Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 03:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default November Boot Camp

Come on in! This thread is not for the faint of heart. This challenge thread is for those who want to make a commitment to setting goals, formulating plans to achieve those goals, and just plain work your butt off!

Set the goals of your choice. Pick a diet plan of your choice. Pick the exercise of your choice. Pick the method of accountability of your choice whether its a food journal, personal coach or Fitday.

Its a fact that if your set your goals, make a personal commitment to achieving those goals, and are personally acountable each day, you will be much closer to achieving what you want than if you just flounder through unfocused on a daily basis.

That's what this thread is all about. Its about being focused. No whining, no griping, no negative stuff. Bad days happen and in boot camp we just pick ourselves up and move on.

State your goals and how you're going to achieve these goals and lets be able to post positive results on October 31st.

Be realistic and join in at any time.

And let's HAVE FUN!

Old 11-02-2003, 03:09 PM   #2  

Let's rock and roll! We have only a few weeks left of the year. We can kick butt and make some progress. Let's get to the end of the year lighter and lovlier as my WW leader would say.

Let's do this!

I'll be back with my goals.
Old 11-02-2003, 06:21 PM   #3  
jro

Hello - i'm relatively new around here and the boot camp idea (accountability and responsibility to and for myself) is what I need (along with a swift kick in the rear )

3 goals for this month-
a) Watch portion sizes - think of what I would want my child to learn healthy eating is so he/she does not struggle thru life the way I have.
b) drink minimum of 100 oz of water daily.
c) follow exercise schedule without fail - NO EXCUSES !!!
Monday, Wednesday, Friday - Gym for 30 - 45 minutes of weights and 30 - 45 minutes of bike, treadmill, elipical trainer, or whatever
Tuesday - Pilates at the gym
Thursday, Saturday & Sunday - minimum of 20 minutes of sustained physical activity of any kind - incorporate exercise into everyday life.
Old 11-03-2003, 07:20 AM   #4  

Hi Jro!

Okay, my goals for the month are:

1. Keep up on my water intake. At least 3 liters a day.

2. Plan the weekly meals and grocery shop ahead of time (this is one of our downfalls that leads to poor eating).

3. Exercise - Toning and stretching in the A.M. 20 minutes on the Airdyne in the A.M. Walk a mile at lunch weather permitting. Tae Bo in the evenings 3 times a week. Walk the dog for 1.5 miles at night.

My end result is to have hit my 10% weight loss which is a total loss of 27 (only 5.6 to go). My ultimate goal for the year of 2003 is to have lost 30 pounds.

Let's work hard bootcampers!
Old 11-03-2003, 10:35 AM   #5  

I worked hard in the October month but my weight is up4 pounds. I didn't watch my food intake as good as I should. But on the other hand I don't eat all that bad doubt I do over 1800 cal , most days 1500.
1. record my food intake
2. use my walking cd and walk outside
3. no food after 7 p.m. unless blood sugar is low.
4 think positive that I can do this.
5 8 pounds of by the new year.
6. Watch my food plan as given to me by the doctor.
Old 11-06-2003, 07:52 AM   #6  

Hello bootcampers!

I've got three great food days going. I'm well withing my allotted WW points. I've been working in extra water as planned. I just haven't felt into exercise this week. We've had a big weather change and I'm not sure if its that giving me the blahs or if its a cold/allergy/sinus thing. It sure has left me feeling like laying up on the couch covered with a blanket.

Hope you're all doing well within your plan. Keep it up!
Old 11-09-2003, 06:26 PM   #7  
this time I mean it!!!

S/C/G: 355/336.2/190

Height: 5' 8"

Default I'm in!!!

Been on vacation the past week, and I vowed while I was away from work, I'd stay away from ALL computers.

Anyway, here are my goals for November:

1. Weight - 262 - that's a 7 pound loss
2. Cardio 6x week
3. Weight Training 4x a week
4. FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS - don't let thanksgiving derail me!

As always I'll be tracking via Diet Power. I'm doing well so far considering vacation is usually when I just sit on the couch and stuff my face - I've worked out 7 of the 9 days of this month so far, and as of this morning I'm 4 pounds from my goal of 262 - but there's a lot of month left (and a food holiday) between me and 262.

psm
Old 11-11-2003, 07:30 AM   #8  

Great job Pam! You are really kicking butt!

I'm back on track foodwise. I'm having trouble getting exercise started again since the weather change.

Today will be the day!
Old 11-11-2003, 09:56 AM   #9  
this time I mean it!!!

Terri - I know what you mean about having trouble getting motivated to exercise now that it's chilly out....the days I don't work with the Evil Trainer, I REALLY have to force myself to get my butt into the gym.

Did well yesterday on food and water, and did my cardio and worked with the Evil Trainer. So that's TWO days in a row that I've followed my plan for the week.

psm
Old 11-12-2003, 07:30 AM   #10  

Good job Pam!

Yesterday was another good food day. TOM is finally here so I should be shedding a few pounds of hormone bloat. I did get in more exercise yesterday - walked the dog twice.

Tonight is going to be a long day. Not enough sleep thanks to DH's lingering cold, then church class after work. If DH doesn't come to take me to lunch after his DR appt, I will walk a mile at lunch. I'll also walk the dog for 1.5 miles tonight after church class.

Have a great day!
Old 11-12-2003, 09:24 AM   #11  
this time I mean it!!!

I SWEAR the Evil Trainer is trying to kill me! He totally kicked my butt last night...is it wrong that I hope he works me just as hard tonight???

psm
Old 11-13-2003, 07:44 AM   #12  

Pam - good job on sticking with the evil trainer. You're doing so awesome.

Yesterday, food was so-so. I was over somewhat but not totally out of control. I did make time between work and church class to get on the treadmill. I made myself do a jog/walk/jog session. It felt great. My goal over the winter is to get to be able to jog a mile on the treadmill. I then walked the evil dog when I got home from church. He's big enough that he doesn't care that its cold - he loves it even more!

Have a great day!
Old 11-13-2003, 10:11 AM   #13  
this time I mean it!!!

I don't know about the awesome part....been working my *** off this month - I SWEAR I've been about as close to perfect with the food, water, AND exercise as is humanly possible for me to get, and yet STILL every morning for the past week the number on the scale is higher...*grumble* So now I'm fighting the voices that are telling me to screw it all and go get a pizza and ice cream....

psm
Old 11-16-2003, 08:12 PM   #14  

The weekend goes much to quickly.

I did well with food for a change. No major stupid attacks. I cleaned the garage yesterday so that was my activity. Today, I did walk/jog on the treadmill at 2 min internvals for 14 mins. Its a start. I then went out and walked the dog.

I can't hardly believe the month is already half over. But there is still half left! Lots of time to keep working hard towards our goals.

Closed Thread