Old 10-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Wink Christian Encourager's -- OCTOBER 2013

Welcome Friends
--------------------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a
beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

Welcome to the new October 2013 Chat Thread -- have a great month everyone ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #2  
Rosebud

Quote:
Rosebud thanks for your kind words . I must tell you that I your prayers really helped! My Dad was in pretty good spirits and he actually let me take him out to lunch YEAH ... You are so right about real love. My dad did heroic care for my mom. He took such good care of her (as best as he could) She was able to stay out of a nursing home (her wish) until the last few days. I pray that she is free from her disease and is flying free like a bird now. I am sorry that your DH has Alzheimer's. That is one rotten disease. I have had a lot of experience with that, and I know how heartbreaking that can be. I will say some prayers for you. You do seem to have a great cheery outlook about it all. Take care...

So glad that your DAD is feeling better right now. I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt (and there are scriptures to back this; i.e. Psalms) that your mother is free of all pain and is indeed flying around like a bird, like we all will be some day. I've had dreams about this where friends & relatives came and showed me that they didn't have any wheelchairs or canes, or any physical health issues over there at all.

YES, Alzheimer's is a tuff disease too; and thanks for your prayers for us -- they sure are needed each day. He is doing much better but he still gets confused once in a while. We have a good schedule going right now that is helping a lot as well.

I just took it easy today becuz yesterday I made the mistake of raking some leaves and hurt an old injury in a disk in my back -- had pain all up my spine and chest and back. So that will be DH's job from now on; seems anything that involves sideways arm motions is not possible for me.

Eating and walking have been going great this week; I am so pleased how well I am going. I did have to take a Tylenol before leaving and the back pains have subsided (THANK YOU, GOD!). Will be getting a cat scan on October 7th (hope all is clear); and seeing my oncologist on the 17th as well. We are praying for positive results for all. Would sure appreciate your prayers about that too; thanks!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-02-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #3  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE -- hope you are having nice weather like we are; sure taking advantage of it by spending a little time outdoors, doing my walks faithfully. A nice lady complimented me saying that "I was doing really, really well"; then an elderly gentlemen who uses straight pole told me that I am doing better than him. I told him that I may at my limit right now, as tonight with this cold bug, I felt tired and had to stop a lot.

So I'm off to bed real early tonight to get lots of rest. We will be picking up a few snacks and dinner for tomorrow night (no work for me). BIL & brother are coming to take me to my appts. I am very excited about that. Prayers for a safe and enjoyable trip would be very appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Haven't been here in a while, been reading and trying to catch up some. Just wanted to drop in and say hello and y'all are all still in my prayers daily.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #5  
Rosebud

HI TRISH -- nice to see you drop by; prayers are still going up for you and Toni that all is well, esp with his health issues.

Boy, a what busy day we had! Sure got my exercise in today, including an extra walk later in the evening when DH accidently let our furry baby out for a run around the neighbourhood. Oh well, I guess GOD wanted us ALL to walk off our dinners tonight ...

Just checking in : gonna shut down my pc and go to bed soon after doing my devotions and bible reading -- surely I will sleep better tonight.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #6  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE -- well, we sure had an adventurous trip here on Saturday. Our car ran out of gas (don't ask) ; so the guys stopped and asked this guy to buy some gas which he put into the car. We only had 4 km to the nearest gas station (or so we thought), but no sooner were we out on the road again, the car stopped completely and wouldn't start again.

So they had to call CAA to bring us more gas, but it still wouldn't start; so the problem was bigger than we thought (bad or dirty gas resulting in a blocked or dirty filter, or even possibly the fuel pump burned out from being out of gas; remote, but possible). Thank goodness, and GOD that the mechanic was in his tow truck when he got the call so he came with that. He couldn't get it started either.

So we were in a pickle for sure as I have to get to my appts early Monday AM (tomorrow). In the end this man (an angel sent by GOD no doubt as we had been praying), offers to drive us and the car al the way home; and he did. The only thing was that I had to get up in to this high tow truck (haha) without falling out backwards. Oh great: so guess who has a has a major fear of heights from previous falls, so then has a major anxiety attack as they were pushing me up and in ...

Well, after my BIL put my leg up to the first step (which was like 3 feet high off the ground, as I couldn't reach it on my own); and with my dear brother giving my butt the HEAVE-HO twice -- I finally make it in there. I stayed in that vehicle all the way home (no restroom breaks; no food; no fluids; I couldn't risk it). THANKS TO GOD and an angel or two that I'm sure were helping as my nerves finally calmed down ...

Of course, then I had to get out once we made it home. We had a nice trip back and I got to sit in the front and see all the views. So we made it home about 8:30 pm; and the guys let me slide down onto their shoulders, and they lifted me down onto the ground very gently, as they knew how scared I was. I am so glad that I didn't see my BIL fall when he got out or I would have been even more anxious. He said he slip on the steps and hit his butt on the last step: ouch!

So thanks to my two angels (my brother and the mechanic) who lifted me down gently to the ground without incident. So my poor sister and BIL will have to wait til next week to find out what is wrong with their best car. Hopefully, it was just bad (mixed with diesel) or dirty gas and they don't need too many repairs but it will still have to be drained and refilled.

TRUST ME, it could have been worse; we would have been stranded til Monday and I would have missed all my appts. THANK YOU GOD, for sending us help; and next time, I know the guys will listen to me and put gas in at the 1/4 or 1/2 way mark like I had suggested several times but they didn't listen to me.

So we had a great sleep last night and I will go to bed early as we have to get up early for my appts. We will be going in the older little spare car; so LORD, please help us get there safe and sound. Really would appreciate prayers for a good trip tomorrow; and good results for all my tests too. THANKS WARRIORS ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-06-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
HI EVERYONE -- well, we sure had an adventurous trip here on Saturday. Our car ran out of gas (don't ask) ; so the guys stopped and asked this guy to buy some gas which he put into the car. We only had 4 km to the nearest gas station (or so we thought), but no sooner were we out on the road again, the car stopped completely and wouldn't start again.

So they had to call CAA to bring us more gas, but it still wouldn't start; so the problem was bigger than we thought (bad or dirty gas resulting in a blocked or dirty filter, or even possibly the fuel pump burned out from being out of gas; remote, but possible). Thank goodness, and GOD that the mechanic was in his tow truck when he got the call so he came with that. He couldn't get it started either.

So we were in a pickle for sure as I have to get to my appts early Monday AM (tomorrow). In the end this man (an angel sent by GOD no doubt as we had been praying), offers to drive us and the car al the way home; and he did. The only thing was that I had to get up in to this high tow truck (haha) without falling out backwards. Oh great: so guess who has a has a major fear of heights from previous falls, so then has a major anxiety attack as they were pushing me up and in ...

Well, after my BIL put my leg up to the first step (which was like 3 feet high off the ground, as I couldn't reach it on my own); and with my dear brother giving my butt the HEAVE-HO twice -- I finally make it in there. I stayed in that vehicle all the way home (no restroom breaks; no food; no fluids; I couldn't risk it). THANKS TO GOD and an angel or two that I'm sure were helping as my nerves finally calmed down ...

Of course, then I had to get out once we made it home. We had a nice trip back and I got to sit in the front and see all the views. So we made it home about 8:30 pm; and the guys let me slide down onto their shoulders, and they lifted me down onto the ground very gently, as they knew how scared I was. I am so glad that I didn't see my BIL fall when he got out or I would have been even more anxious. He said he slip on the steps and hit his butt on the last step: ouch!

So thanks to my two angels (my brother and the mechanic) who lifted me down gently to the ground without incident. So my poor sister and BIL will have to wait til next week to find out what is wrong with their best car. Hopefully, it was just bad (mixed with diesel) or dirty gas and they don't need too many repairs but it will still have to be drained and refilled.

TRUST ME, it could have been worse; we would have been stranded til Monday and I would have missed all my appts. THANK YOU GOD, for sending us help; and next time, I know the guys will listen to me and put gas in at the 1/4 or 1/2 way mark like I had suggested several times but they didn't listen to me.

So we had a great sleep last night and I will go to bed early as we have to get up early for my appts. We will be going in the older little spare car; so LORD, please help us get there safe and sound. Really would appreciate prayers for a good trip tomorrow; and good results for all my tests too. THANKS WARRIORS ...
Good luck on your Cat scan, pray nothing is found,
I have a Cat scan coming up, too.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:13 AM   #8  

Bargoo and Rosebud Praying for both of you believing for a good report on scans.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #9  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm echoing the prayers for Bargoo & Rosebud!

We've had a busy couple weeks, again. Seems like a lot going on, but nothing getting done & just a lot of going in circles

Had quite the evening Friday. Went to the football field for the game and knew rain/storms were in the forecast, but they started early and the boys never even got from the school to the field (it's a mile, so they come together on a bus from the locker rooms). The lightning didn't quit from 6:30 till after 10, so they rescheduled the game for Saturday morning. I'd never been to a football game on a Saturday morning before! The weather was great and lots of sun, so even though it was only about 55ºF, we had all shed our sweatshirts by halftime! It was a good game, with the exception of the injury to Levi (more details in the prayer thread) and the boys won, against the only other undefeated team in our district, so they were happy. Levi's injury just made us all cringe and most of us moms were in tears. DS3 said most of the players were about to throw up seeing Levi's leg, but they ALL went on the field to support Levi as the ambulance crew took him off on the gurney. I know how much all the boys love football and the other sports, but wish there was a way to keep them safer. We saw the video of this injury and it really was kind of a fluke, but there have been several concussions this year already as well. I just pray for their safety before and during every game.

Not much else getting accomplished here. The fatigue has been getting to me. I finally finished the meds for the SIBO infection and the abdominal misery seems to be abating (the meds were making me really sick this time, including severe headaches), but, of course, the MS has to be making itself heard again and I just feel wiped all the time.

But, anyway, enough with the whining.....I hope you all are doing well. You're in my prayers. God bless and have a great week!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #10  
Rosebud

RONNI -- THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS. I sent up prayers for LEVI for peace, comfort, and a quick recovery; for your DH and this job opportunity; and for you, that your MS will go back into remission and give you some rest ...

We had a lazy-hazy day today; trying to get over this cold/flu bug we picked up. I thought I caught DH's but his symptoms are new for him too, so I'm sure we picked it up before we left home. Your chest feels congested with phlegm a bit which makes breathing more difficult at times. So, we all had afternoon rest naps the last two days.

We had lovely meals here the last few days: roasted chicken & veggies; pork chops in a mushroom cream sauce with rice and coleslaw last night. Tonight was thrifty night: KD surprise (with cut up superdogs and ketchup) . We will be shopping tomorrow to pick up some fruit and other stuff for the weekend.

It was really warm and here today; that was nice after the on the weekend and Monday night. Have a great week everyone ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-08-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #11  
Rosebud

BARGOO -- prayers going up that your PET Scan results are in your favor for sure; will see my doctor on the 17th for the results of my tests (the Cat Scan and lab tests). We're hoping and praying for everything to be perfectly clear. THANKS for your prayers; have been getting some extra rest to get rid of this cold/flu bug we picked up.

WE had a busy day today: did some vacuuming in the AM, then washed the couch in the afternoon. We had spagettini with garlic bread for dinner. Went shopping in the afternoon and picked up the stuff for our THANKSGIVING dinner as well. DH has been doing well, but was a bit ansy tonight; was having trouble settling down but seems to be better now.

I hope I can later on after putting our furry baby out for the last time. My flu is starting to feel a little better tonight. THANKS for your prayers about that; I really appreciate them. My DAD & SM (Grace) may be coming tomorrow; will be nice to see them. We had lovely weather today: and warm; almost felt like summer again.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-09-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Fell this morning and had to have the firemen get me up. Laying in the middle of my living room in a shorty nightgown.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #13  
Rosebud

BARGOO -- how are you feeling now? Hope you are OK? Sending prayers that you feel better soon ...
Old 10-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #14  

I posted this on the diabetic thread, but y'all have been praying for me so I thought I would share with you how our prayers have been answered concerning my weight loss.

As some of you know, I have spent the last 3 or 4 yrs searching for my own way to healthy eating and lifestyle. Amazing this is that I had it all the time, but didn't realize it until now.

When I was growing up, I only ate 2 meals a day lunch and dinner. Breakfast was eaten on special occasions and snacks were rare for me. Others in my family ate them, but I just wasn't interested. When I grew up and lived alone, I mostly ate only 1 meal a day with a rare but occasional snack. Weight became a problem when living with others who insisted on at least 3 meals a day especially breakfast.

I always loved the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet and I also like Intuitive Eating. I have actually found myself actually combing the 2 and that is how I am eating again. I realized today that the reason it works so well for me is that it is "my normal" flow or way of eating. My main meal now is at or around 2 or 3. That is about the time when I used to eat lunch in high school and when I worked. Now it is the time that I eat my main meal which is the CAD's RM which I call my carby meal. I eat my Carbohydrate-Reducing Meal (CM) which are low carb veggies and no starchy foods between 6 & 7 pm. And then I'm through.

In school, I was extremely active with band... marching, sports and dancing. I have replaced that with the stationary bike for 2 miles, 5 days, and the Tai Chi, 4 days this week. My goal is to do both 5 or 6 days a week.

I feel great. I feel alive, free and alert with a great positive attitude that makes me feel good about me. I haven't had that feeling in a LONG time.
So thankful that it has finally come together for me. So many times I came close to giving up, but I am so thankful that I didn't.

This is not a diet for me. It is "my lifestyle" the way I should have and would have continued to do ALL my life if everyone had left me alone. Now that I know that and this is the way I will eat the rest of my life, I can just relax and enjoy it and let my health and weight return to normal in its own time.

I thank God for answering our prayers and blessing me so. Thank y'all so very much for your prayers.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #15  

Bargoo I hope you are doing okay. Prayers going up for you.

Rosebud I pray all is going well for you and DH.