View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 06:46 PM   #19
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful not so windy Wednesday

GOOD ROCKTOBER AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

We havenít headed out to CA yet for that state is dragging itís feet. She wanted to be cremated and placed in the corner of my motherís grave and they wonít allow that. My suggestion is to place her in a urn and sprinkle her ashes in one of her favorite places like up at the cabin for instance. I have two sisters that were sprinkled up there. Anyway until things can be sorted out we will just stay here until they let us know when the service will be held. They know it will take us a few days to get there so they will surely take that into consideration when they set a date. I imagine we will probably head to CA on the coming Monday but what I think maybe not be in their time frame. We will just have to wait and see. As far as how I feel about Triciaís passing is that she is in a much better place for she has suffered for many years since her accident when she was a teen. What the doctors told us in years past made us amazed, quite frankly, that she lived as long as she did. She has some wonderful friends that are taking care of all the arrangements out there. We got all packed and ready to leave this morning and I am not going to unpack everything. Thank you gals for your kind words for our loss. We are happy that she is in a better place and saddened that she is gone. It will be good for the animals to have some time at home before being put back in prison. Yep we will take Cecil there also once again after we re-thought what might happen to him left alone at home.

We got the top rack installed on the Jeep and that didnít turn out so well for the wind whistling through it was so loud it gave us both headaches on our outing today. Will has the Jeep back in the shop to have it removed. None of the reviews that we read said this would happen so Will is going to write one. They probably do work better on a hard top but we love our rag top. We drove about a 100 miles to a Olive Garden restaurant and had that lovely salad and one of their small white pizzas which we split. We plan on going to that city at least once a month and eating at a good restaurant. Next it will be Chiliís then the Red Lobster. There are other stores there that we can get products from that we canít get here so it will be a fun outing for sure. In a craft shop we picked up a huge beautiful snowflake that will be lovely hanging in a front window.

SUSAN I was jazzed to find that washer and dryer. They are making such neat things for small places like trailers, motor homes and college dorm rooms nowdays. The large type washer/dryer combos are really nice but we really don't want to give up that closet space and these little things can be stored easily in an outside compartment. I do so love fresh towels. It is in the high 50's here today and we are going to get some rain.

JEAN I had to laugh about your tooth brushes. We also get new ones every 6 months and don't use them for we prefer our electronic brushes. We do have one in our travel bags and they get replaced before they ever do really need to. They make good little scrubbers also for places in the bathroom or kitchen. I like to use them on the faucets especially. The small tubes of tooth paste are great to have in the travel bags.

Have a great afternoon my Magnolia friends.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote