgusting in the Wal*Mart parking lot yesterday. A tall thin young man had his pants belted tight around his legs below his bottom so they would not slip further off down his legs. I certainly do hope this does not catch on and becomes the style of the day. His black undershorts were pulled up to his waist. For sure he is a definite negative attention seeker. It reminded me of those pictures that circulated around the internet awhile back about Wal*Mart shoppers in various stages of dress or undress as it was in many cases. Some folks just don’t care what they look like while out in the public eye and others love the shock value they glean from being outrageous.

I have a nice lean piece of sirloin meat in the crock pot with a packet of dry onion soup spread over the top with some garlic powder mixed in. It should all be ready come dinner time. I will make some green beans and mashed potatoes to go with it and some more of those delicious peaches. I do so love fresh fruit. I just finished a cup of chicken broth soup for my lunch and it felt so good going down.

JEAN Hope you had a good time running errands. I have a stack of books I plan on reading that belong to Will and they are some of my favorite authors. The one I am just starting is by Robert Crais, Taken and is an uncorrected proof for limited distrubition. The author may make changes before it goes to press. Crais is the master of crime fiction and I love reading his works.

Have a great afternoon my Magnolia friends.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote