View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #35
Riestrella
From Hippo to Hot!

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Welcome newcomers!!

I'm going to my friends tonight, they're eaters suffice to say...so I'm going to try my best not to over indulge. One of the friends is annoyingly thin and naturally so, so I always feel a bit of a hippo in comparison. I know, it's bad to compare to other people, especially since she's a slender body type whereas I'm a curvy hour glass shape. I guess my body type is considered just as attractive as the slender physique but still.

Recently the weather has gotten chillier, which is great for my mood (reminds me of my native land!) but I've whipped out the ol' jeans and I've been HORRIFIED that I can no longer fit into them comfortably =(. I have an awful muffin top and my stomach, which can only be described as a gut now, hangs over the waist band. To conceal all awful pudginess I have to pull them over my stomach, but because my stomach is bigger it's really uncomfortable to wear them this way! Arghhh! It has given me a new sense of focus to lose weight, I want to fit into my clothes again!!!

In other news I will no longer be assistant directing on the film. Long story short, my work messed up and said yes to time off when it should have been a no, so I had to drop out. While I'm disappointed I am trying to stay positive and consider it a chance to train harder for my 10K. I would have been taking a 2 week break from it for the film but now I've got 2 extra week to kick some arse!

---

Hoopty - I see! It's crazy because I've always been overweight so my goal weight is simply based on BMI. Ahh the muffin top, it's haunting me these days since I've gained a little back. Surprising you had one considering how light you were though! Yeah, you'll definitely be heavier if you're lifting! I've seen pictures of girls looking fit and toned but 10-15 lbs heavier than their lightest weight. Yeah, I'm pretty psyched to run with my Mum. I hope she's still up for it!
Good luck with your planned cheat day! Moderation is key =)
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote