Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/225/120

Height: 5'0

Default Anyone been on Weight Watchers

Okay so I tried Weight Watcher for about a month. Initially losing 3.1 lbs but gained it back because it was difficult for me to follow. Anyway I went on Weight Watchers because I have Binge Eating Disorder and also struggle to exercise regularly. Anyway I went on it because my therapist who I'm considering switching from said it would good for binge eaters and semi-vegetarians like me. I tried keeping a food journal and just got literately tired of it Anyway, I also was told indirectly through one of Kati Morton's Youtube channels that WW is actually not good for binge eaters because it just treats the symptom, and doesn't address the problem.

I'm limited to the help I can get because I'm on Medicare and SSDI and in the state of Virginia, especially in the small rural region I live in, I'm only allowed by law to see either Clinical Social Workers or Clincal Psychologist. I've tried the ones at my college but they all suck and I have limited session with them. What options do I have for this kind of help?
PrincessKLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

That's a hard one! I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. I'm in much the same boat with my binge eating! I'm not sure if you will like support groups or if they would be helpful enough because they are not led by professional counselors, but you may want to try. They have live or online meetings in many states. Check out the website for either Eating Disorders Anonymous or Overeater's Anonymous, which is designed like the 12 steps of AA. If nothing else, one of these may give you support and maybe you'll find local people who have better advice for you. Best of luck.
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/225/120

Height: 5'0

Is OA like Christian based and you said NOT led by certified counselors?
PrincessKLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:08 AM   #4  
i lost my head awhile ago

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2

I think OA is at least God based. According to one of their Twelve Traditions:
Quote:
For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority — a loving God as He may express Himself in our group conscience. Our leaders are but trusted servants; they do not govern.
So yeah, no OA for me. I did WW, but I always seemed to falter and give up, plus not having the extra cash for the monthly fee.
Mori M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 157/155/140

Height: 5'6"

I tired WW also and after 6 months lost 12 lbs but after I stopped I gained it all back and have to start again. Realllly ticked off with myself. I am going to try Southbeach and see if that works. It's hard when I'm not the one who cooks and he loves cheese and grains.

Keeping track is also a pain in the butt, but from what I have been reading some people find it helpful.

I don't think there is a right answer for everyone .... I have to find mine also.
wantochange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #6  
i lost my head awhile ago

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2

^that's true. Tracking was actually the worst part of it, because I'm a scatter brain and can not keep up with specifics or details.
Mori M is offline   Reply With Quote