South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 05:18 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Tuesday SBD Chat, Oct 15

Good Morning

I'm being very quiet so I don't wake DH....coffee is brewing and I thought I'd "try" and sneak in here to say hello!

What's up in your world today? Stop and say hi!

Me:
I had thought several weeks ago that it couldn't get any busier and yet everything has kicked up another notch. The good news is that I stay very close to plan, I'm just 2 pounds off my ticker and I feel absolutely great!

I got through last week at my "real job" working extra days for 2 missing coworkers. I also got a crew lined up for the renovation at my mom's vacant rental. The heating guy almost has the furnace installed at the personal reno that DH and I have been working towards finishing since May. The crazy news is that mom has 2 more renters leaving the end of this month and I think one of them is going to leave a mess. (That was Friday night's news). So, I just continue one day at a time and remind myself that this, too, shall pass. Thanks to all of you, (and my Beck Diet Solution friends), I totally understand bailing on my food plan during this time is only going to make things worse.

I read posts every day and am keeping up with everyone here. It's just difficult for me to post from my iphone and as difficult to find time to sit down at my computer. Someone is always "needing me". Lol. Today I leave at 730am. My mom is finally having a melanoma removed from her face. We will make several stops on the way down and I'm sure she'll just rest this afternoon. I'll head up to mom's project after my return as DH will be working up there while he awaits the arrival of the roll off dumpster we need to facilitate the reno up there. Fortunately, I am very calm. I do think that healthy eating seems to help me with the ability to stay focused and calm.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-15-2013 at 05:33 AM.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Debbie. It is fantastic how you manage all these challenges yet stay OP. Hope everything goes well for your mom today.

As for me, had a flu shot last week. Now sick yet still working. I drive to the city again today. I rather sit in traffic alone than be cramped on the train. I too staying OP. Still maintaining below my goal weight which makes me quite happy.

Have a great day
Old 10-15-2013, 06:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Debbie - You are a SB inspiration! I hope all goes smoothly for your mom today. I had two skin cancers removed from my face but my melanoma was on my leg.

Jennifer - Kudos on maintaining there! Hope you feel better soon.

I officially have a cold. No more thinking "my throat is scratchy, I might be coming down with something." I've got errands to run today, mostly groceries but it will take more than one store. I hate that! Then I'll be mellow. There is the slightest chance DH and I will hike today but it depends how I feel after being up for a while and how much rain we got last night.

Have a great day.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Thanks Debbie for starting us off. Sounds like you are really busy, kudos to you for staying on plan!

Jennifer, ick - my number one reason not to get the flu shot! My DH got sick from the flu vaccine last year, I wonder if he'll get it this year again.

Karen - ew, another sicky! Good thing we don't meet IRL for coffee! I hope it is a quick cold and not one of those that goes on (seemingly) forever.

For me - Long day today, how I do not like them!! It was a late night last night with a meeting, and today will be busy. I do have several things to get at the store sometime, hopefully I'll get a short break. That black bean soup tasted amazing yesterday, and I can't wait to have more today .
Old 10-15-2013, 06:56 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Poop! Lost my post.

Other than that, all is pretty A-OK. I even woke at my normal time today so must be getting better. See you all later.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Debbie, I well know what you mean by everybody always "needing you" all the time. That's exactly the reason I never got in here yesterday!

Jennifer, I hope you feel better soon. I get my flu shot on Friday, and hope it doesn't ruin my weekend since I'm planning to spend it at my DD's celebrating her birthday!

Karen, I hope your cold doesn't last long and that you're feeling better, too. It sure is a nice time of the year for hiking.

I had to run some things up to Dad at the hospital before I went to work yesterday, and the day took off from there. By the time I was able to sit down at the end of the day, it was all I could do to keep my eyes open. Today looks better, though, and Dad is happily settled back home and doing well, although he has to go back in hospital on Thursday again.
I'm doing pretty well trying to stay OP. My problem seems to be overdoing it with nuts. I keep a baggie of homemade gorp in the car and another one in my purse. It keeps me from indulging in other temptations, but it's too easy reach for a handful.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to Ruth and Tammy!
Old 10-15-2013, 07:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth and Cottage!

You ain't kiddin' about too much when it's in arm's length, Cottage...
Old 10-15-2013, 08:24 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Debbie so great that you are able to handle all the extra baggage coming your way

Jen. Hope you get over that flu shot soon

Karen have a nice hike if it happens

Linda. Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he goes home soon

Ruth glad to hear you are getting better

Tammy sorry to hear you have another long day..yummy for black bean soup

Kim. Hope little one is better

Trying to get back into a routine after the cold and thanksgiving
Take care
Sophie
Old 10-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning. Technically today is my day off this week but I've got a class to run at the Co-op tonight and about a million things to do. I won't have another day off until Sunday and you know how that goes.

Add me to the unable to keep my hands out of food within arms length club. I also keep snacks in the car because I'm on the road so much but sometimes they end up being just something to do while driving, never a good thing.

Well the sooner I get moving the more likely I am to have a little time to enjoy the beautiful day.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

afternoon all!

So frustrated today - darn unemployment offices keeping me on hold for an hour only to tell me to call back tomorrow! Grrrr.

Staying OP and feeling a bit SBD flu-like. Hope everyone has a good day and to the maintainers! Gives me hope!
Old 10-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Well I didn't even last 4 hours at work today. Going to my doctor tomorrow. Took a three hour nap on the couch. I did manage to whip up a huge pot of turkey stew. I cannot taste any flavor. May need DS input.....Tammy mark my words this is my last flu shot lol
Old 10-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening! Just stopping by to read the news and let you know I am still here.
Had a nice weekend; a good mix of productive (house and yard work) and fun (feeling a little guilty about spending money. But honestly, in this neck of the woods you can't have too many fleece jackets or boots?!)

The next few days look to be rainy and progressively colder. Ugh.

Debbie, awesome job staying on plan!
To those who are sick: well wishes.

Have a nice evening all!

Last edited by Beth19; 10-15-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Closed Thread