View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
karimack

Default Any Current Optifast Users Out There?

Hi everyone.

I've just finished my 3rd week on Optifast and am hoping to find others using it too so we can share and encourage each other.

To give you some of my Optifast journey ... I lost 7 lbs the first week and was thrilled! I haven't lost one pound in my second or third week. I'm beyond baffled as I haven't cheated at all. That said, I was only having 3 of the shakes per day rather than 5 and added some exercise. My doctor is hoping that the lack of weight loss has to do with not taking in enough protein. I'll push to have all 5 shakes every day going forward and keep the water intake as it should be. I still have hope but would love to see that scale move!

I've been fortunate not to have many cravings nor to miss food as much as I thought I would. I have been having one meal per week on Saturdays. These meals follow the food plan outlined by the doctor for those on the modified Optifast diet so not like a cheat day where I go crazy, just one day a week where I can enjoy a meal with my family; although until I get past this no loss business, I'll likely skip that meal and stick exclusively to the shakes.

Hoping to hear from someone out there soon!
karimack is offline   Reply With Quote