South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 06:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Fab and Fit Friday SBD Chat for 10/18

Happy Friday! My favorite day of the week!

I'm sipping my coffee and hoping it chases the slight soreness in my throat away. I have my appointment for my flu shot this morning and sure don't want to have to cancel it! Plus, I have a lot going on this weekend and don't have time to nurse a cold.

Dad is having his procedure to scrape his carotid artery this morning, so I'll head straight to the hospital after my appointment to see how he's doing. Tomorrow is my DD's birthday and I'm planning to spend the day with her, and Sunday will be spent taking Dad food shopping if he's feeling up to it.

Wow, I just saw Denver on the news and the snowstorm they're having right now. Be careful, Debbie!

How's everyone else doing this morning?
Old 10-18-2013, 07:02 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

No scratchy throat here so I feel pretty fit, if not fab. Suddenly have an overbooked day so need to coffee-up, get dressed and lug the garbage to the road. It's raining now - and will for the whole weekend - not my favourite kind of day to lug out trash. Still very dark too! I guess it's too early to gripe about winter, right? Poor Denver and our Debbie with snow!

Will be thinking of you and Dad today, Linda. He's pretty tough so all should be well. Do enjoy the BD weekend with La M and the Pixie. I wish I could join you.

Aside from all the stuff I need to get done today, "Billy" the exterminator guy is supposed to come to rid me of my wasp problem. I'm not sure if he'll come in the rain - at least they'll all be snuggled home in their nest when they go to that Big Bzzt Heaven in the sky.

Jazz is putting his paws on me lap asking for cuddles. I really have been neglecting my sweeties while the back has been bad. Guess we'll have a cuddle on the couch before I take out the trash.

Enjoy your TGIF, Chickies, and cuddle somebody today.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Linda up the vitamin C and Zinc to ward off a cold. Not like it worked for me lol. I have a horrendous cough. Thinking of your dad today. Hopefully he will feel much better and be home soon. Happy Birthday to DD.

Ruth it is quite cool, dreary and breezy here a perfect morning for coffee and pups. I type, drink my coffee and smoothie with one hand. The other is reserved for Coconut and my left foot is stroking Mick's back. Talk about multi tasking lol

Sent DS off to his community service project with a full belly of pancakes and sausage. Not like a teenager's belly is ever full He is volunteering as a teacher's aide at a school for "troubled youths." He is working with the 5th grade and does enjoy being called Mr. Kelly.

Tomorrow we are up and out before sunrise picking up DS GF and her dad. We are off to SUNY Delhi for their open house. Should be a long, fun day. Then back to work Sunday. Maybe I won't be coughing so much by then.

Oh well only thing on today's agenda is the nap I missed out on yesterday and vacuuming. Have a great day
Old 10-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jennifer, skip the vacuuming and go for the nap! Just had my second coffee with my furries, Disney with her front end on my lap and Jazz snuggled in as close as he could be on the other side. They seem to need more petting on rainy mornings but it is a good way to start the day. Now for the trash!
Old 10-18-2013, 07:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

Jenn- Happy belated birthday!

All this cold talk! Mine has left my throat and planted itself firmly in my nose. The good news is that maybe Sudafed decreases my appetite I'm working out with my mom and trainer this morning, tissues in hand. I work the closing shift tonight. New neighbors moved in yesterday so I'm having DH bake brownies, which will tempt me less than anything I'd bake, and we'll see if we can welcome them to the neighborhood.

Have a great day.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I sleep in until 7:16 (!! ~ probably because I was awake from 4-5), and y'all get chatty on me! You're a busy group on a Friday morning!

Cottage, hope you feel better and it's not a cold coming on. Prayers for your daddy and his scraping!

Ruth, glad the dogs are gettin' a little lovin' . Don't wear yourself out!

Jennifer, Ick, glad I'm not around you!! Do you feel better despite sounding so nasty?

Jenn - Happy Belated Birthday!

Karen, can you work with Sudafed on board? They'd think I was the dingiest person ever, it makes me so spaced!

I have the morning off, and the kids are off school today as well. So we have things to do at home, and then maybe a few errands. Then off to work . I have a somebody next to me on the couch right now, so I'm being nice .
Old 10-18-2013, 08:01 AM   #7  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Goodmorning

Linda hoping all goes well with your dad and enjoy your dd

Ruth cuddling doggies is great. I still miss mine after 10 years

Jen. Takes care of yourself first

Karen. Wow exercising with a cold. Nice to know people still welcome new neighbours

Twynn. Busy morning and day. Hope you get a chance to relax

I am off this morning to a very multicultural market (kensington market) haven't been there for years. Should be fun
Take care
Sophie
Old 10-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ruth nap won may follow up with an afternoon siesta.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!

Well it snowed pretty hard but it's already sunny and melting. Kirk and I were at the project at 6am home by 930. I was going to Denver but now the electrician is coming up. Since I can't miss him I invited DD and the baby to come up here. Guess I need to go and vacuum/mop the downstairs.

Happy Friday!
Old 10-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy late afternoon, chicks. Just stopping by to read the news before I head out again to a Pampered Chef party.
Well wishes to those fighting colds and to your Dad as well, Cottage.
Ruth, I'm trying to remember it is too early to complain about the weather. We did have a couple weeks of beautiful fall weather but the long range forecast is pretty gross!

Need to get an OP snack before I go to the party. I WILL RESIST the desserts!!
Have a great evening everyone!
Closed Thread