Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #1  

Default Meal Plans and Exercise (medifast, IP, etc...)

Okay, I know that I should pick a diet already. I've been losing on healthy eating, but I'd really like a mostly prepackaged plan. I'll be in college, so it would be really helpful.

I want results, and medifast/IP really seems to give them to people. But, I'd also really like to get in shape. I know that becomes a lot harder with medifast/IP because of the low calories.

Does anyone have any reccommendations of pre-packaged plans that get Medifast/IP worthy results but aren't hurt by exercise?

Thank you!!

(I love this forum and all the support it gives, I seriously just lurk for hours and tear up at how everyone advocates for each other )
livandletgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

I started exercising 6 months before going on a diet. I did Medifast and continued to work out. I do Jillian Michaels. On Medifast I kept my calories around 1100-1200 to be on the safe side. I switched to IP and did the same, but IP was too low in carb for me, so I had to give it up. I think it is best not to do intense cardio in combination with any low carb diet. Strength is fine, though you may not build muscles, just maintain what you have. I did build some on Medifast, but I started from zero.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 148/128/108

Height: 5ft. 2in.

I hope you found your way to a good plan for you..I have been doing ITG Diet with a friend who was doing it while training for a marathon..she had to juggle what she ate and eat more food to accommodate her bodies energy needs but was able stick to the plan, lose and reach her goal. It gives me hope as I am fighting with my last 20 lbs and like to play tennis.
jray1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/151/142

Height: 5'6

I started IP 2.5 weeks ago and have been exercising regularly. I exercised before starting the diet and was a bit concerned I wouldn't be able to continue, but I've been fine! I've been doing my normal workouts (kickboxing, running, spin, circuit training classes, etc). My coach suggested having an extra shake for each day I work out, but I've noticed that I only need the extra shake if I'm doing a heavy strength workout or like a circuit training class. Good luck with whatever you decide!
chubbySister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:46 PM   #5  
Rip City Ducks Fan

S/C/G: 350/292/225

Height: 6-2

I have been on the medifast plan for almost 2 weeks and next week I am starting to incorporate exercise. I went on a 4 mile hike felt pretty good on Tuesday. Definitely going to consider eating another meal or half of a lean extra to compensate for the workouts. Good luck!
Kingofkingz360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:16 AM   #6  

I just started doing the ITG diet and they say to cut back on exercise in the beginning. I never really worked out hardcore before but I did notice a drop in my energy levels the first week here, so I guess its smart to lay off for a few weeks. The coaches there said I can eventually build back up to what I was doing before but just not to overdo it at first. Anyone else experience this on ITG or another keto diet?
itsjenny82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 219/208/170

Height: 5' 7"

I just started Wonderslim and from what I can tell in the booklet, they want you to exercise. (I guess one drawback of doing the cheaper plan is not have the coach!) I'm no stranger to dieting/exercise/etc. so I think I'll be okay... Anyway, I have never been much of an exerciser but I am afraid of losing a bunch of weight quickly and looking "flabby." I don't have to be a muscle-mania but I at least want to trim up. So... I plan to slowly add some exercise in- maybe some pilates or light strength training first. Problem is- these first few days I can't imagine it! My muscles have felt weak and I feel like even climbing my stairs takes more effort than normal! Hopefully once I adjust to the plan that will subside!
linstar45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 06:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/165/135

Height: 5'1

I just started Wonderslim and my energy seemed okay, so I went to the gym today. I am definitely weaker. I usually walk/run the track for an hour but only managed 40 minutes walking. So now I have decided I am going to try to do 30 minutes 3-4 times per week for now.
kattyb13 is offline   Reply With Quote